Valeu Senna

mito

beyond noob
Veteran
Senna

Ayrton_Senna_Imola_1989_Cropped.jpg

We still miss you, brave warrior.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember very well the day he died. It was like like everyone in Brazil had lost a friend or relative. You could actually see people with teary faces in the streets.

It would have been awesome to see him and Michael Schumaker fighting for all the titles (just like he and Proust did for so many years).

I miss you too Senna.

I'm to young to remembers Senna racing but ive seen the old videos and he really looked like a awsome driver. Especially since cars from that era were a bit more mechanical than todays push the pedal to the floor and let the computer figure things out kind of cars. Though that will change next year when TC is gone :)

I remember this video were Senna crashed and a other car stopped and Senna went on to sit on the sidepod and than one of the Marshalls tried to pull him off and Senna kicked him lol :D

I just watched it, and oh bloody hell did it bring back memories :cry:

And new things I didn't even remember/know about being quite young back then, like what kinda a biased french bastard was leading FIA in the late 80's, early 90's.
He succesfully sabotaged Senna's '89 championship to get his countryman Prost the championship instead (disqualified Senna for not turning backwards to go through the chicane properly, but using the escape way instead after Prost had crashed into him - technicly it was by the rulebook, but no-one ever had been penalized for doing the same before) and did his best to do the same in '90 (after Senna got to the pole, switched the pole to the dirty side of the track instead, luckily Senna had the balls to make a helluva lot noise about it, practicly tell him to f#%k off at the drivers meeting before the race, and then crashed rightfully to Prost to take the championship he should have gotten last year too)

Senna drove on wet like it was dry

edit:
Or even better, this:

Senna was driving Toleman, a car that had no business being anywhere near the podium places, and would have won the race easily if Prost, the damn pussy, didn't request for the race to be stopped :devilish:

Aye, I've always considered Senna the best due to his ability to win using VERY mediocre cars as well as his driving in non-optimal weather conditions. Obviously he had opportunities to drive good cars at certain points in his career, but not as consistently as Schumacher or Prost or some of the other greats.

And yeah, not even going into the F1 politics at the time... :p

Also, I want sparks from the undercarriage of the cars back. :D

Regards,
SB

Fans mark 20th anniversary of his death.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/vi...-senna-f1-fans-anniversary-death-brazil-video

His family created a NGO.
http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_5354623.html
The Ayrton Senna Institute is a non-profit organisation established in 1994 by Ayrton Senna's sister Viviane, who carried on the hopes and dreams envisioned by Ayrton Senna before he passed away. The programs of the Senna Institute aim to have as many children as possible learn skills required for living successfully in today's society. And at the centre of that education is the effort to raise the literacy level of the children. Since its establishment, schools supported by the Institute has spread to approximately 25% of the cities in all of Brazil, giving over 17 million children an opportunity to receive education directly, and the Institute has trained over 750,000 teachers with their educational programs. In schools supported by the Senna Institute, education is performed using curriculum and textbooks prepared by the Institute.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/senna/

Both were the last two pilots to die in F1.

Year GP Pilot
1953 Indianápolis Chet Miller
1954 Alemanha Onofre Marimón
1955 Indianápolis Manny Ayulo
1955 Indianápolis Bill Vukovich
1957 Indianápolis Keith Andrews
1958 França Luigi Musso
1958 Alemanha Peter Collins
1958 Indianápolis Pat O'Connor
1958 Marrocos Stuart Lewis-Evans
1959 Indianápolis Bob Cortner
1959 Indianápolis Jerry Unser
1960 Bélgica Chris Bristow
1960 Bélgica Alan Stacey
1961 Itália Wolfgang von Trips
1964 Alemanha Carel-Godin de Beaufort
1966 Alemanha John Taylor
1967 Mônaco Lorenzo Bandini
1968 França Jo Schlesser
1969 Alemanha Gerhard Mitter
1970 Itália Jochen Rindt
1970 Holanda Piers Courage
1973 Holanda Roger Williamson
1973 EUA François Cévert
1974 EUA Helmuth Koinigg
1975 Áustria Mark Donohue
1977 África do Sul Tom Pryce
1978 Itália Ronnie Peterson
1982 Bélgica Gilles Villeneuve
1982 Canadá Riccardo Paletti
1994 San Marino Roland Ratzenberger
1994 San Marino Ayrton Senna

RIP

In Dragon Age: Inquisition, there's a widower in Redcliffe who you can help by visiting his late wife's grave and lay down flowers there. His wife's name? Senna.

A little nice easter egg for us

Back