The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt ! [XO, PS4, NX, PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Knew it in my gut. If that means I'm getting a rpg that's not solely designed to waste as much of my time as possible with menial chores (I refuse to call 'em quests) - like Dragon Age Inquisition did - then it's all good.

The Eurogamer article on the delay.

CD PROJEKT SA said:
Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production.

Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio's history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It's a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologise and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

- The Board of CD PROJEKT SA

Brave move but the right one.

Can't say I'm terribly let down by this. CD Projekt seem like a decent studio that would release a decent game.

Well, at least I'll have time to finish DA: Inquisition until then.

Knew it in my gut. If that means I'm getting a rpg that's not solely designed to waste as much of my time as possible with menial chores (I refuse to call 'em quests) - like Dragon Age Inquisition did - then it's all good.
The longest non-main quest I did in Inquisition so far was one where I had to "guide" a bull to its farm. The bull was far from the farm, walked slowly as hell and its path-finding abilities were horrible.
I guess it's the Dragon Age equivalent of fighting cat-sized mice and crabs in the Elder Scrolls series.

The game really pumps you up after the first ~8 hours, though. It's totally worth it.

Yet another project where developers bite way more then they can chew. Please open world developers, scale down your project. And then cut it down by half and maybe you'll get game out in scheduled release date.

The game really pumps you up after the first ~8 hours, though. It's totally worth it.

I finished it yesterday. When I finished DA:O, I was sad it was over and immediately wanted to start anew. When I finished DA:I, I was relieved. I don't think I have ever played a game that felt quite as mercilessly focus-tested and soulless. Box-ticking - the video game would be an apt description. It's barely even a game. It's a neverending list of progression hooks. I didn't quite hate it, but it was definitely a massive disappointment. Far and away the biggest disappointment of the year.

It's why I'm worried for the new Witcher game. A massive open world is an enticing proposition until you realize it's just stuffed with throwaway junk.

A walking steak has poor path-finding abilities? NO WAY!
Perhaps I should be more specific.
Path finding was so bad that the bull would stop for 10 seconds trying to find its way around a tree or a small rock in the floor.
And there's nothing the player can do about that. The bull simply follows the player. If you're too near it, the bull stops. If you're too far, the bull stops.

I finished it yesterday. When I finished DA:O, I was sad it was over and immediately wanted to start anew. When I finished DA:I, I was relieved. I don't think I have ever played a game that felt quite as mercilessly focus-tested and soulless. Box-ticking - the video game would be an apt description. It's barely even a game. It's a neverending list of progression hooks. I didn't quite hate it, but it was definitely a massive disappointment. Far and away the biggest disappointment of the year.

It's why I'm worried for the new Witcher game. A massive open world is an enticing proposition until you realize it's just stuffed with throwaway junk.

Well I'm having pretty much the opposite opinion of yours. Story is great, interaction with/between characters seems better than ever, even facial expressions seem to be getting better for the later parts of the game. It doesn't seem like a checklist to me, at all.

Yet another project where developers bite way more then they can chew. Please open world developers, scale down your project. And then cut it down by half and maybe you'll get game out in scheduled release date.
Why? So you can satisfy some apparent unquenchable desire to play the game? Surely we can wait another few months for a better title without lopping off features or content.

Yeah pretty much sums up my feelings as ell.

Why? So you can satisfy some apparent unquenchable desire to play the game? Surely we can wait another few months for a better title without lopping off features or content.

It's rarely just few months. It's year(s) of crunch time with several delays. All because of too ambitious goals what can be done with certain workforce and budget. I don't really care about how long the development time is or how many bugs are in final product as long as game desing choices are solid, writing is good and workforce are not abused. And game doesn't go overbudged and company survives to make another game in the future (bugs definately are issue here, even if I don't personally mind 'em). Poor Troika, Looking Glass and Black Isle...

I doubt Troika ever got the amount of pre-orders these guys got, they have a lot better grip on their finances I'm sure.

It's nice to see the difference in gamers' reactions in the years. I remember the absolute outrage when games were delayed on older platforms. Now, after seeing so many high profile games been released in an unfinished state, with obvious repercussions, we seem to be much more lenient with the odd delay here and there.

Last edited:
There was a trailer where media was shown the Xbox one version. Looks like they really nailed that frame rate down. I'm ready to wrap up DAI and then work down witcher 2 finally. Lol

have not finished DA;I but it does feel "soulless". As for Witcher, i played Witcher 1 but did not get hooked. Same with Witcher 2. For some reason the Story did not click with me. But on W3, for some reason i feel positive from watching the gameplay videos.

Back