News & Rumours: Playstation 4/ Orbis *spin*

Status
Not open for further replies.
a3058ed0cc85fa62e7ea0537b861990f.jpg

I lol'ed in the office.

Maybe they are conducting secret experiments...............

latest

We're all doomed. Live together, die alone!

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2015/0...ork-in-february-announcements-inbound/131889/

Any guesses?
Maybe The Last Guardian?

(I did it again. I made myself sad again.)
Could it have to do with the fact that Sony unified today all of their services using the PlayStation brand for all their products, starting this February? The unification sounds fair to me, btw, using PlayStation as the main brand.

s3ftdk.png

Kazuo Hirai hinted at it before in CES 2014, talking about Ultra HD and PlayStation Now.

http://on.aol.com/video/kazuo-hirai-on-unifying-sony-through-ultra-hd-and-playstation-now-518076654

Could it have to do with the fact that Sony unified today all of their services using the PlayStation brand for all their products, starting this February? The unification sounds fair to me, btw, using PlayStation as the main brand.

Hey, that would look cool actually. I'd say "was about time" ...

It's subjective of course but it looks a bit forced. Do you remember when Microsoft inserted "Live" into every product name as part of the Microsoft Live branding.

I would pay good money for a Vita successor with backwards compatibility. I'm loving the platform and its capabilities.
An incremental update like the "New 3DS" with better wifi connection, higher-resolution screen, better sound and dual analog triggers would suffice.

But I think I've made this exact post some 5 times already.

Hey, that would look cool actually. I'd say "was about time" ...
It's subjective of course but it looks a bit forced. Do you remember when Microsoft inserted "Live" into every product name as part of the Microsoft Live branding.
Well, I think I remember, Live included Outlook, Movie Maker, Picture Viewer, etc etc etc... I agree with pMax here, this makes Sony's products more appealing in my eyes, as if they were part of the same ecosystem, under a strong popular brand which people are crazy about in some countries -there are countries where the PS4 is like a trend and everyone wants one-.

I would pay good money for a Vita successor with backwards compatibility. I'm loving the platform and its capabilities.
An incremental update like the "New 3DS" with better wifi connection, higher-resolution screen, better sound and dual analog triggers would suffice.

Well, note that you talk about a successor because Sony themselves think that the Vita is dead and they recently removed Youtube and another service from the platform, which is a sign of them not caring about the handheld, I think. For a successful successor to the Vita, they should offer an independent device but totally compatible with the PS4 that could act as a controller for the PS4, or even as a second screen. In a couple of years handhelds could be as capable as a full fat console, so why not PS4 handheld? At the time being and for a long time 3DS is going to reign supreme, and I don't see it changing in a long long time, unless Nintendo releases a new pocket sized console.

Vita is a great piece of hardware. Biggest flaws are lack of L2 and R2 physical buttons and no internal memory.

It's subjective of course but it looks a bit forced.
It actually ties in with Kutaragi's idea of what the platform is. Workstation was where you did work. Playstation was where you'd play, which means all your entertainment content. The Playstation concept, an all-in-one box, is dead, but the platform as an all-in-one solution can live on as a device-agnostic platform.

Flaws aside I think Sony admitted themselves that the Vita is like Kinect, it's dead?

Sony never said such thing. They just stated that, for the west, they would bet on the platform as both a portable console for cross-buy indie games and an extension of the PS4. (Meaning: no more western AAA titles from Sony like Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, Grand Turismo, etc.).

In Japan, the Vita is really healthy right now. There are hundreds of games already planned for release in Japan, and lots of them are AAA titles (Resident Evil Revelations 2, God Eater 2, etc).
The bigger screen, higher resolution and touch capability on the main screen make it a much better option for visual novels than the 3DS could ever hope to be.

I've probably spent more on PSN buying titles for Vita than PS3&PS4 whereas the counter to saying anything positive about Vita is it has no games... IMO people who don't own one have a lot of misconceptions about the platform.....

Whtas Playstation.Vue? Some TV service?
Please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema, please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema, please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema, please be a trial movie-on-demand streaming service for films still in the cinema..

Sony never said such thing. They just stated that, for the west, they would bet on the platform as both a portable console for cross-buy indie games and an extension of the PS4. (Meaning: no more western AAA titles from Sony like Uncharted, God of War, Killzone, Grand Turismo, etc.).

In Japan, the Vita is really healthy right now. There are hundreds of games already planned for release in Japan, and lots of them are AAA titles (Resident Evil Revelations 2, God Eater 2, etc).
The bigger screen, higher resolution and touch capability on the main screen make it a much better option for visual novels than the 3DS could ever hope to be.
That sounds reasonable and had I to choose a handheld it'd be the Vita -although I'd stick to the 3DS if I wanted tons of good games-, but Sony are just saying that the platform is dead because a couple of days ago they announced they are going to remove Youtube, Maps and near features for the PS Vita, which to me it means "we don't care about this platform anymore and the future of Vita in the west is uncertain".

That sounds reasonable and had I to choose a handheld it'd be the Vita -although I'd stick to the 3DS if I wanted tons of good games-, but Sony are just saying that the platform is dead because a couple of days ago they announced they are going to remove Youtube, Maps and near features for the PS Vita, which to me it means "we don't care about this platform anymore and the future of Vita in the west is uncertain".
More likely it means, these apps take time and effort to maintain and very few people use them so they're toast. I've only used these apps once, when I first got the Vita, and I was trying everything. There are a bunch more miscellaneous apps they could lose as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just hearing about the Youtube thing for the first time TBH. I never used Maps or Near at all, but I did use Youtube a lot.

Apparently, no justification was given. Maybe Sony had to pay Google for the native app and they figured that using the browser works just as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back