Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

So to sum it up we have:
PS4: orangpelupa, RengadeRocks, JPT, -tkf-?, Strange?, Graham? myself (psn: tranner)
XB1: Rangers, NRP, shredenvain, iroboto, Nisaaru

I know I'm missing a few, but I have no idea what they play on. Apologies if I've missed you. Would be nice if we had a list in the OP of all the B3D members that play. Only orangpelupa, RR and JPT are on my friends list.

I play on PS4 (psn: Xalion). I tend to raid with a pretty set group - but am willing to help out if people need it.

My XBL ID is the same as my B3D username.

I'm down for doing Nightfalls and strikes with anyone. I'm willing to raid as well, but although I've completed both raids a few times, I'm not exactly the most experienced at leading a raid. I'm more of a support player. Trouble is, when you get a team full of support players but no leaders, you aren't very successful.

Heh, I've had that happen a few times. All three teleports stand and look at the relic...it's like wtf is anybody going to pick this up??? One time I had too as a last resort, I was like asking what the hell to do (even though I had a vague idea) it actually worked out well and I did well with it I was proud of myself.

In general I always defer and am support too. Like sniping boomers instead of sword, not carrying relic, etc. It's a combination of things, but most times other people already jump in to take those roles. I'm really not too confident, and since I dont do those roles there would be a learning curve and I'd probably fail the first few times anyway! So it's kind of a chicken and egg scenario.

But I should hit 32 tonight, so depending on how many 32's are in the wild these days, I'm guessing I suddenly may get asked to do sword duty on Crota a lot, so we'll see how that goes.

Surprising how few 32's I've seen in the game so far, granted I haven't been on much last 4-5 days. Honestly if I had all tools on my disposal such as all three chars from the beginning, I would have hit 32 a long time ago.

Of course it's hard to tell because like me people are probably always leveling raid armor (and then not filling out the green circles). I do that because I want all my armor to be fully leveled when I get the shards. So though I'm a 31 for example right now I usually run around armored as a 30. I even level raid gear I'll probably later dismantle if I get a piece with better stats. Because why not, just in case I dont get anything better? It's smartest to have every drop of experience count towards leveling something. If possible. Otherwise it's essentially wasted.

The people I can see having trouble getting 32 are those with only one character (do such people exist??). In that case, there's no real way around it'll take you a while to build up enough shards. Heck, if I still had two I wouldn't have hit 32 until next weeks raids most likely, and that's with two. Of course if I had persued Crotas Bane rank four I could have had it sooner with only two.

If I had persued Crotas Bane and/or run all three chars from the start, I would have had it at least 2-3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
I don't see a lot of 32s while patrolling or doing strikes (which I don't really do very often anymore), but I think like 17 people on my friends list are 32 (out of around 60-70 people that play Destiny).
5/13 people in my clan are including me. 2-3 people in my clan don't really play anymore, so pretty much half of my clan.
I was like the 5th or 6th person to hit 32 on my friends list (which I accomplished last week).

I just need like 4 shards to level my second Warlock to 32. Then I can start working on my Titan.

Last edited:
The item directly.

Really pleased with mine, but I can see how that could easily go either way.

I wonder if they look at your inventory to make sure you dont already have the gift (since it's a package you have to click on)?

Had the first "epic" event last night without even trying.
First a Vex Sacrifices Event at the Citadel failed even with 5 guys there. Really frustrating as I wanted to complete my PE for the Warlock. So I just left to complete my bounties to the Ishtar Cliffs and ran into another Vex Sacrifice. Had an Up To Anything/331, maybe 60% enabled Void Final Rest II/ 30% Void One Way Ticket equipped.
Just with one other guy we managed that event with gold. It felt completely unreal to me.

Yeah that PE the few times I've played it does seem pretty difficult usually. The problem is only one sacrifice out of ten gets by and it's no longer gold star.

It seems to me like the same PE can vary in difficulty. I've had a "defend the warsat" one where it seemed wave after wave of super difficult enemies came. Seemed like at least 5-6 waves or more, meaning it's hard to complete in time. Other times it seems like 3 short waves of easy enemies. Things like that. Maybe I'm just imagining things as I haven't seen this discussed anywhere. And weirdly it seems like the more difficult ones come when you are solo, reverse of what you'd think.

Pulse rifles are utterly pointless! How Bungie can allow this to continue, one weapon class being useless, I dont get. Isn't that why they nerfed AR and buffed scout?

If you think about it I'm not sure how to keep 4 classes of primary all equally viable though. Pulse I'm not sure what it's strength is supposed to be, it's kind of duplication of strengths with AR.

I've had a "defend the warsat" one where it seemed wave after wave of super difficult enemies came. Seemed like at least 5-6 waves or more, meaning it's hard to complete in time. Other times it seems like 3 short waves of easy enemies.

dont kill the too fast. you will get more enemies :(

1st wave, kill all but one enemy. Just do hide and seek. He will eventually despawn and release 2nd wave. do the thing again.

Hmm dunno about that...sometimes it seems you blitz through all waves super fast and it's over in one minute...

Ran my 3 raids tonight, kinda PO'd because, I ended up THREE shards short of whats needed for 32...but I also have a full 2nd set of raid gear (but I wanted to keep it for my 2nd character).

So it basically means I have to shard 2 of the 4 pieces of that set to make it :(

I also got the raid helmet for the first time tonight, and would like to keep it, inverse shadow is nice...and it looks badass...

But it's probably one of the ones I should shard since I already have two exotic helmets :(

Drat! One more stinkin shard I would have only had to shard one piece. 3 stinking more across 3 raids and I would have been able to keep it all.

This just shows again how stupid it is to make radiant shards raid only.

And I got 21 energy and only 12 shards on my raids. After getting mostly energy throughout all my raids. I think there's no doubt the raid is just super biased towards energy, I dont think it's 50-50.

Part of me thinks I should just wait, whats the benefit of being 32 except for the raid anyway? However, it's going to take so long to get up enough shards to hit 32 on my 2nd character anyway, none of it probably matters.

I think I'll keep the helm, and my 2nd all intellect chest piece.

One oddity tonight was I got Gjallahorn from that first CE chest. That one doles out some really nice exotics. The other weird thing is I got Gjallahorn the first time pretty early on, but then have not received a 2nd all this time. Heck I guess for that matter Ice Breaker I have never received except for buying it.

DJskribbles showoff style

Mr7FAj1.png

I just screenshotted bungie.net since XB1 doesn't have screenshot feature. And that makes my Guardian look super colorless and ugly. But ahh well.

He actually looks pretty cool on the game menu, the Crotas End gear looks pretty nice. And the CE helmet looks more badass than my Symbiote but I'm not wearing it here.

Glad I dont have to wear stupid looking Knucklehead Radar anymore.

Also cleaned house and sharded a lot of uneeded old gear. Felt great. Even sharded Praedyth's Revenge. Why not? I have a new 331 cap void sniper, and it's not like you can upgrade old legendaries. Almost sharded Pratorian Foil and Preadyth's Timepiece too, but for whatever dumb reason kept them for now. Someone said in the raid tonight Foil is the rarest gun in the game. Doubt that's true but I hung on to those two for now for "rarity", not that it matters. I have tons and tons of 331 solar fusions and I have Fatebringer for an arc primary so I certainly dont need them. Anyways bring on hard raid.

Last edited:
@NRP
it makes the auto-refill ammo perk dont work in Hive enemies. So you cant shoot endless-ly.

Ehh, the white nail perk is so hard to use, you even have to make sure you have a full 3 mag so you dont have to reload in the middle. I think on balance Hive Disrupter is better. I dont know how much more damage it's doing but it seems to tear through Hive pretty good. White nail will still work for sepiks and all those. Besides, you will get this gun so many times in Crota's End, have one with hive disrupter and one without for that matter.

Yeah that PE the few times I've played it does seem pretty difficult usually. The problem is only one sacrifice out of ten gets by and it's no longer gold star.

It seems to me like the same PE can vary in difficulty. I've had a "defend the warsat" one where it seemed wave after wave of super difficult enemies came. Seemed like at least 5-6 waves or more, meaning it's hard to complete in time. Other times it seems like 3 short waves of easy enemies. Things like that. Maybe I'm just imagining things as I haven't seen this discussed anywhere. And weirdly it seems like the more difficult ones come when you are solo, reverse of what you'd think.

The defend the warsat multiple waves depend where it happens and timing/length. They can get nasty on Skywatch, Moon/mostly Hellmouth with both fractions and Mars.
The Vex Sacrifice was the same like at the Citadel...the early Goblin waves, Hobgoblin/Harpies, Minotaurs and the 3 Hydra waves at the end. The funny thing was that I thought I still had Gjallarhorn equipped but afterwards I noticed it was just One Ticket. Was really effective.

Pulse rifles are utterly pointless! How Bungie can allow this to continue, one weapon class being useless, I dont get. Isn't that why they nerfed AR and buffed scout?

If you think about it I'm not sure how to keep 4 classes of primary all equally viable though. Pulse I'm not sure what it's strength is supposed to be, it's kind of duplication of strengths with AR.

I have a Fair and Square. High impact PR which is a quality weapon. A hit to the head and they are done in normal PVE which isn't the case with these low impact crap PRs. Got a Three Little Words yesterday which looks to be in the high impact class but had no time to check it out. PR due to their shot timing needs to be effective with head shots. If they aren't and worse don't even have enough ammo they are just awful.
They had some perk that they could shoot through Hive Knight shields but Bungie removed that a short time after the DLC afair.

@Rangers
not all people as lucky as you >_<

white nail is actually easy to use due to the heavy "auto aim" in Black Hammer. Just flick the analogue stick, bam. Its hard if you actually try to aim properly.

Yeah I'm so lucky all I get is energy :LOL:

There's only 4 raid weapons (Light of the Abyss, Song of Ir Yut, Black Hammer, Hunger of Crota). Or one of each non-primary type....raid much at all and you're going to get them over and over. I've already gotten each one 2-3 times. I just dismantle em now. I probably wont level up more than 1 of each...

I wonder if all our legendaries will be useless again with Mark of Wolves, the new ones will go to 360 or so?

Personally I dont really mind.

And with Wolves we will have six months to the next expansion not three if rumors are correct, so, more time those guns will be the top.

Yeah, those Vex PEs are really tough, much tougher than any other PE in my experience.

My legendary gift was a Time on Target pulse rifle. It seems wholly underwhelming, except for the fact it has a field scout perk. So I'm not sure if I should level it. I generally hate pulse rifles. What's ironic is that about an hour later, I got another Time on Target from increasing my Vanguard level. This one doesn't have field scout, but it does have a full auto perk. It might actually be a decent weapon in full auto, except for the shallow clip.

I guess it was too much to hope for an Ice Breaker. I'm starting to think Bungie will never put IB on sale again. They probably know they screwed up and made the perfect PvE weapon and they can't Nerf it due to everyone loving it, so they are just going to keep it out of of peoples' hands (unless blessed by RNGeezus). Fuckers.

Edit:
Regarding the white nail perk, in my experience the difficulty comes when enemies are shooting you, because that makes the BH reticule jump all over the place causing you to miss a crit and screwing up your sequence. I always count out my shots (one, two, three) just to make sure I complete my 3 shot sequence and get the mag bonus perk.

Last edited:
Back