http://a.pomf.se/tsmxsd.webm
http://a.pomf.se/zqhgtp.webm
http://a.pomf.se/ovuegw.webm
http://a.pomf.se/gmreui.webm
http://a.pomf.se/kmmngp.webm

Dogs are now wearing Skullface model :D

edit - OK, this is pretty great

Last edited:
Dark Souls games.... the same ones that launched on PC with 720p30 lock and fans had to create their own fixes to enable "normal" rendering?

somebody from Xentax dumped some strings and theres this

SetEnableE3Boost

O_O
maybe they did have those awesome water effect stowed away? waiting to be enabled...

Can you list some of the more recent games that have shadow casting flashlights? I can only count a few on my hand.

Metro
Thief (torches)
Alien:Isolation
Games with almost perfect shadow casting:
Metro 2033 and STALKER have shadows from all sources of light, flashlights, explosions, and weapons muzzle flashes. However Metro Last Light removed weapon muzzle flashes.

Games with flashlight shadows only:
Crysis (1&2&3), Battlefield (3&4), Dead Space (1&2), Half Life (1&2&Ep1&Ep2), COD:AW, Dead Rising 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition (torches only), Ryse (torches only), Hitman Absolution, Mass Effect 3, Medal Of Honor : Warfighter, Resident Evil 6, The Evil Within, Watch_Dogs.

Games with flashlights and muzzle flashes shadows:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Left 4 Dead (1&2)
Killzone:SF

Games with car headlights shadows:
GTA 4 (PC version Only), NFS Rivals, NFS Most Wanted, Watch_Dogs (modded PC version only) and I think infamous:SS ?

Games with particle shadows (from smoke):
Battlefield 3 (rocket tail smoke only)

Battlefield 4
COD: AW
Assassin's Creed 4 (PC version only)

Tomb Raider DE
Maybe a few more.
Are you sure Tomb Raider has flashlight/torches shadows? the PC version doesn't have any.

Last edited:
Metro 2033 and STALKER have shadows from all sources of light, flashlights, explosions, and weapons muzzle flashes. However Metro Last Light removed weapon muzzle flashes.

Yep.

Crysis (1&2&3), Battlefield (3&4), Dead Space (1&2), Half Life (1&2&Ep1&Ep2), COD:AW, Dead Rising 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition (torches only), Ryse (torches only), Hitman Absolution, Mass Effect 3, Medal Of Honor : Warfighter, Resident Evil 6, The Evil Within, Watch_Dogs.

I'm not so sure about WD having flashlight shadows. The car lights don't cast shadows and Aiden doesn't have a flashlight himself for me to test. Evil Within, I just started playing as we pleased to see it in that game.

GTA 4 (PC version Only), NFS Rivals, NFS Most Wanted, Watch_Dogs (modded PC version only) and I think infamous:SS ?

Nope.

Last Light doesn't just cuts back on muzzle flash shadows but resorts to using glowing halos instead of actual light sources for a lot of "lights". Killzone 2 also did muzzle flash shadows and flash light shadows, the muzzle flash shadows got removed in Killzone 3 though which was strange since it was one of the iconic visual effects of Killzone 2. Uncharted has shadow casting flashlights (and torches) as well obviously, so does TLoU, Alan Wake, Dead Rising 3...honestly like I said I remember more games (that feature flashlights somewhere) having flashlight shadows than I remember games that didn't have them. (Halo for example never had them).

Even Silent Hill Origins and Shattered memories on PSP had flashlight shadows :p

Last edited:
The point I'm making though is that there are more games that don't have it than do. More importantly, all lights should cast shadows on all objects at ALL times. Something only 1 developer of games (Metro) seems to get right while all others make shortcuts.

Games with flashlights and muzzle flashes shadows:
Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Left 4 Dead (1&2)
Killzone:SF

Games with particle shadows (from smoke):
Battlefield 4
COD: AW
Assassin's Creed 4 (PC version only)

Are you sure Tomb Raider has flashlight/torches shadows? the PC version doesn't have any.

Crysis 1 has muzzleflash shadows if you set the cvar "i_lighteffectshadows 3".

I'm not so sure about WD having flashlight shadows. The car lights don't cast shadows and Aiden doesn't have a flashlight himself for me to test. Evil Within, I just started playing as we pleased to see it in that game.
I remember seeing a couple of cut scenes where flashlight shadow was active in Watch_Dogs. Also car headlights can be modded to cast shadow in the PC version.

Good to know. What a shame though :/
Last Light doesn't just cuts back on muzzle flash shadows but resorts to using glowing halos instead of actual light sources for a lot of "lights"
A practice they also did to Metro 2033 Redux, that's why I never liked it and preferred the original 2033.

Killzone 2 also did muzzle flash shadows and flash light shadows,
Yeah, I forgot about it.

Uncharted has shadow casting flashlights (and torches) as well obviously, so does TLoU, Alan Wake,
Don't know how could I drop Alan Wake, it was in my mind all the time.
Crysis 1 has muzzleflash shadows if you set the cvar "i_lighteffectshadows 3".
Shame it was not doable in Crysis 2 or 3, the functionality was stripped away for an unknown reason.

Back