DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

I've sent a new challenge out gents, on one of the new Japanese circuits.

When I looked earlier I didn't see them yet. Maybe tomorrow. Haven't even tried all tracks yet, just the first three or four.

Evo studios!!! you are awesome!. Thanks a lot for the japan map pack for free. OMG. My dreams to come to Japan... of crashing BUS into old woman! :p

f9aaQId.jpg

693QDPa.jpg

szypFmA.jpg

by8MfGv.jpg
madness. cant imagine playing this in morpheus~!!

EDIT:
windows explorer have different color profile or something... the picture in PS4 and web browser is the same. But blacker on windows explorer :?

madness. cant imagine playing this in morpheus~!!

You can't imagine it, because even Evo developers can't do the same. According to Yoshida, DriveClub is not compatible with cockpit VR became game is too arcadey for that. It can maybe work with chase cam VR, but in any case, game will have to be significantly butchered to achieve 1080p60 rendering in 3D.

cant the game simply render at 640p or something? It will looks the same for me when im driving without glasses :p and still sharper than DVD.
they also can delete lots of post process "lens" effect in VR mode.

Driveclub doesn't really have many I-wish-I-was-a-movie type of post processing effects you could reasonably cut. As a matter if fact it might actually have none whatsoever. I'm racing using the behind-the-wheel camera, and all the "effects" are basically just there to simulate windshield imperfections and pupil dilation. Not some nonsensical virtual camera lense.

Btw, do any of you good folks have a spare place for a DC nomad without a club?

Maybe that's because the game still has issues, and is still the worst game in the franchise which no amount of finally getting the framerate to a stable 30fps (Should they ever manage it - unlikely) and aside from the short DLC, there's been no compensation. (Unless you brought the seasons pass)

The free content being given away for Driveclub is on an entirely different level.

Save for a few spots with really heavy crowds, Unity pretty much runs at a consistent 30fps now. Blackflag notwithstanding, Unity now runs way better than any other console AC ever did. No worse than GTA5 on next gen systems. It's also stable and about as bug-free as a game of such a massive scope can reasonably be expected to be. And why are a couple of extra tracks on a way different level than a 6-10 hour add-on? (and no, the weather update doesn't count because it was always promised to be a freebie down the line)

I agree with shifty, though: Evolution has certainly won the PR battle. I just think it has very little to do with the state of AC Unity. It has everything to fo with the fact that Ubisoft has been designated the defacto face of evil of the gaming industry by the cavernous, hyperbole-driven echo chamber that is the internet. Seriously, how many people whining about AC Unity have actually played it?

Last edited:
Save for a few spots with really heavy crowds, Unity pretty much runs at a consistent 30fps now. Blackflag notwithstanding, Unity now runs way better than any other console AC ever did. It's also stable and about as bug-free as a game of such a massive scope can reasonably be expected to be. And why are a couple of extra tracks on a way different level than a 6-10 hour add-on? (and no, the weather update doesn't count because it was always promised to be a freebie down the line)

I agree with shifty, though: Evolution has certainly won the PR battle. I just think it has very little to do with the state of AC Unity. It has everything to fo with the fact that Ubisoft has been designated the defacto face of evil of the gaming industry by the cavernous, hyperbole-driven echo chamber that is the internet. Seriously, how many people whining about AC Unity have actually played it?
I agree that ACU got a lot of heat simply because it's a much more popular game franchise, while DC could afford to hide behind their relative small notoriety. Ubisoft have also had a string of messy releases, with ACU just being the last of a very unfortunate streak for them.

So I'm not sure why we're really comparing the two. Good thing that they both did bother to fix things up!

Even with the latest update, Unity defo doesn't run pretty much near 30fps. Rooftops yes, elsewhere no. Also, Black Flag was 30fps rock solid (PS4 version).

cant the game simply render at 640p or something? It will looks the same for me when im driving without glasses :p and still sharper than DVD.
Not unless you watch DVDs 30cms from the screen. VR fills your FOV, so those pixels are spread over a much larger area than a TV. That's why VR needs more of them.

I've played it thanks. It's rubbish, the frame rate is anything but stable, and in the dlc the frame rate is pretty bad despite their bring hardly any npcs as they are all 'dying of the plague.'

I have completed all assassins creed games, unity is the worst.

Even with the latest update, Unity defo doesn't run pretty much near 30fps. Rooftops yes, elsewhere no. Also, Black Flag was 30fps rock solid (PS4 version).

Blackflag was also a last-gen game with a bunch of tacked-on shiny bits. And again, why is GTA5 - now that is another souped-up last gen game - being hailed as this big achievement when it merrily drops to the mid twenties when things get busy despite looking nowhere near as advanced as Unity. I'm just pointing out the double standards here.

GTA 5, is relatively bug free (Never encountered a single bug on PS3, not played the PS4 version for longer than an hour yet), and much larger in scope than Assassins Creed, so talk about double standards ;)

So is the AI different or am I imagining it? I did a couple of single even races in Japan. The cars did not ram me, I did not get penalties for the bumps and I actually came in #1 and #2. It was .. dare I say...fun? I wonder if main campaign will feel different?

Back