• PS4: >18 million

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • XB1: >18 million

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Wii U: >18 million

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters
I'd have bought the Bone for $299.

Haven't seen it anywhere for that. I know I'll get one eventually, but it does kind of suck to pay lots of money for something with a shit CPU, especially if it doesn't have Kinect/motion gaming.

Here's hoping they drop the price!

If you're into AC you can basically get a Xbox One for $299 when you buy the Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Unity Bundle for $399 with 2 AC games.

47bc9469-99b6-4f09-a3ed-cbce51265939.jpg

Lowball figures

PS4: 16 million

XB1: 8 million

Wii U: 8.5 million

Midball estimate

PS4: 17.5 million

XB1: 9 million

Wii U: 9. 5 million

Optimisitic highball estimate

PS4: 21 million

XB1: 10.5 million

WiiU: 11.5 million

If you're into AC you can basically get a Xbox One for $299 when you buy the Xbox One Assassin’s Creed Unity Bundle for $399 with 2 AC games.

47bc9469-99b6-4f09-a3ed-cbce51265939.jpg

I'm not sure that's how that works.When I buy the XB1 AC bundle I'm still spending $399. It just happens to have two games packed in for free, but I still spent $399. When I'm able to buy an XB1 for $299 then that's the price I'll be paying regardless of pack-in content or lack thereof.

I'm not sure that's how that works.When I buy the XB1 AC bundle I'm still spending $399. It just happens to have two games packed in for free, but I still spent $399. When I'm able to buy an XB1 for $299 then that's the price I'll be paying regardless of pack-in content or lack thereof.

Exactly.

The average consumer isn’t going to be debating over content value vs. actual item cost. A product cost is still the number one deciding factor when it comes to consumer purchases - regardless of perceived value.

I said if you're into AC, meaning that you was going to buy the games anyway.

XB1 large price cut (maybe $299 base) will have a good impact in USA : 10 million
PS4 continued momentum, LBP3 for xmas, possible $50 price cut : 17 million
WiiU comes out with Super Smash Bros, finally it's here : 1000000 million

Come on Nintendo, MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Loooool...

As much as I'd love to see the latter point made a reality, alas I'm too much of a pragmatist.

I do see the PS4 coming in between 16-18 million by the end of the fiscal year.

I struggle to see the XB1 hitting 10 million however. Pricecuts up until now have shown little impact for them. And with Destiny released, and COD:AW seeing lower pre-order numbers thna its last iteration, I can't see any big sales driver for the XB1 (Note: I see Halo: MCC selling about 5m, but mostly to the existing userbase. It's not a system seller that a full-fledged numbered sequeal would have been).

I'd love to know the reasoning of the two guys so far who've predicted >18 million Wii U's sold. ;)
I was consciously manufacturing false hope, setting up for a bitter broken dream later on. :oops:

Sorry, I saw this option in the list and I couldn't control myself.

good for the ps4. I think the xbox one will be close to 14m ww
Last we heard they were approaching 10M shipped for the end of the year. It's unlikely they have sold through more than that as of December 31st. I'd guess they are around 9-9.5M sold. No where near 14M.

Xbone One sold through number is probably less than 10 millions maybe only 9 to 9,5 millions. If they sold 1.5 millions Xbox one in US in December they will be 6,5 millions in US and they are probably in best case at 1.5 millions in UK.

They probably sold less in all other PAL territory combined than in UK....

Each time we have sold through number of European country it is 3 to 1 or more than this...

Last edited:
I don't think MS is going to be mentioning any XB1 worldwide numbers anytime soon... maybe the XBOX family PR stuff (December NPD), but nothing that's going to reflect negatively as the "runner-up system".

Truth be told, I'm more interested in XB1 software sales (attachment ratio), more so than it's system worldwide standing.

18% got PS4 right. All the other pessimists must bow to their excellence insight/youthful optimism.

Have we any idea on Wii U? No-one was paying attention, of course, but it didn't set Amazon alight IIRC.

I would say that depends. If most people who buy consoles buy also at least one game to play on, the consumer will see this as a value. They know they have something to play at $399 but not with a stndalone console costing $399

Back