Diablo III - It's official

Got another Ramaladni Gift last night, but nothing to use it on. Really hitting a wall with legendaries that are better than my current stuff.

Made a witch doctress maybe two weeks ago to get the season transmog and achievements before they become unattainable, and it's definitely the easiest class of all I've tried.

My crusader, which is pretty damn rock hard and difficult to kill, has absolutely pathetic damage. On master difficulty he can't kill anything in the way of named mobs in less than a minute even when buffed by 160+ paragon levels, but the WD has basically just been wading through stuff in torment 1 since paragon 30 or so (prior that was too rough), even with the probably rather shitty gear I have. I'm using the leggy hat that buffs pet damage whatsitsname and some other stuff. I basically only have access to what drops for me, since it's season. I'm now paragon 92 in season and T1 is fairly comfortable. I can still die if I meet the wrong attribute unique mobs (like waller/freeze/arcane sentry for example), but it hasn't happened for a while now, especially not since I dropped a highest level health gem into my hat.

Using the bouncing fireball with rune to hit 6 additional targets, that poison breath thing whatsitscalled runed to split to two additional targets, cleaving gargantuan, dotting plague hounds, eel fish pool and splode hounds with stun rune. Really nice setup IMO, it gives great area damage with poison and fire bouncing around all over the place, and if Shit Happens I splode a hound to stun everything around me, letting me run away, out of danger. Coupled with the thing that boosts gold and health pickup by 20 yards, it's fairly hard to die. I have to get stunned first, or 1shot (for example, those stupid meteor-diving-like demons from act 4 can do that, if they're a bosspack.)

I found that hat that makes fetishes shoot poison darts, but I don't like skills with long cooldowns (fetish army in this case.) There's some other item that make fetishes permanent IIRC, but I haven't found it. Yet. Will perhaps try when I do.

The Zunimassa set makes your fetishes permanent. Here's my WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mjolnir-1981/hero/12495577 I've played this toon with Malo a bit and he can testify that the dmg output is insane. My fetish army (15 sycophants + 8 normal fetishes) with Tall Man's Finger, Tasker and Theo, my gem that boosts pet dmg, the passives that boost pet dmg, and the Mask of Jeram means nothing lasts long. I basically run around in circles so my pants can further boost the dmg output.

Reactions: NRP
The Zunimassa set makes your fetishes permanent.
Thanks. I've found like a total of 3 set pieces at level 70, one may be the zuni hat then, since I noticed the permanent fetish thing... Too bad I wear that other hat that boosts pet damage. :p I found that hat first at level 69, and it buffed damage by 100%, and the next one I gambled at 70 had much lower pet buff (below 70% IIRC) so I ended up wearing the first one for quite a while actually. I had to gamble many hats to find one that was noticeably better, my current has 85% pet buff.

I basically run around in circles so my pants can further boost the dmg output.
You don't even stop to shoot?

Sounds incredibly boring tbh. :p

By the way... Legendary follower tokens, what's the droprate on them? 1.000.000:1? I've found ONE so far, on all of my characters. Ludicrous. If I'd known they'd be so hard to get I would have bought a bunch off of the auction house when I had the chance.

Same with potion flasks by the way. Also only found one thus far.

Last edited:
I want those pants for my Barbarian. I currently use the +100% primary skill damage but I'm primarily whirlwinding so it should be a good swap.

W00000t, I finally got my fifth Marauder set piece (together with the RROG, which I've had for a while now.)

HOW did I get the set piece (glove, not that it matters)? Well, it wasn't as a drop from one of the million billion rift runs I did, wearing the phattest topaz there is in the game, no. Instead, I got it by gambling... Ugh.

Three of the five set pieces I gambled. Double ugh!

Oh well. It's mine now, so now I can focus on gathering the knapsack quiver instead. Had two other leggy quivers drop in the past week, none were the correct one of course, so I'll probably have to gamble this fucker as well... Anyway, isn't sentries supposed to fire most any hate spender? That's what it says in the tooltip, but they won't rapid fire for some reason. Also, maybe there just isn't a credible reason to use anything but multishot anyway, it seems to kick serious ass with the OPness of the current set design. Too bad they will be nerfing this mother soon, but that's life, isn't it? ;)

Edit:
Of course, the game drops a second Marauder glove for me, along with another two (incorrect!) quivers, just to rub in how annoying random loot drops really are. :p

On the other hand, I can actually solo T3 rifts now. It's not exactly super fast, but I can do it, and I didn't even die either. Don't effing understand how people can just plow through T6. Do you do it by virtue of massive paragon levels or what? I only just hit 200 this afternoon, and I felt that was a massive time investment, heh...

Last edited:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mjolnir-1981/hero/3300983 Did something a little different with my barb, which I'd felt was somewhat boring to play, and swapped out his primary attack for Whirlwind. It does considerably more dmg, has a larger AoE when used, fuels the bleed gem nicely since he has a good crit %, and I can keep Fury fueled with Leap, Ground Stomp, and Reaper's Wraps.

Just got another Gift tonight, used it on my wizard's Wand of Who to add 10% dmg.

That setup works? You have nothing to increase globe drop to feed the Reaper's. How does the Leap and Ground Stomp generate Fury?

I've run probably a dozen rifts since my last post and never once ran out of Fury. Those two skills are designed to generate, it's listed on their descriptions. And there's plenty of health globes dropping by default.

I just changed it up a bit, replaced Maximus with a Boulder Breaker and my Immortal King belt with a Gold Wrap. I then made changes to other pieces, taking away health +% and Vitality for damage increasers. My default toughness went down from around 11m to 6.5m, which isn't high enough for T3 or higher. But once that first group of mobs dies, Boon of the Hoarder guarantees gold showers and that toughness stays pegged between 200m-500m. The only real flaw is this setup sucks for Greater Rifts since mobs don't drop gold in them. But I'll just use my other toons for the GRs instead of spending crafting resources switching this barb back and forth.

Oh yes so they do. Haven't been in D3 for awhile lol, been trying to get through some other games. Once I've finished off MMX and Alien I think I'll get back into it.

There's something very satisfying about being able to stand in the middle of criss-crossing sentry beams with dead mobs exploding and watching your health orb remain completely unaffected by it all.

Ran Grifts for the first time almost ever a couple days ago just before the patch hit, scrambling to get the most out of my OP Marauder set for the DH. :p I'd done the odd one now and then in a random public game, but nothing serious. I had only a handful of gems, and the one I'd upgraded the most was the gold fountain one, to try and keep up with gem combining (which never actually worked...ugh lol!)

I noticed I could just about do a level 21 Grift with the gear I had; 200-odd paragon levels and Lyndon helping out a little, equipped with a Hellrack and the scoundrel token that unlocks all skills. It was a bit slow, rather dangerous, and anything bad catching me would wipe me out pretty much instantly. Of course, I could have taken out the topaz in the helm and put in a health stone, swapped my running speed points for stamina and swapped area damage for life leech in the paragon menu, but that didn't seem completely necessary. My aim wasn't to squeeze the most Grifts out of my character as possible, but rather to get as many gem upgrade attempts as possible. For that aim, I ran a bunch of qualifying runs where I just ignored the mobs as soon as I hit level 18, as I could run such a Grift fairly quickly and easily.

No idea which leggy gems are considered the best for DH, but I selected the bleed damage gem, the attack speed bonus gem and the primary skill damage buff gem, with the intent to maybe switch out the attack speed gem later for the staggered damage gem instead, as that gem was really nice for my season witch doctor. Also unsure what attributes exactly to enchant into a socket on my jewelry, I just picked the one I thought was the least important of what I had available on the rings (most, if not all the time that turned out to be crit, rather than health, resist all or straight damage attributes.)

With the legendary gems I've picked all leveled up fairly well (primary skill gem to 25, for health regen), attack speed to 21 IIRC and bleed to 18 or so, and some changes to skills and gear after the patch, including an ancient Natalya's hand xbow that I lucked out on that had 3300+ DPS and a socket on it, I find I can (mostly) blow up level 25 Grifts if I'm careful. I kind of need the marauder pets to tank for me though, or else elite packs would destroy me, haha.

Since sentries were nerfed, I dropped rapid fire even though I just love that ability. Sentries just plain refuse to rapid fire, I don't understand why. Instead, I picked up cluster arrow, with the triple rocket rune. My hat has physical damage buff, or else I might have gone with the 5 rocket + health regen rune instead (this one arguably is superior, but it is cold damage type, ugh...) So my loadout is multishot for AoE, cluster rockets for single target DPS, vault + rattling roll, wolf companion (plus all the rest of them as well of course... ;)), rocket sentries and backflip+200% damage rune for hate regen. Passive skills are triple sentries, health regen when stationary, rocket buff and hate refill from health orbs.

This works really, REALLY well for me . It's fun as hell, although rockets are ludicrously costly and don't seem to give nearly as good damage/hate ratio as multishot. They're just plain FUN though, having four clusters of rockets hit a pack of mobs simultaneously and seeing them all go flying through the air is so satisfying... Too bad though multishot is simply so fucking good. I really could just use it all the time and re-gear to give bonus damage to it, and that's a bit stupid I think. It hits the entire screen simultaneously together with the three sentries, it's a completely no-skill ability, lol. :p

F**k, I have to post this, because the editor window is getting incredibly laggy when composing a long post. Really quite ridiculous, blagh! (IE11, dunno if that matters.)

Anyhow: solo Grift - this I can do pretty well now. T6 with randoms even if I re-spec for survivability - not so much really lol! Most T6 players seem to have 400+ paragons, and that must make a difference because I die quite a bit and they don't. :D When there's 2, 3, sometimes 4 boss packs running around on screen and throwing out AoE on the ground ALL OVER THE PLACE things get very problematic for my poor little DH, ehhmm lol...! The experience rolled in like crazy though. I gained like seven or so paragons in the two or three rifts I ran before tiring of always being way behind everyone else (and frequently also dead lol.)

T4 reguar rifts - no problem. I OWN those mobs, unless I hit some unlucky roll of a random pack like waller/frozen/arcane sentry and get trapped. Then I (probably) die. But it doesn't matter because it isn't hardcore, so I come back to life and uckfing blow the crap out of those elites in retaliation. If I had that health gem in my hat this would maybe be different, but I like the amount of drops I get from endbosses this way, and I can still complete the rift, so I'll stick with the topaz I think. :)

Had a couple ancient drops so far, but only the Natalya's was really any damn good. I think I switched out one other piece of gear for an ancient. Even with loot 2.0, random loot is still so bloody random. :p Still, I really like this patch. The mob distribution is much better now, although still a bit on the low side at times. Not almost completely deserted as it could so frequently be before though, not sure what's so bloody hard to make sure there's always something to kill! That said, not sure I really have much to complain about. Marauder's is weaker overall, but it was so braindead good before maybe that's for the best. It's still awesome though, which is all that really matters, heh.

TL: DR? Lol, talk to me gusy! You enjoying the patch?

Last edited:
Just read the patch notes, some interesting changes. Can't say I'm grumbling about anything, looks like positive changes overall (I guess unless you're a lazy Marauder DH..... was ridiculous anyway, sorry @Grall)

"Lazy marauder DH", lol! Is that what they call it? :D Seriously, there was nothing lazy whatsoever about assembling the Marauder set! It took a huge amount of time.

I actually rather like the new marauder, because it shoots hatred spenders simultaneously when you do, instead of fairly slowly every now and then like it was before. You feel like you get more "punch", when you have all that hatred fireworks going off all at once from four different directions.

Is anyone any good with Crusader? I can only barely get mine to fight her way out of a wet paper bag, I'm afraid! I did craft the leggy crusy shield for her, it lowers cost on shield bash quite a bit plus additional lower resource on everything, and Scourge dropped earlier today on another char, it also has lower resource cost on everything, but even so she does terribly. It takes five hits with resource generator to kill a friggin skeleton, that's ludicrous, and it takes MANY hits to fill up the globe to full.

With the new shield and sword I can get a fair amount of hits before running out, but damn, it's still hella slow going. I don't die, that's not an issue, but I'm not doing very well either. If I could get RRoG on this guy as well I can activate some 3/4-piece set bonuses, including Ashaera's, so that would be cool. Not sure if that set's really worth a damn though, but it would be fun to try out. Demon and Aughild or what they're called crafting sets are complete shit it seems. I wore them, DPS is pathetic. Paperdoll showed like 300k or so.

"Should" I even wear a shield? Or is that the way you properly play crusader? 1-hander? 2-hander? I tried the hallowed or whatever it's called, the crafted set with the axe and shield. I swing fast, but hit very softly. It's really slow going, and I run out of resource ALL the time.

The Zunimassa set makes your fetishes permanent. Here's my WD: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mjolnir-1981/hero/12495577 I've played this toon with Malo a bit and he can testify that the dmg output is insane. My fetish army (15 sycophants + 8 normal fetishes) with Tall Man's Finger, Tasker and Theo, my gem that boosts pet dmg, the passives that boost pet dmg, and the Mask of Jeram means nothing lasts long. I basically run around in circles so my pants can further boost the dmg output.

Cool! I found my first Zunimassa set piece (the Mojo)...I also have a WD fetish army built and want the full set so badly. I need to check out your built.
Can your summarise your battle strategy a bit with your WD built?

Edit: you really have some nice gear!! Interesting built...need to check it out. Your pet damage increase from this mask is crazy!

Last edited:
My battle strategy is thus: run in circles while my pets kill. Occasional piranha tidal wave thrown at mobs for fun and an increased sense of participation. Drop totem during rift boss or multiple elite group fights while giggling like school girl.

Back