Handpose: Fully Articulated Hand Tracking ( amazing Kinect 2.0 hand tracking)

Those shades. Lol. This is the same team from a long time ago. The two people I identify is the first guy with the hair and the woman in the end. They have been working on this finger tracking for some time on kinect.

Edit ^^ Above is wrong. I went to double check if it is indeed the same team, it's not.

Originally I thought it was this team:
Source: http://cvrlcode.ics.forth.gr/handtracking/

They used exemplar based skeletal tracking. Which sorta stirred my memory to this comment, and I thought the woman and the dude was the same, lol they aren't.

[on the topic of GPGPU setup for X1]:
Goossen points to the Exemplar skeletal tracking system on Kinect on Xbox 360 as an example for why they took that direction.

"Exemplar ironically doesn't need much ALU. It's much more about the latency you have in terms of memory fetch, so this is kind of a natural evolution for us," he says. "It's like, OK, it's the memory system which is more important for some particular GPGPU workloads.”

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-the-xbox-one-architects

Last edited by a moderator:
What's with the 1980s mirror shades everybody is wearing? :cool:

Protection against Kinect's IR radiation...
Ha! I was kind of expecting toward the end of the video something like..

"this is possible with a slight modification to the Kinect sensor. This does make the augmented IR blind human beings but the devkit comes complete with these special protective glasses".​
:yes:

I'm messin'. Cranking up the IR output should only result in a nice, warm glow from the console, as IR == radiant heat.

THe nice large reflective surface right in the middle of your head would make it very easy for the Kinect to track your face and know where your looking

THe nice large reflective surface right in the middle of your head would make it very easy for the Kinect to track your face...
Probably makes no odds. Curiously, there are a couple of IR hotspots on the glasses in the depth image where they are whited out.[/quote]...and know where your looking[/QUOTE]It has absolutely no idea where your eyes are pointed, and without a frame of reference for the spectacle shape, it couldn't derive head rotation from it. The face is already a well established reference point for head tracking if you want to do it optically. Which they're not doing here because it's a hand-tracking demo.

Probably makes no odds. Curiously, there are a couple of IR hotspots on the glasses in the depth image where they are whited out.
...and know where your looking[/QUOTE]It has absolutely no idea where your eyes are pointed, and without a frame of reference for the spectacle shape, it couldn't derive head rotation from it. The face is already a well established reference point for head tracking if you want to do it optically. Which they're not doing here because it's a hand-tracking demo.[/QUOTE]

Maybe the shades are there because of IR reflecting from the eyes was causing some problems.

Back