Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

For Far Cr

If find ~1400x1080.

Jaggies are more noticeable than on PS4 but maybe it's because of the lower resolution, still not sure yet.
That is an interesting resolution. How do you calculate the horizontal? I have found plenty of info on the web about pixel counting the vertical, but very little for the other. You can PM me the details if you want I am very interested in learning.

That is an interesting resolution. How do you calculate the horizontal? I have found plenty of info on the web about pixel counting the vertical, but very little for the other.
You pixel-count the horizontal exactly the same way you do with vertical, but with jaggies on the opposite axis.

Or: If you rotated an image 90 degrees and did a vertical pixel-count, that's the same as a horizontal pixel-count of the original image.

That is an interesting resolution. How do you calculate the horizontal? I have found plenty of info on the web about pixel counting the vertical, but very little for the other. You can PM me the details if you want I am very interested in learning.

Here we have 34 horizontal edges (steps) for a 46 pixels wide image:

7fib.jpg

34 * 1920 / 46 = ~1419

Hence my ~1400x1080 approximation.

Last edited:
Yes, I can post again! :) (sorry, couldn't post for a week, glad it works now)

Can someone test and calculate resolution of newest Arkham Knight video? Footage features PS4 button prompts, but maybe it is from PC. Game features so much post processing, that is is hard to find edges of objects, but there is aliasing. IMO, this is not perfect bulshotted PR footage.
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_b...ce_chemicals_infiltration__pt_1-33664_en.html

Yes, there are some moments that have a good amount of detail, most notably at slow-motion sections and when at terminals. When there's a lot of action, the game has motion blur and depth of field like crazy. My every much still in training eye says Full HD.

After trying to find some clear screenshot of aliasing, I have come to conclusion that almost all visible aliasing is down to the specular shader shimmer that ruins just a few surfaces per questionable shot. Rest of the game looks smooth.

Finding those shots was not a easy job, game is post processed as hell [but it looks awesome :D].

Can someone test and calculate resolution of newest Arkham Knight video? Footage features PS4 button prompts, but maybe it is from PC. Game features so much post processing, that is is hard to find edges of objects, but there is aliasing. IMO, this is not perfect bulshotted PR footage.
http://www.gamersyde.com/download_b...ce_chemicals_infiltration__pt_1-33664_en.html

Quick pixel counting shows the first screenshot runs at a roughly 1920x1080 resolution, which should be most probably the precise resolution of this build.

After trying to find some clear screenshot of aliasing, I have come to conclusion that almost all visible aliasing is down to the specular shader shimmer that ruins just a few surfaces per questionable shot.

Pretty unfortunate, especially where the Bat tank is concerned. The footage earlier this year was pretty atrocious with the specular.

Question. When a game has a strange resolution like 1440x1080 on FC4 how does it upscale to 1080p without skewing the picture?
Anamorphic buffers.

The image is rendered "squished" so that it looks correct once it's been "stretched" to the display ratio.

Whether it's correct to call this "squishing" and "stretching" is contextual/debatable/whatever, since there's nothing intrinsically "incorrect" about pixels being situated in screen-space on something other than a square grid.

Anamorphic buffers.

The image is rendered "squished" so that it looks correct once it's been "stretched" to the display ratio.

Whether it's correct to call this "squishing" and "stretching" is contextual/debatable/whatever, since there's nothing intrinsically "incorrect" about pixels being situated in screen-space on something other than a square grid.
That is what I figured. Thanks for the answer.

Been playing FC4 and man the HRAA has so much temporal ghosting. It's no where near Halo Reach level but it happens everywhere on the screen since the world has so many moving objects (plus the player movement). The sharpness due to HRAA also hurts the image in my opinion. The game is pretty damn good at reducing jaggies but has an oversharpened look while having a blur due to ghosting which makes it look strange. I would still prefer Infamous' SMAA but I guess that is more expensive than HRAA.

Back