Dragon Age III: Inquisition. Standard official discussion thread [XO,PS4,PS3,X360]

Yeah, IIRC, there was quite a bit of discussion on the bioware forums and perhaps other panels that basically said that official modding support would be highly unlikely.

Aw crap, I guess I'll just keep playing then.
BTW, here's a picture of the voice acress who plays Cassandra:
l5NSjth.jpg

So the voice actress looks nice (unlike Cassandra). It had occurred to me that they could have shaped Cassandra's face to be a better fit for the voice actress.
But no: they really went out of their way to create a worse-looking face for Cassandra.

Aw crap, I guess I'll just keep playing then.
BTW, here's a picture of the voice acress who plays Cassandra:
l5NSjth.jpg

So the voice actress looks nice (unlike Cassandra). It had occurred to me that they could have shaped Cassandra's face to be a better fit for the voice actress.
But no: they really went out of their way to create a worse-looking face for Cassandra.
lol I have a hard time believing this VA is Cassandra's voice. I would expect her to higher pitched than what we get in game.

guys, how do you FIGHT Grand Duchess?

i haphazardly google around and found nothing. ALL walkthrought say that you will fight Grand Duchess after entering the ballroom and choosing any dialogue option. But the walktrhoughts only mention 3 dialogue while i have FOUR. Because i did not read walktrhough beforehand, i choose the 4th option (after announcing to public she is the assassin, inquisitor kill her in public with a knife).

does this what makes me skipped Grand Duchess fight?

The game should only have this 3 options
Talk to Florianne
Wait for Florianne to attack
Detain the duchess

but i also have the 4th option
kill her now

2 - Romanceable companions for straight characters are ugly. Companions for homossexual characters are beautiful.

If Cassandra is a poor and only option for straight males, Blackwall is.. a 60+ year-old bearded geezer as the only romanceable companion for straight females. Solas is also an option only if you're a female elf, but Bioware said this romance was a last-minute add-in with little depth, and Iron Bull is.. well, a different species with a small head, big horns and ape-like proportions (there's no bissexual female companion, though).

You are forgetting Josephine. Because of her it actually balanced out (ignoring Solas).

And for what it is worth, I didn't get your impression of Dorian being a 'parents hate me' cliche (?) I don't recall any conversation related to his parents other than him not wanting to take his fathers place (or something similar?). But maybe I didn't get all the conversation options. But I do agree that both Dorian and Sera are especially well written.

Dorian and especially Sera are fairly fugly if you ask me. None of the characters are especially attractive. Except the inquisitor that is. :mrgreen: :runaway:

You are forgetting Josephine. Because of her it actually balanced out (ignoring Solas).

And for what it is worth, I didn't get your impression of Dorian being a 'parents hate me' cliche (?) I don't recall any conversation related to his parents other than him not wanting to take his fathers place (or something similar?). But maybe I didn't get all the conversation options. But I do agree that both Dorian and Sera are especially well written.

Dorian and especially Sera are fairly fugly if you ask me. None of the characters are especially attractive. Except the inquisitor that is. :mrgreen: :runaway:

Joephine isn't a companion, so the interaction with her is very limited. You only get to talk to her when she's sitting on a desk the entire game.
You won't have the other companions commenting your relationship or any additional interacion during the "action" gameplay,

As for Dorian, you'll definitely get there if you do his sidequests.

guys, how do you FIGHT Grand Duchess?

i haphazardly google around and found nothing. ALL walkthrought say that you will fight Grand Duchess after entering the ballroom and choosing any dialogue option. But the walktrhoughts only mention 3 dialogue while i have FOUR. Because i did not read walktrhough beforehand, i choose the 4th option (after announcing to public she is the assassin, inquisitor kill her in public with a knife).

does this what makes me skipped Grand Duchess fight?

The game should only have this 3 options
Talk to Florianne
Wait for Florianne to attack
Detain the duchess

but i also have the 4th option
kill her now
That's awesome. I did not have that
option. Yea I suppose if you kill her right away then yes you would not battle.

I bought this for PS4 as part of the January deals. First Bioware game I actually bought though I got ME3 for free and couldn't get into that. Hopefully I'll like it!

Pro-tip. The 1st few hours of the story and gameplay is a drag. The UI is also ugly but become usable after using it for a while. So dont be easily discouraged.

Finished, 53 hours later. For all the jank and filler, I feel kinda sad now. Bioware do such an amazing job of drawing you into the world, and it's all down to the characters and their personalities, IMO.

With that said, I find out now I completely missed a major character (blackwall I think?). I feel a tad annoyed at this.

Back