DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

Got pretty close to Billy and Globalisateur on a couple of time trails yesterday with a few laps while I was waiting for the Assassins Creed Unity DLC to download.

Still don't have a hope in hell of getting the final star for the main tour though, I just cannot get a decent lap in with the Hennesy.

Cool! Join the fight! :mrgreen:

I wonder what it would get if reviewed now, it was ok before now everything is working it's pretty damn decent.

Probably 8 out 9 out of 10 in my opinion, with the ability to mod some of the slower cars it would be a definite 10 for me.

I wonder what it would get if reviewed now, it was ok before now everything is working it's pretty damn decent.

Probably 8 out 9 out of 10 in my opinion, with the ability to mod some of the slower cars it would be a definite 10 for me.

Yeah, I really have to admit that they improved a lot...it took them some time and they used the paying customers as beta testers...but when you buy it now, there is not much to complain.

Gameplay is great. I like how the racing feels. It reminds me of PGR (but of course this is so long ago, I could be wrong).
And the graphics are really insane...it is in my opinion one of the best looking games out there. There are short gameplay sequences where it tricks me into seeing a real life scene.
There seems to be also a vivid online community?! The challenges are also quite fun imo.

I still hope that their next game is not DC2 but MS4 :)

It would (will? I guess it's inevitable) kill me to play this on a good VR set, when we get enough power to have these graphics, or better, in full 3D. A matter of time.

Been playing this for a good while now as well. (borrowed it from a friend before I finally caved in due to the latest PSN discount). It's certainly drop dead gorgeous and feels fantastic. That said, I also think it suffers from some truly baffling design flaws. Seriously, I'm down with a racing game which actively discourages me from driving like a suicidal maniac. That is totally cool. It just seizes to be totally cool when you realize that none of Driveclub's A.I. driven cars got the memo. Apparently they all got drafted from the ranks of Motorstorm's roster of lunatics.

Oh, and fuck those random-ass drifting mechanics.

Wow, this game just can't get enough praise for its graphics !

The VideoGamer.com guys were raving about sound in their latest podcast. Reviewers and podcasters often don't pay attention to sound in games (unless it's bad) but they've noticed even the nuances of the sound of the windscreen wipers sound changes depending on the car, speed, amount of rain etc.

sounds are among the best in a racing game but still far from the real thing, still missing a lot of the subtilities, exhaust rumbles, backfire, downshifts etc...

315/315 stars collected!

Now I will wait few months/half a year for few SP packs to come out and then I will probably get a season pass.

It's mentioned in the description and also confirmed in the comments that AI will be improved in coming update.

Can't beat you anymore Globalisateur!

I improved my time by two tenth...but you also improved your time...only in theory I could beat you (when summing up my best sector times)...but I can't get it on track :(

16.591 seems to be my limit.

I did exactly four laps on this and am only 6 seconds behind the pace ... Lol

Back