Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Before, you could get shards in public events, daily missions, etc. You felt involved and progressing throughout the week. It would have been nice if they even gave you one shard/radiant mat per first daily PE, or something...

Play a few PEs and you surely get shards. My experience is that I get more Energy vs Ascendent Shards on Mars and I have a higher chance the more impact I had on the PE. Maybe it also depends on the fewer people are involved in a PE especially with Killing Targets.

Like you guys, I don't like that Radiant materials are only available through the raid. I wish they were also available through the CE-specific weekly and daily strikes.

Anyway, my shitty luck with weapon drops continues. Basically, if Xur doesn't sell it, I won't get it. Some guys I raided with yesterday told me to create multiple characters because the Nightfall is the best bet for exotic weapon drops. Do you guys think that's true? I've currently got a maxed out Warlock and Titan, and a lvl 2 Hunter. Should I delete the hunter and create another Warlock and Titan, or just level up the Hunter (I have a ton of exotic and legendary gear due to random drops)? To be clear, I only wish to increase my chances to get better weapons, I don't really care about the quickest rush to lvl 32.

I've been running three characters for the last month or so and I get an exotic weapon about 50% of the time. This week got Suros Regime, legendary auto rifle, and a legendary engram. I've had bad luck overall. I keep getting dupes on everything. I've also been getting the first CE raid chest with all three characters and have gotten one exotic out of three chests each week. Plan C, No Land Beyond and another Suros. Haven't actually ran either raid yet.

Well goddamn. It looks like you can no longer create multiples of the same class. Only one of each now.

Was it always that way? I thought you could have multiples of each class (e.g. 2 Warlocks, 3 Titans, 2 Hunters, etc).

Last edited:
I haven't seen anything about not being able to create duplicates of the same class on reddit or the forums, and I would think that anything like this would create a huge upheaval. Do you have any sources?

Why did bungie make a lil pumpkin head for halloween but absolutely nothing festive for Christmas or even new years? come on...

I'm shocked. It's not like destiny to have artificial limitations placed on progress.

Well too be fair, they dont have to allow you to even share gear between characters. I was kind of surprised at that loophole at first.

Also apparently this is common to MMO's. I was mentioning something like the weekly marks cap to my brother and he said WOW does the same type of weekly caps.

I'm not sure why Bungie/mmo makers care, except maybe to give people who dont have as much time to play a chance to sort of keep up?

So sexy lookin :D

Rff8qtv.jpg

:cries:

I am lagging to 32...

Besides only two chars, besides no crotas bane rank 4, the problem is my drops have been really skewed to energy. If the ratio was simply reversed I'd be close to 32 now. As it is it could be 2-3 more weeks, or worse really. Ignoring hard raid because I have no idea how that fits in the timeline (dont know if I could run it as a 31, if I could, then it should accelerate things, also dont know the release date)

This week so far (1 complete raid and the solo chest 2X) I've got 10 energy and 4 shards off the raid. Awful. 4 shards! The 2nd solo chest yesterday gave me of course 2 energy.

So far it looks like I've received 43 energy and 26 shards as drops and from chests. I guess not as bad a ratio as I thought. But still, reverse it and I'm a good deal closer to 32 with no other changes.
Here's hoping the remaining raid this week gifts me all shards.

Last edited:
You did have 3 characters right? Did you actually delete one? You don't have to manage him... just use him to run the raid and get radiant materials and raid weapons like I am.

I've been pretty lucky as my drops have been a bit skewed towards shards. I've got over 80 radiant shards and close to 50 energies. I think I traded like 2 energies for shards. At the moment, I have 2 radiant shards and 28 energy. That's after fully leveling up my Hunger of Crota and all of my raid gear on my main Warlock. I haven't used any radiant shards/energies on my other guys yet.

Last edited:
yeah, i had 3 but deleted one.

I've been mulling over making a 3rd basically since I realized 32 would take a bit in Dark Below. But haven't yet.

If I just make another hunter that slog to 20 is so boring...but I would probably try to bite it off a couple hours per day.

Of course then I see the issue that with hard mode raid coming, I'll start questioning if the 3rd char will be ready only a week or two before I'd make 32 anyway, making him kinda pointless. This conundrum gets worse with every passing day.

I've also been thinking about rolling a Warlock, that would be a lot more fun and it wouldn't feel like as much of a grind to 20, but maybe remove some of the 3rd char benefits (mainly I want him as a shard mule anyway). Also it would remove the hassle of switching off armor between chars entirely which is a nice side benefit.

I think I already have 4 pieces of 33 light armor for the Warlock as is. I keep the good stuff for wrong class that I get.

I haven't seen anything about not being able to create duplicates of the same class on reddit or the forums, and I would think that anything like this would create a huge upheaval. Do you have any sources?
I just tried to make a 2nd Titan and I couldn't. Once you have three characters, that's it - you can't make any more.

I guess the only way you can farm armor is to create 3 of the same (e.g. 3 Warlocks or 3 Titans, etc).

Edit:
I think I wasn't clear in my earlier post. You can make multiples of the same class, but you can only have 3 characters total. Was the 3 character limit always there?

Last edited:
@Rangers, why did you delete him? Were you planning on making a multiple of the same class?
I neglected my Titan for weeks, but now he's useful, as I can use him to collect radiant materials and weapons in the raid.
I was very tempted to delete him and make a third warlock, but I already have full 36 gear on both characters, and even my Titan is a pair of gauntlets away.

@NRP, there has always been a 3 character limit.

but do you really need 32?

im on 31, i was feeling that i need shards and i must get to lvl 32. But then a few days ago when Raid reset, i raided. Its already easy and quick. Crota's End is much quicker and easier to finish than VoG. Especially the last part when we kill Crota. only need max around 4 swords, its like only 10-15 minutes?

in PvP the level also have no effect right?

Is there nothing planned for new year ? Maybe XUR can throw a free exotic my way !

And U so want the Warlock Helm from Crota, but the bugger dropped the Song of It Yut Heavy machine gun.

@Rangers, why did you delete him? Were you planning on making a multiple of the same class?
I neglected my Titan for weeks, but now he's useful, as I can use him to collect radiant materials and weapons in the raid.
I was very tempted to delete him and make a third warlock, but I already have full 36 gear on both characters, and even my Titan is a pair of gauntlets away.

I was just tired of managing 3, remember? It worked, I feel a lot more at ease playing just 2. I've only ever had Hunters so yeah, up til now they're always same class.

but do you really need 32?

im on 31, i was feeling that i need shards and i must get to lvl 32. But then a few days ago when Raid reset, i raided. Its already easy and quick. Crota's End is much quicker and easier to finish than VoG. Especially the last part when we kill Crota. only need max around 4 swords, its like only 10-15 minutes?

in PvP the level also have no effect right?

32 is for bragging rights (I always like to be among the first roaming around the game of whatever level). And also just because it's the max, and finally, I imagine the hard mode will nearly demand 32. So I want to be ready to go for that. Also, there are 32 enemies in Crota' raid. Being 32 would make them easier to kill. As of now at 31 I pound on 32 knights to little effect.

Although I guess once I'm 32 there wont be too much reason to do hard mode except for raid primaries...and getting guy two to 32 I suppose.

Mixed bag in this weeks 2nd raid, ended up at 7 energy 5 shards for the raid...but got the chest armor so now I officially have all pieces for 32. Combined with the 1st raid, 6 energy 4 shards, and the redundant gauntlets, basically gained 11 shards this week. Grand total with everything (including yet to be dismantled raid gear) is 37 shards. I figure with a little luck (averaging 13 shards per week including redundant gear) I will hit 32 in two weeks.

One nice thing about this raid chest piece I got is I dont know if it's normal for CE hunter chests, but it's straight intellect. I also have a straight intellect gauntlets I think, So it will be easy to do a high intellect build. Symbiote is straight discipline.

And once again we hit that dead boring period of the week where no more progress toward 32 is possible...

Last edited:
@Rangers, I get that you don't want to use 3 characters anymore, but you don't have to delete him. Having a third character is an easy way to get another 2+ radiant materials a week at least. If he's level 30, you can even run the whole raid again. You don't have to do bounties or nightfalls with him.

In regards to hitting level 32, it's a little bit of bragging rights; but it's more that I'm prepared for the hard raid. As Rangers said, I'm guessing that it will be extremely hard for level 31s.
Also, as someone who usually does sniper duty, being able to 1 shot the boomers/knights with icebreaker as a level 32 is nice. :)

Last edited:
Back