Microsoft HoloLens [Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Holograms]

New Devices mentioned by Terry Myerson, plus new experiences.
This is when my PR bollocks alarm went off. I switch it off for Apple events automatically.

Do you know how long is the event due to last?

AR concept being shown?

We must be out of sync.

Edit: Why does he keep momentously pausing? It's like he's waiting for constant applause or whoops. Oh he got for the free Windows upgrade announcements, haha! FREE STUFF! WOOO!

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-21%20at%2012.11.59%20PM.png

So I am guessing they are going to show two new devices - phone/hybrid device and AR?

2-hour show, and with Joe up on stage I wonder how much he will take. :p He can talk!

Edit 2: He has a timer running! LOL Looks like he gets 34-mins

Edit 3: Cortana makes a haircut joke, same thing I thought.

They've missed a trick not having a visual Cortana model pop-up.

I like this guy. He's like.. "whoa dude" and..

"I KNOW THIS SOUNDS CRAZY"

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Hmmm.. ok. I don't recall C3PO(tm) wearing a HoloLens(tm) when playing HoloChess(tm) with Chewbacca(tm).

Howver.. interesting.

edit: probably should have got Robert Downey Jr to do something Iron Man-ish for this.

HoloStudio to make holograms which you can "3D print" to make holograms?

Microsoft.. DUDES! These aren't holograms by the popular definition. But AR rumour confirmed.

This is insane. I love VR but for that I'm interested in it for games , this however is something I can use all the time during my working day.

The real question is price. If its sub $500 then I could see it taking off and the closer they get to $100 the better it will do but if they try and go higher price it will fail.

I still think I will get a rift before this

Back