How fat can you get?

alexsok

Regular
Googling this yielded no results. Is there a biological limit on how much fat one can gain or how thin they can become?

Last edited:
When your heart gives out, you've reached your limit. It's not a set value, certain body types can carry more weight with less risk. I suppose the same is true on the lean side, there is a level of fat your body needs to operate properly, at a certain point you're doing damage, but it's going to vary somewhat by individual.

Alexok got hacked by new poster, who then replies to his own thread? :p

*shrug* Well you tell me!

If you google for largest/fattest person in the world, I'm sure you'll get of results.

You can get fat to the point of not being able to walk by yourself. From, there, does it really matter?

Just having a quick google more than half a ton is possible, the world record is 560kg/1,230lbs but in terms of a limit I have no idea. Interesting question.

Googling this yielded no results. Is there a biological limit on how much fat one can gain or how think they can become?

Ask Gabe... I'm sure he was born weighing less...

Reactions: NRP
Primarchs and Astartes are rather lean actually. Not sure what they have to do with the original topic though... ;)

In Best Korea the maximum seems to be 90kg (Great Leader's weight). And in that country that means you're having a somewhat severe diabetes problem.

I find this thread and the closeness of its author's username to mine disturbing.

Nevertheless:

Jon Brower Minnoch (September 29, 1941 – September 10, 1983) was an American man who, at his peak weight, was the heaviest human being ever recorded, weighing approximately 1,400 lb (635 kg, 100 stone). This figure was only a close estimation because of his extreme size, poor health, and lack of mobility prevented use of a scale.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Brower_Minnoch

Given the amount of variability in human characteristics it's not hard to imagine that someone with a really, really good heart might be able to survive for some time at 800kg or perhaps a bit more. I certainly wouldn't recommend trying it, though.

Just trying to think how Primarchs and Astartes are actually possible. :(
I'm sure the gene therapy includes bone structure enhancements to be able to move the larger frame around. None of them would ever actually be fat though, I'm sure they must weigh a considerable amount.

AFAIK, a problem that is at least comparable to the failing heart is the abundant appearance of skin infections within the foldings of skin/fat.
As the people grow "larger", they have trouble reaching many parts of the body, so they can't wash them properly. This leads to infections in some zones after several months/years deprived of washing, UV rays or whatever kills the bacteria fed by sweat.

So um, yeah.. avoid getting that fat at all costs.

Primarchs and Astartes are rather lean actually. Not sure what they have to do with the original topic though... ;)

I'm sure the gene therapy includes bone structure enhancements to be able to move the larger frame around. None of them would ever actually be fat though, I'm sure they must weigh a considerable amount.
:p

Hush.

Mortarion is a fatty, and you know it! :p

I'm 6'4 and 33 , i hit 350lbs and let me tell you its fucking rough. My knees hurt and so does my back. I am slowly loosing the weight and I"m down to 330 already and I can feel my my joints getting better already.

A couple of years ago i hit 330 and droped down to 270lbs but got a bit depressed ( i'm an emotional eater) so i'm trying to get back down to that weight and ultimately down to 240lbs.

Don't gain weight ...

Good advice! What always helped me is living and working somewhere that encourages cycling - shopping, taking the kids to school, going to work. I have basically been 75kg all my adult life. I remember a friend studying in the US cycling to work and every other car stopped to ask if he needed help and offered him to put the bike in the back of the car. That's both really considerate and symptomatic of it just not being considered a viable option to some. ;)

Overweight is an issue here as everywhere else, but it is estimated that our cycling culture keeps that issue 30% lower than in surrounding areas.

Back