Xbox One November SDK Leaked

There isn't a second or dgpu in Xbox One.I wish the rumor would die!It all started with people making assumptions about the alpha dev kits and the slides of 2 GPU CP.

The Xbox One has dual GPU CP.Because the GPU will be able to run dual task aka Hyper Threading with in certain circumstances. Microsoft hasn't installed and activated yet because they are still over writing and prepping the Next Xbox One OS and DX 12 for Xbox One.

Whispers say the SDK'S will get preview mode of the dual threading in 2016.There is limitions to it.

Mr X Media is just a loony who has succeeded in creating this cult where batshit insane tech talk is passed off as fact. And some of his merry band of followers are equally living in lala land! Fake insiders everywhere. It's hilarious to read, especially when goalposts are moved.

There isn't a second or dgpu in Xbox One.I wish the rumor would die!It all started with people making assumptions about the alpha dev kits and the slides of 2 GPU CP.

The Xbox One has dual GPU CP.Because the GPU will be able to run dual task aka Hyper Threading with in certain circumstances. Microsoft hasn't installed and activated yet because they are still over writing and prepping the Next Xbox One OS and DX 12 for Xbox One.

Whispers say the SDK'S will get preview mode of the dual threading in 2016.There is limitions to it.

Its going to take Microsoft 3 goddamn years to implement something that simple? its nearly entirely hardware, the software should be trivial. I guess they don't actually hire The Best Programmers In The World (tm).

Its going to take Microsoft 3 goddamn years to implement something that simple? its nearly entirely hardware, the software should be trivial. I guess they don't actually hire The Best Programmers In The World (tm).

I suppose it's trivial if you are a manager instructing the engineers. Sony once thought the Cell is powerful enough that the PS3 doesn't need a GPU. They were wise not to believe that. Shouldn't programming for the Cell be trivial as well? After all, it's all done in hardware. In fact, shouldn't any software be trivial if it's done by the hardware?

"It should be trivial" famous words for engineers.

I suppose it's trivial if you are a manager instructing the engineers. Sony once thought the Cell is powerful enough that the PS3 doesn't need a GPU. They were wise not to believe that. Shouldn't programming for the Cell be trivial as well? After all, it's all done in hardware. In fact, shouldn't any software be trivial if it's done by the hardware?

"It should be trivial" famous words for engineers.

But the thing is it is actually all handled by hardware, the arbitration, the shecudling is all hardware.

All you need to do is pop it multiple number of instruction queues to work from. I honestly think people are inventing uses where the most obvious and simple one is probably the correct answer, its for system rendering.

Can you source some of this? I mean it's just about what we've been discussing but we haven't gone out and said yep this is it (GPU hyper threading) yet.

What's the advantage of 'hyperthreading' though when the one GCP already provides multiple shader streams? GCN is already threaded with the wavefronts and the many queued jobs.

What's the advantage of 'hyperthreading' though when the one GCP already provides multiple shader streams? GCN is already threaded with the wavefronts and the many queued jobs.
Now that is a good question. Unless it somehow makes the context switching less expensive...which I doubt...

I wish we could get sebbbi to speculate/prognosticate/pontificate about what uses a dual GCP setup would enable. Unfortunately, it's likely NDA territory.

Just speculating, maybe it simplifies the programming model for multi-threaded rendering or it's utilized for GPU sharing by the hypervisor (GameOS and systemOS get their own command processor).

I wish we could get sebbbi to speculate/prognosticate/pontificate about what uses a dual GCP setup would enable. Unfortunately, it's likely NDA territory.
I'm not even sure Sebbbi knows either. He's certainly under NDA and that's fine. But you'd think by now 14 months after release someone would have said something. So either everyone is very good with their NDA or only a select few people know what it's meant to do like the AAA first party title companies for instance.

I mean even with a leaked SDK we've generally learned little since. So if the feature was under NDA that feature hasn't been shared with all developers yet.

Last edited:
it seemed a lot of the work was done in-house

Depends which house do you mean, in reality most of the work was done by IBM/Sony/Toshiba. MSFT were very proud of the fact that they (as a "software company") got all of these hardware R&D achievements for free.

Depends which house do you mean, in reality most of the work was done by IBM/Sony/Toshiba. MSFT were very proud of the fact that they (as a "software company") got all of these hardware R&D achievements for free.
I do recall the agreement between AmD and MS being about 1 billion dollars. So it can't be entirely free.

Does Broadwell have any similarities outside of the edram?

Edit-> Yes, they are not messing around with NDA breaches. Not worth the... ahhh... gurgle... gotta go lie down, my head hurts... ;)

Last edited:
This is broad well I think, this could be dated I suppose. Or altered upon release. From what I can is there is 1 command streamer.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421635592.761316.jpg

I can't believe people are still going around in circles over this. The Xbox One's 2nd GCP is almost certainly being used exactly the same way as the 2nd one in the PS4 GPU: for exclusive OS access to the GPU when needed.

gpu_queues.jpg

And there we have two GCPs in PS4! All this time with people saying there's only one in PS4 and XB1 is unique, but they're both the same (shocker). That's another big clue that it's for system drawing, and time to put this to bed unless there's a shocking revelation in the future.

Back