60 Frames on Past Consoles.

Pikmin 3 should be a great example of using realistic and anime art styles, even thought its 30fps...

Bests screencaps of Pikmin are on NeoGAF...

zlCfzRH_CmwH65SjUh

zlCfzRE9ojsaMeqH8H

zlCfzRM4taYfJLhPiq

zlCfzRMfKhkJoffktZ

zlCfzRMVlNAsPvVwDq

Also Modern Combat games have an adult comic look...

yY6wh1y8eooe6hQEkakSMJ-Xy9lwcgdNTL5ybQfRJa2ATcgA6fLxNdxMQj7kXuTPU0c=h900

I doubt it would't work on COD... I wish EA makes Bad Company 3 with a comic look... I loved BC's teasers.

It really doesn't. Just watch some gameplay on YouTube. Some objects have baked shaders making them look nice, but a lot is very typical last-gen computer game, very flatly lit by and large. Nintendo have just been clever with shaders on some significant (mostly roundish) objects.

Of course it doesn't looks exactly like it. It simply evokes the look of a Pixar film more successfully than just about any other game I can think of. Besides, what does it matter how the look's being achieved. Nothing wrong with getting shit done by being clever about things.

Because the look breaks much of the time. It looks great in some stills, but it's not at all comparable within the game, like pretty much every game people have ever compared to a Pixar movie. ;)

The reason how something is done matters is the implementation defines the limitations. Clever shaders on static objects look great but can't always be applied to dynamic objects. Ergo, a screenshot may not be representative. Now if the technique used was something very clever and powerful, those screenshots could have been representive of the dynamic gameplay.

I'd have no qualms with someone saying those screenshots above look like a Pixar movie (images 3 and 4 particularly with the nice secondary illumination and styling), but it's hyperbolic to apply that comparison to the whole game.

Back