Futuremark Aquired by UL

To be honest, this is kind of weird, but I have nothing more to add.

Guess it's a new branch for UL

“This acquisition provides us with an opportunity to build a new business line in testing a wide variety of technological devices so they offer the performance, safety and privacy that consumers expect.”

Yeah, definitely falls into the weird category, I totally don't see the point of this buy-out, but maybe that's why I'm not in corporate management...?

Were Futuremark hurting for money, or just the owners tired of being in business for themselves? I suppose we'll never know.

Yeah, definitely falls into the weird category, I totally don't see the point of this buy-out, but maybe that's why I'm not in corporate management...?

Were Futuremark hurting for money, or just the owners tired of being in business for themselves? I suppose we'll never know.

Well, it was owned mostly by venture capital investors with a goal to eventually sell the company, maybe they just decided there's no enough room for growth for their investments anymore?

Congratulations Futuremark! Wish you much success! Kinda interesting seeing where they are heading. I had an oppurtunity many, many years ago to do something cool & join their team, but they decided to go another direction. I don't think either of us expected to be where we are now. :D

Tommy McClain

Well, it was owned mostly by venture capital investors
Oh, wow. I just read "privately owned" and just assumed it was owned by the founders, and possibly employees.

Man, shows how idealistically gullible I am! :LOL:

Back