What are you playing now? [2007-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I am seriously considering that for $30, especially on the shiny new 970 and ultrawide screen.

Yeah I use that to fix up issues with Ui or to increase compatibility. Haven't tried a lot of games on it yet so haven't needed it to much. Very handy software.

That's right, you said you didn't care for how Diablo 3 looks with it. Is that a UI issue or just how the game looks in general at 21:9?

Someone needs to create a quality IPS 21:9 panel with G-sync. If that LG 34UM95 supported G-sync I'd buy it this minute.

I bought Divity 2 Developer's Cut and so far it's awesome. Why have I not heard of this game before?

With 2x NVIDIA DSR and forced 4xMSAA it looks brilliant as well. And runs fine at 1080p with my GTX670.

I purchased this game quite awhile ago but just got around to playing it. Have played about 20 hours now, and must say that this game is highly under rated.

Wiki said:
Divinity II is an action role-playing game developed by Larian Studios. Its first release in 2009 was subtitled Ego Draconis, and was published by DTP entertainment and in the United States by CDV Entertainment.[3] The updated 2011 rerelease The Dragon Knight Saga which included the expansion Flames of Vengeance, as well as the final 2012 release as Divinity II: Developer's Cut, were published by Focus Home Interactive.

Apparently

Hahah, you're not alone! It's addictive, I'm playing it constantly too

It was great !

I nearly finished 2033 Redux, but the game kept crashing in the last chapter, so f*ck it :-/

I finished Sniper Elite 3, it was pretty fun. Great "snack" game.

Now I'm waiting for DA : Inquisition.

Spintires.... strangely addictive and very difficult. Also fantastic mud system.

Don't buy any Steam games you're not going to play within three weeks. They should be the same price in the Christmas sale, and with Steam Summer/Christmas events every $10 spend traditionally gets you something (e.g. a trading card), making it slightly cheaper.

Van Helsing was getting some love earlier in this thread (and some like from me) so I picked up Van Helsing II from Gamersgate for ~$4.50 using code GAMERSGATE-TURKEY (a code that works across the site for a 20% discount).

And Battle.net has lots of discounts at the moment - Diablo III and its expansion are $20 each, and I picked up the first Starcraft II for $10 (second part also $10).

But more on-topic: I started playing Watch Dogs last weekend. Well blow me down if I'm not rather enjoying it. Certainly the best of the Assassin's Creed games - everything is smooth and the combat works fine. Definitely not a great game - it actually looked rather poor until I used the TheWorse mod, the driving varies between passable and poor and sweetjesuswhatweretheythinking, the hacking tricks are little more than gimmicks (but they are more than gimmicks... just not by much), and there's a bit more filler than I'd like. About halfway through Act II, and if I dive through the campaign ASAP I may just complete it before Ubisoft fatigue kicks in.

(Also in its favour for me is that I've only played the other Assassin's Creed games on 360, so stepping up to PC might be improving it somewhat - and I also stuck a GTX 970 in my PC at the weekend, so there's plenty of hardware behind it.)

Just finished playing Shadow Warrior (HD) and I can honestly say it's great fun with pretty and colourful graphics, fast action, great boss fights and superb weapons!
I loved funny rabbits, old skool secrets with levels from original game and pure pleasure from slashing demons!

I haven't had this much fun in FPS shooter since Painkiller and original Duke :p

Now what next to play?
Theft? COD: GHOST? Fallout? DragonAge (the first one?)???

Am I the only one playing Inquisition? You guys should all stop what you're doing and download it right now.

I'm playing Wolfenstein New Order, just started really and I know I'm going to have a ball with it already. Definitely classic shooter feel.

I've never been a huge fan of the Dragon Age series, it is looking quite good though. Not good enough for a day one purchase for me though. I'm rather stingy when it comes to games and i'm perfectly fine with playing something 6-12 months after it was released. My next day one purchase will be GTA V guaranteed.

Nobody expects the Inquisition...
aMPNIKP.jpg

Boooooo!! (I love that movie :D )

I'm now on the second playthrough for Borderlands 1. My opinion of it has increased significantly, if only because it's just fun to go mowing baddies down and it stays reasonably challenging. Around the end of the first playthrough I was starting to get cocky, I had weapons and shields that mostly allowed me to bludgeon my way through a map with little fear of reprisal. And then I take all of this arsenal with me into the beginning of the next playthrough? This will be stupidly easy!!

Or so I thought. I've since been far more planful in my approach to new areas :D

Defender's Quest...again. One of the best Tower Defense + RPG elements games ever. And I just found out there's actually user mods you can download for it via Steam.

Regards,
SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back