Destiny [PS3,X360,PS4,XO]

Damn, I've only ever beaten the Templar by knocking him off the platform. How long does it take to beat him TWBI (the way Bungie intended)?

Damn, I've only ever beaten the Templar by knocking him off the platform. How long does it take to beat him TWBI (the way Bungie intended)?

On normal it is much much faster to kill him TWBI. Generally takes less than 2 minutes if everyone knows what they are doing and unloads on the first shield break.

On hard it is more complicated. If people stay alive, it takes about the same amount of time. People don't stay alive though....

Generally, people pushed for the 5th chest though. The fight isn't hard either way.

Wow the patch is huge and I'm super excited.

Looks like they buffed almost every exotic, including a bunch I own. Like Super Good Advice. And Vex Myuthoclast, which already seemed like kind of a beast (post-nerf and pre-buff). Awesome.

And I'm just thrilled about the ability to buy resources (though I haven't been able to see prices yet). Currently upgrading 3 weapons and 3 armor for example, just one of my armor I'm currently upgrading already had all circles filled out, but I needed 80 (5 upgrades X16) spinmetal. Just for that one single armor. And I use all resources as soon as I get 16, so it's not like I had any spinmetal or other resource to start.

In contrast I always have 80-100+ shards and energy.

Truth
  • Magazine Size increased to 3 (was 1)

?????? all this time i was using bugged truth? it has 2 mag size lol.

Plan C
  • Weapon Handling speed increased
  • Player Speed increased while Plan C is in hand
Fabulous~! gotta level it up

General
  • In preparation for the Dark Below, Exotic Armor and Weapons no longer require Ascendant Materials to upgrade
  • The final upgrade node of all Exotic Gear will require an Exotic Shard

Hurray! i no longer need Ascendant Energy to upgrade almost every little bit of weapon perks.

@djskribbles
lets raid after the weekly reset? i did not go out of town today. yay :D

btw the fanatics are both in and not in timer. you need to kill some of them for the timer to work. i have tried with a group to just sit around and they never despawn, even after the music ends.

For sure I'll raid... that's all I want to do now. Even the NF etc., doesn't really interest me any more. When you're usually on, it's really late here though, so very few people on my friends list are online. If you have a group, I'll definitely join and invite whoever I can if needed.

Happy that Monte Carlo, MIDA, Plan-C and Truth got buffs. I'm still gonna use the stability upgrade for Pocket Infinity so that's pretty much the same. However I discovered something weird about PI... the charge rate sometimes is incredibly fast, or is it just me?

Super Good Advice also received a stability buff...wish I didn't dismantle it now. I did that bounty 3 times.

It's gonna be interesting/fun to fight the templar the legit way. I'm gonna have to learn the best way to beat him now, because when I did it, no one knew what they were doing and it took forever. This was way back near launch though with mostly 26/27s and a few 28s.

@djskribbles
today ill be able to online all-day :D

btw for legit templar battle, its much less stressfull if we just let him teleport. Although if you want the hidden chest, we can stop it from teleporting rather safe by using bladedancer invisibility perk.

EDIT:
learning from Atheon where bungie only add baby bumpers around the original push-cheese location...
i suspect the templar also only got baby bumper on that cliff. other cliff should still be do-able but will take veeeeery long time (push back then push left or right, then push back again)

EDIT2:
hmm im thinking... cant you simply push templar a bit back, hit the baby bumpers... then we jump back to the upper platform?

that way we can shoot templar from above its shield. no need to blow its shield to damage it.

This morning there are new events when you are patrolling. "The blades of crota are invading" and "the hive is doing a ritual" or something like that (maybe same event).

Then just a big sword wielding knight comes, after you kill him you can pick up the sword, then some acolytes come, nothing else seems to happen. still, crazy and bizarre to see something new in Destiny!

This morning there are new events when you are patrolling. "The blades of crota are invading" and "the hive is doing a ritual" or something like that (maybe same event).

Then just a big sword wielding knight comes, after you kill him you can pick up the sword, then some acolytes come, nothing else seems to happen. still, crazy and bizarre to see something new in Destiny!
On Moon ? Gotta check it out :D

its also happen on earth.

its actually one of many destiny cut content that was shown on vidoc and pre-release marketing videos. Here's hoping they finally will add even more cut content for future free update :D

although some of them is undoubly gone forever (The Crow has been repurposed as Queen Brother, etc)

I like that the Patrol missions now give a resource bonus too, so we don't have to hunt for that as much.

How much do they give you? Each additional patrol, or only if you do all 6/get the bounty?

Yeah resources are my bain, I woulda been thrilled if they just added resources for the daily, for patrols, let alone also letting you buy.

They didn't make it too easy, ten marks for 20 resources is still pretty steep. I like that too.

Sucks I had Gjallahorn at 291, one upgrade away before they made the change, was about to finish it off. Now I'm locked out of that last upgrade until Xur comes...Unless I want to shard an exotic which I probably wont just yet being a bit of a pack rat. I keep even my exotics I never touch. Never know when I might want to do some Iron Banner type event and discover some oddball exotic is great in PVP or something.

If I delete my 3rd char, I will really start running into storage problems, as my character inventory slots are effectively storage space. On 3 I still have a fair amount of room, but cutting to two+vault will probably start squeezing things.

I noticed these changes are designed to keep currencies relevant in endgame.

-Glimmer, was irrelevant, now they took away Xur heavy ammo synth, glimmer only way to get heavy synth, relevant again,

-Vanguard Marks, were pretty irrelevant for endgame, only possible use was if you wanted the odd vendor weapon. Now relevant again with ability to buy resources.

-Strange Coins, also fairly irrelevant at endgame, minus an exotic or two you might want from Xur. Now made relevant again with exotic shards upgrades.

Last edited:
Got Plan C off the nightfall to begin the weekly festivities. Glad I didn't buy it now.

Geez, Nightfall and Weekly Heroic are like literally 10 minute jobs in a 3 man group. Activities I can spend significant time in trying to solo. I think I've been misusing time.

Judging by it seems like 80% of people in tower have the nightfall halo, I think they may have made it too easy (in a group, of course). Used to be at least kind of a badge of honor.

The only significant time activity then would be raid. And upgrading, which will also be massively less time intensive with the ability to buy resources now.

Definitely reaching a idle time as the DLC approaches then.

Plan C isn't bad. I bought it because I never get any decent weapons from either the Nightfall or Weekly heroic strikes. And Xur has been a douche every since I earned enough Strange Coins to buy an exotic.

anybody know what is the blue or green pulse rifle that super stable and kill people in crucible in around 3 shot? It also have crazy amount of knockback so when he shot me, i cant even aim at him.

last night im in crucible match and fight the person that wear it. but i forgot to screenshot it and instead... i record a video. now the video is somewhere in whole bunch of other video :(

I got my chest piece today, so I'm finally gonna hit level 30. Only took me like 24+ raids.
Ran it again immediately after on my titan and got nothing.

Also first time doing the templar the legit way in a long time. Was pretty easy actually.

From the nightfall on my 3 characters, I got Hawkmoon, Doctor Nope and duplicate gauntlets for my titan. Pretty happy that I got Hawkmoon.

Last edited:
hawkmoon is nice although it have bad auto-aim. Its not as sticky as blue handgun i have.

need to play hard raid...
done the normal but only get gjalalalahorn.

Got Plan C off the nightfall to begin the weekly festivities. Glad I didn't buy it now.

Geez, Nightfall and Weekly Heroic are like literally 10 minute jobs in a 3 man group. Activities I can spend significant time in trying to solo. I think I've been misusing time.

Judging by it seems like 80% of people in tower have the nightfall halo, I think they may have made it too easy (in a group, of course). Used to be at least kind of a badge of honor.

The only significant time activity then would be raid. And upgrading, which will also be massively less time intensive with the ability to buy resources now.

Definitely reaching a idle time as the DLC approaches then.

This weeks Nightwall/Weekly (Nexus) is very easy to cheese and add to that Solar burn and icebreaker and it´s a walk in the park. And then to top it off, Vanguard marks for Materials in my case, well i could top off a few of my weapons before we went in :)

Bwahahaha! got raid boots on hard raid templar :D :D :D
level 30 here i come!

bzzzt PSN update PS4 2.03 ...... what the...

Back