Evolve [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Downloaded the alpha. But can't play. It says that servers are at capacity and accept new connections.

I was playing Diablo 3 on the Xbox One and I got a notification. I thought it was a friend signing in at first, or something similar but it actually was an invitation to a beta.

Still I never signed up for something like that, but it seems that now developers can send you invitations to play betas of their games. That's pretty cool. The beta said it weighs 12GB, but the download wasn't available yet.

Games looks superb from all the promotional material they've shown thus far. And I love the character and monster designs... well.. the original brute monster looks a bit generic (kinda like the old 90s Godzilla, aka generic western monster design #384883). The cthulu-like monster however looks much better, despite it just ripping off H.P. Lovecraft.

I'm hoping the other monsters that they haven't shown yet are more imaginative in their designs.

It would have been amazing too see a game like this with more eastern monster designs though. Some of the monster from From Software's "Souls" games have incredibly creative and creepy designs. Wish western artists could come up with stuff that's maybe a little less familiar. I suppose the cultural influences with Japanese historical art and folklore also plays a roll there too.

... Anyway that's off topic

i applied on PS4 eurogamer and PC curse but none give me the key to enter beta :(

i guess luck is not my forte.

anyone have an extra xbox one code ?
I am not sure what that notification I got was about but if I eventually get a code I will gladly give it away because I don't play online that much and it's an online beta, I think.

thanks , iwas able to get a code last night from a gamestop friend. I got to play one round but now it just searches for games and wont connect. So who knows.

Apparently its postponed on the ps4 due to firmware problems ?

here are two xbox one codes

CODE for Xbox One:
943W7-WV67P-TP7YQ-679J2-PYXVZ

943WC-6JC96-M7MMK-FDDV4-WCHYZ

i finally got to play a few games and i friggen love it. You need a good tracker however. If the tracker doesn't know to follow its pet then your going to be chasing your tail. The pet can track the monster even without foot prints but if the tracker goes off on its own the pet will follow him. Pro tip right there !

and i still have not get any single key although i already successfully submit for PS4 3 times (various giveaway) and PC 1 time (using curse sure-fire giveaway).

lady luck hates me.

and i still have not get any single key although i already successfully submit for PS4 3 times (various giveaway) and PC 1 time (using curse sure-fire giveaway).

lady luck hates me.

You don't know own xcom on PC? (if you do, then evolve should be available to download from your steam library).

Any updated views on this game from those who played the alpha or beta? I think the game will be released next month. After playing Destiny, I've really come around to the idea of PvE games. Is evolve such a game?

Any updated views on this game from those who played the alpha or beta? I think the game will be released next month. After playing Destiny, I've really come around to the idea of PvE games. Is evolve such a game?
it is very much _not_ that type of game.
It's 4 guys who if you don't chat at all (most don't) it's hard to get together for some proper team work. When you do work together you are hunting this one other player who is big and powerful, but I found generally speaking, either you really know how to trap that player, or you can't find them. I haven't experienced a lot of back and forth, the game ends after 1 or 2 big battles.

I found the game to be a bit slow (a very long round with very little action), and if you separate too much from each other the environment will likely kill you.

It's no where near that PVE experience of Left 4 Dead.

Reactions: NRP
Somehow this game has never excited me. Would like to know everyone's alpha/beta experience for sure.

Same here. It never excited me much, looked more like a half-price arcade game experience. The game experience doesn't seem as large as a full price title. It seems like it's just 1 multi-player type. Maybe if it was $10 - $15 I would consider it.

I did not partake in the alpha or beta, not enough spare time. I did watch some streams of it and it seems the players were having a good time though.

played the beta. Why this game is very laggy? O_O
not as laggy as Killzone that was on PS3 but this is laggy-er than Destiny and Infamous

Back