DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

As someone who pretty much uses the behind the wheel camera exclusively, I'm hoping that changed windshield wiper speed means they've sped 'em up considerably. The wipers act a little too relaxed during the game's monsoon setting at the moment.

Evolution should probably be applauded for turning it around. I imagine the fiasco in the beginnings of this game is long forgotten now.

Hm, not so sure about that. I think fixing a fundamentally broken game isn't exactly akin to doing something charitable. It's something that should be expected. Sure, you could still enjoy some thrilling single player races out of the gate, but the beating heart of the game is found in its highly addicting competitive social hooks, and those were almost entirely missing for the first few months. Of course the free weather update is lovely, but even that always seemed like it was meant to be a part of the game from day1. Basically just another victim of a tumultuous development cycle.

I don't hear people praising Ubisoft for doing pretty much the exact same thing with AC: Unity. (which was a technically uneven game for sure, but at least it worked)

I could beat if I put my best sector times together, but then that's the same for most events I do 8)

Yeah, this is also my problem. Although I guess even in the theoretical case, I can't beat his new time...maybe we find another hot lap challenge...these are fun :)

I am currently (after the intermezzo with Glo) working through the SP events...they are cool so far. I looking forward to events with changing weather...

I don't hear people praising Ubisoft for doing pretty much the exact same thing with AC: Unity. (which was a technically uneven game for sure, but at least it worked)
Maybe that's because the game still has issues, and is still the worst game in the franchise which no amount of finally getting the framerate to a stable 30fps (Should they ever manage it - unlikely) and aside from the short DLC, there's been no compensation. (Unless you brought the seasons pass)

The free content being given away for Driveclub is on an entirely different level.

Hm, not so sure about that. I think fixing a fundamentally broken game isn't exactly akin to doing something charitable.
It's not, but it's moved all the current and future talk about DC to how fabulous it is. Going into the next iteration of the franchise or whatever else Evo do next, it'll be on a PR high thanks to DC's current state. And how Evo/Sony have handled it, possibly losing a lot of money in giving away content that could have been sold, has worked. Other companies haven't been as effective as fixing their faux pas and getting the consumers back on their side.
That's kinda my point. ;) Is the AC:Unity thread full of pleased and excited players? Nope. So Ubi lost the PR battle there with their broken game. Evo managed to win their PR battle - which deserves a (businessy, not necessarily consumery) compliment. ;)

+1.

Fundamentaly the gameplay was fabulous out of the block, and by that i mean the driving model, the track design and tour layout. Since then Evo have managed to fix "most" of the online issues (sometimes still takes a while for certain aspect to load), added a plethora of new content such as cars, weather update, photo mode and the best of the lot, a huge amount of tracks, and not just any tracks at that! The new Japan location tracks i'd wager are among some of the best in the entire game! More updates are planned including private lobbies and Replays.

Ubi knew they'd release a broken game. Evo did not know the online would be fucked up, as beta tests were fine. The core game was finished and running just fine from launch.

Tweet from Evo just now.

"We are working with new manufacturers on lots of exciting cars, so keep following for new announcements."

"lots" sounds promising.

Antan is really quite fast! But still a tad behind me...but the problem is Globalisateur...he improved again!!!! Holy shit, congrats mate...
Well thanks! but I had to improve to get nearer of @novcze time, which I really did, but still it wasn't enough.

He has won this challenge, congrats to him! And when I shared the challenge to him I knew he'd win it, if he really wanted, based on a previous challenge we had done.

Why but why did I share the challenge to him?

10928936_924167557616562_7514312575323507378_o.jpg

Back