Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

There was an EG article saying MT weren't in at launch but they were considering what to do in the long term. So AFAIK you can't buy upgrades yet. However, the game structure looks to me designed around the principle of MT, even if they aren't implemented yet. Hence my suspicion that maybe the economic model of the game changed during development. At first I'm thinking they were going for F2P with an MT driven economy, but finally settled on a significant flat-fee up front which works on these platforms and their users. They may roll out game on mobile with a different model, maybe, although I can't anything more than an old intention to port Frostbite to mobile.

Yes, I know there aren't. But the structure points to a MT intention. Whether that's been dropped completely and the price hiked from F2P to $40, or whether it'll come back, I'm wary of. I'd hope at $40 that it stays a complete game, although there must be a lot of management pressure to add in optional upgrade sticker packs to give people the chance to buy a pack with a wanted upgrade instead of hoping to win one through play.

Eurogamer are reporting micro transactions have been added to PvZ:GW.

Eurogamer said:
"Starting next week, players will be given the option to purchase coins from the Sticker Shop, which allows players the ability to access new packs and character content more quickly - all the same content that can be earned through regular gameplay," producer Brian Lindley explained.

"Now you have the choice to play your way; you can play to get new packs and content via earned coins in the game, or you can purchase coins to get more of the packs and content you want right away."

Nice to see things remain intelligently predictable. ;) It's just a random chance to get stuff you want, right, so you potentially have to go through lots of 'packs' to unlock stuff, potentially requiring purchases?

Yes, just read that today on Eurogamer too, apparently in 1080p at 60fps

It's a high quality game and they've done a ton of free content updates. It really is one of the better multiplayer games that's available. People ignored it because it's a "kid" game.

I'm really liking this game. Playing on the PS4. It has the depth and variety of battlefield but also the non-serious nature allows it to be more fun.
You just don't get so annoyed if the person who keeps killing you is wearing a sandcastle on their head.

Also this might have just happened :mrgreen:
pvz1.jpg

I got this free with EA's PSX giveaway and it's sat there waiting for me to fire it up.

Is there a single player mode?

I'm really liking this game. Playing on the PS4. It has the depth and variety of battlefield but also the non-serious nature allows it to be more fun.
You just don't get so annoyed if the person who keeps killing you is wearing a sandcastle on their head.

Also this might have just happened :mrgreen:

Super underrated game. I really hope they make another. It seems to have been popular enough that the series could continue.

Sadly the couch co-op is limited to one mode playing only as plants and there is no story or SP mode other than this.

Back