Console Gaming: Current & Future Holiday Purchases

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend
Today I purchased a much needed HDD for my PS4. Got a great deal through a vendor/friend on a retail Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive for $49 / no taxes (saved about $80). Installing it later tonight...

Future wise (2 weeks), probably pick up another 4K LCD. The current 80' inch in the man-cave needs to be bigger. :D

Your current or future holiday purchases?

I just ordered a Titan one usb adapter that will let me use my MLG TE2 X360 fight stick on PS3, PS4 or X1.
I'll also pick up an external HDD for the X1 soon. I'm thinking either a 3 or 4 TB drive.

Other than that, I'm on the lookout for some game deals for my new baby and a tablet to replace my year one edition Nexus 7. I'm thinking Nvidia Shield tablet.

Edit: Already purchased a 65" Samsung for the living room, but it really doesn't count as it isn't for my gaming use.

I bought a gaming mouse. My first ever. And a PSN+ card. I'll pickup GTA5 PS4 if it goes on sale next month.

I was really close to picking up X1 and would have really considered it if there was a more appealing bundle (not-AC:U) to me. Maybe next year.

I was thinking of getting an 85", but really a 65" is big enough for us when you take into account the size of our living room. Also, we move every 3-4 years for work, so I don't want something to big that I worry the movers will damage.

I wouldn't feel safe moving around anything larger than 42". :eek: (Something a single person can do easily)

Got a Windows tablet to play games through Steam In-Home Streaming, along with this gamepad to emulate a X360 controller through X360ce.
Gamepad arrived fine. Tablet got stuck in the customs, which in Portugal they work kind of like a 3rd world country's, so I'm probably not seeing the tablet before 2015.
I guess that makes it a non-Holiday purchase, even though I paid for it almost a month ago.

Also bought a 512GB SSD for my laptop, and will be moving the current 256GB model to the house's desktop for game installs. At least I got that for me.

I wouldn't feel safe moving around anything larger than 42". :eek: (Something a single person can do easily)

Luckily my employer pays 100% for the moves :)
It was well past time to get a large screen for the living room. We've been rocking a 27" old school Sony Trinitron for almost 8-9 years.

My man-cave has a 46" 1080p Sharp Aquos that is around 6-7 years old. I'll replace that next year (thinking 50" and maybe even 4K capable)

Luckily my employer pays 100% for the moves :)
It was well past time to get a large screen for the living room. We've been rocking a 27" old school Sony Trinitron for almost 8-9 years.

My man-cave has a 46" 1080p Sharp Aquos that is around 6-7 years old. I'll replace that next year (thinking 50" and maybe even 4K capable)

Man cave tv should be as big as possible :D

Don't get KZ. The Last of Us would be a better purchase ;)

Picked up a 2nd X1 for the mainroom, and a 110" Black Diamond screen. This was great as it confused everyone wanting to know where I hid the wires. Surface Pro 3, but the workaround was I had to agree to the wife to sell the Surface 2 (pm offers, JK). ;)

I just ordered a Titan one usb adapter that will let me use my MLG TE2 X360 fight stick on PS3, PS4 or X1.
I'll also pick up an external HDD for the X1 soon. I'm thinking either a 3 or 4 TB drive.

Other than that, I'm on the lookout for some game deals for my new baby and a tablet to replace my year one edition Nexus 7. I'm thinking Nvidia Shield tablet.

Edit: Already purchased a 65" Samsung for the living room, but it really doesn't count as it isn't for my gaming use.
So you finally were inspired to get a PS4 and the Xbox One. That's nice and it feels like you have most of your Christmas shopping done, before Christmas... :D

Last edited:
So you finally were inspired to get a PS4 and the Xbox One. That's nice and it feels like you have most of your Christmas shopping done, before Christmas... :D

No PS4 yet, but wanted to get the Titan One to cover me if I picked it up for my fighting game needs. It's pretty ridiculous how much they charge for fighting sticks considering the cost of materials.

Got a Windows tablet to play games through Steam In-Home Streaming, along with this gamepad to emulate a X360 controller through X360ce.
Gamepad arrived fine. Tablet got stuck in the customs, which in Portugal they work kind of like a 3rd world country's, so I'm probably not seeing the tablet before 2015.
I guess that makes it a non-Holiday purchase, even though I paid for it almost a month ago.

Also bought a 512GB SSD for my laptop, and will be moving the current 256GB model to the house's desktop for game installs. At least I got that for me.
How's the build quality of the gamepad and especially the analog stick? Does it have analog triggers (and does the analog triggers recognized in Windows)?
The reason I'm asking this is because I have 2 Chinese brand controllers and I have problems with both of the controller in terms of analog accuracy. I have Wamo pro, which has a nice form factor, not really good dpad, non working analog trigger (it's analog, I've seen the inside and they probably disable it in firmware?), and the most annoying problem is the analog stick have a dead zone and the dead zone is skewed towards certain direction, which making the controller a bit useless for racing games. I do finish a lot of games with it.
And the other one is tronsmart Mars g01. It's probably the only Chinese controller that compatible with X-input (there are similar controller under different brands like Wamo quake). It works like a Xbox controller and all the buttons and analogs are working, but again, analog accuracy is a problem, trigger is basically useless and the dpad is worse than Wamo pro.
I ended up buying logitech F710 (or something... Wireless) which is far better than those Chinese controller. It's twice as expensive but worth every penny.

I picked up a Samsung 65" model 7150 and I'm amazed at the difference it makes compared to my old aquos 46. I'm so glad I went for the higher end model, it's like watching movies again for the first time in their intended glory.

Going to have some fun streaming some steam gaming like Assassin's Creed and GTA 5.

Back