Has Shootthemonkey's boss finally made it to hollywood

Davros

Legend
If like him you think Hitler on a t-Rex is the most awesome-est thing evar, the you must back this
additional backer awards include chrome plating
[yt]3jLaf5qj8cs#t=181[/yt]

Seriously I'm not joking when I tell you I've dreamt about this exact same thing last night! Only I couldn't remember the nickname of the guy who started that topic. God, that topic must be one of the best ever.

Wow... I check out the boards for the first time in years, and I see The Creature reduxes... Good to know that the legend still lives on... and has spread like a cancer.
What scares me is how many people I've met in the years since who would actually believe that this sort of film would qualify as a real predictor of the future.

Been out of gaming for a while... stayed in the movie biz for a while which meant a couple of years doing film CG R&D, and not involved in anything realtime for a while, and that included some travails as an anti-theist ideologue which gets me a few murder threats a day, but that's technically a good thing in my book, and makes it worth continuing whenever I find the time... Managed to get a few violin gigs again after a few decades of not playing, but I'm not continuing with that lately anyway. Now I'm back in realtime graphics again; been at NVIDIA for the past year in a relatively new and tiny department and have been insanely busy in prep for CES.

Wow, thanks for the update! Looks like you have been busy. Care to share some of your more entertaining/off-the-rockers death threats, maybe? :)

And, that movie (or whatever the hell it's supposed to be) looks just insanely lame. Awesome range on that helicopter, flying from D.C. down to antarctica (but maybe they saved weight by not bringing a winter coat... :rolleyes:) I wonder if your Boss-Thing-Guy has been involved at any level of this production, or if Adolf Hitler riding a T-Rex appearing here also is just some crazy strange moment of serendipity. Maybe Hitler+T-Rex is simply some relatively common internet meme, since this T-Rex isn't chrome-finished, haha...

If like him you think Hitler on a t-Rex is the most awesome-est thing evar, the you must back this
additional backer awards include chrome plating
[yt]3jLaf5qj8cs#t=181[/yt]

The first movie was pretty fun, but not as much as I was hoping for based on the initial trailer.

Still, if you like dinosaur-riding Nazis, I can't recommend Ben There, Dan That and its sequel Time Gentlemen, Please! warmly enough. Those two little British adventure games might be the funniest things I've ever played. Just don't expect cutting-edge graphics.

And welcome back, ShootMyMonkey, I have very fond memories of your Creature thread.

Well, even when I was still working for The Creature, one of my former colleagues from that same company found a few comic book images of Hitler riding a t-rex with "frickin' laser beams" mounted on its head, so I don't think it's the most original idea that came out of it's head. That colleague who found it, btw, was the former lead who somehow became the benchmark that The Creature used to define all people from California as inherently crazy. He passed away about 2 years ago, while The Creature, sadly, still lives on. In any case, The Creature's big thing was the extent to which he would ride that one topic and consistently proclaim that its image of "cool" is the correct one and the market at large will inherently realize it because The Creature said so. Hitler is "cool", T-Rexes are "cool" (kids love T-Rex!), chrome looks awesome, lasers are awesome... therefore the combination of all these necessarily equals the perfect storm of awesomeness. At least, that seems to be the logic.

Looks like you have been busy. Care to share some of your more entertaining/off-the-rockers death threats, maybe?

Most of my death threats are just flaming emails that try to tell me to repent and accept Jesus as my savior and how I'm going to hell and so on... The most credible threat I got was about 3 years back when one of my old classmates from India was killed by fundamentalist followers of the now late Sathya Sai Baba (for revealing his pedophilia and child sex-trafficking racket), his tongue was cut out and sent to me in the mail... that said, they sent to a flat in India that I owned at the time but never actually lived in, which suggests that their info-gathering network outside of India is a little weak -- I wouldn't even have known about it if not for the fact that the tenant told me about it. I since got rid of the flat and the tenant moved out, but still... not a huge threat in the end. And it's not like I'd stop blogging on the subject over something like that.

Back