Forum Software Change!

May I kindly ask if I could search for "ddx ddy".? The forum probably doesn't associate the abbreviations with the full textual description and gives me results regardless (like Google does at times), currently that's too short for a search. Anyway, just a geeky request.
No-Avatar still a rule? The white theme could better itself with some images interrupting it's voidy voids. I also CSS hacked it after 5 minutes. Dark is better indeed.

I'm all for avatars actually, I just haven't figured out how to gracefully allow people to turn them off. I'm also working on fully flexible, full-text search, but it requires new infrastructure that I haven't got around to building out, testing and switching on yet.

It took me a while to figure out how to reply after having multi-quoted posts. Is selecting quotes using the insert quotes button the only way to insert the quotes? This is completely unnecessary as I already clicked to multi-quote them hence I want them to be in my reply.

I actually found myself abandoning a post because the new way of doing things was too annoying.

Is there no longer a post preview either?

It took me a while to figure out how to reply after having multi-quoted posts. Is selecting quotes using the insert quotes button the only way to insert the quotes? This is completely unnecessary as I already clicked to multi-quote them hence I want them to be in my reply.

I actually found myself abandoning a post because the new way of doing things was too annoying.

Is there no longer a post preview either?

If you click on "REPLY" it will single-quote that single post.

Iif you're using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page, the post Preview is available under [More Options], then select [Preview...] on the next page that loads.

Yeah, new multi-quote vs reply is a bit... weird.

The post preview now requires going into "more options".

Hi,
I cannot access my personal information - once I log in, the page with my personal details open with an 'error'...

oddly, i cannot edit my posts any more, even after few secs.
OT, can you add back the button to go at the end of a thread for reading it, which is disappeared now in some cases?

I just accessed your page from your name on the left of your post. Try again?

Regards post editing, I guess 'newcomers' don't have that privilege. I think we used to have editing become available with only 10 posts. Something to be tweaked.

Quite possibly. We definitely need a lower tier, like an Initiate who has zero access and needs ten posts. Within ten posts, we'll have decided if they can stay or not. After that, basic membership should include editing rights and everything available in the original forum at the same level.

Oh, no no no! We should embrace the new age of microtransactions! For $3.99, you can buy 1,999 in-forum gold which can be used to buy 'post count' (1,000 gold per 17 posts). So to save you having to post more, you have the voluntary option to accelerate your progress through the forum ranks. :D

Don't want to spam the thread but I really like that new forum interface, lots of white it feels really clean.
It is quite a bit faster too or I'm dreaming?

Anyway great job again, I might just get rid of tapatalk as the experience on my phone through Chrome is plainly satisfying.

It is quite a bit faster too or I'm dreaming?

You're not dreaming. It is absolutely faster. Xenforo is worlds faster and uses less resources than any VB forum.

Some people seem to have added images to their profiles, is this another privilege that requires a certain number of posts? It kind of adds a bit of personality when people have an avatar. :)

Rys can you make the forum stats on the various forums appear on mouse over instead of always? It's a bit too busy at the moment and that's not really information needed at a glance.

Does "Report" button have to be so prominent?

I use Dark theme and that Report button is somewhat distracting. It almost looks like a default action.

repfbsaj.png

Minor nuisance, but B3D used to have the best Smilies. Like this one
icon_lol0pu9e.gif

Should just be able to click on the username and a pop-up appears with "Start new conversation" as one of the options. Unless... that's not properly set for permissions yet.

Back