how to keep dust off ps4?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
DuE7XW8.jpg

On one week my ps4 already that dirty. I'm afraid if it will clog the ventilation and stop fan from spinning well.

Any tips to keep the dust out?

BTW my pc xbox and laptop did not accumulate dust that many and that fast. Soy maybe in this case, the ps4 is already smart enough to keep the dust out and easily cleaned?

WTH???

Is your cat or Cousin Itt laying around your PS4??? :|

Anyhow, my PS4 and PC stay very clean... very clean environment.

I'd recommend you euthanize that pet of yours, that ought to fix your problem. ...UGH. :p

Failing that, run the place through with the vacuum cleaner more often, heh. There are also electrostatic air filtering devices with an internal fan that might help.

Oh, and don't let the pet sit/lay about/sleep all over your console. And if applicable, don't smoke indoors, it causes more clogging (disgusting filthy habit btw.)

Is that the usual location of your PS4? Directly on the floor?

The higher the PS4 is in your room, the less the vents should be clogged by pet hair. I suggest you to position your PS4 the highest you can and to vacuum regularly the vents.

thanks ^^
yes my cat usually roam around electronics and love to play with the cables
they also like to sleep on top of ps4, but not my x360. O_O

i guess ill move it to a shelf under the TV to keep it clean.

Okay moved to cabinet below TV. But now it's noticeable fan loud. Louder than my Xbox...

It seems the cabinet become 'resonance box' haha

Okay moved to cabinet below TV. But now it's noticeable fan loud. Louder than my Xbox... It seems the cabinet become 'resonance box' haha
Is it all enclosed? I have my PlayStation 4 in a full cabinet with glass doors and need to open doors for ventilation otherwise the heat makes the fans go nuts.

It's never shut down though.

Okay moved to cabinet below TV. But now it's noticeable fan loud. Louder than my Xbox...

It seems the cabinet become 'resonance box' haha

Didn't someone say they raised there's up a little (like 1-2cm I guess?) and that really helped with fan noise... I dunno, maybe it was another forum! lol

The one thing I thought of you could do to cut down on the dust is buy some of those pc fan filter covers & cut up the foam into strips & wedge it into the slot where the fan inlet is, I've been using a couple on my pc & they've really helped cut down the number of times I need to open it up & clean the heatsink. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&es_th=1&ie=UTF-8#q=pc fan filter

Eww, that looks nasty.

Like others have said, try to keep it higher so the cat can't get to it.

I've had my PS4 since the NA launch and mine looks dust free. I keep it on an open shelf too. I do vacuum it at least once a month though.

thanks ^^

Okay moved to cabinet below TV. But now it's noticeable fan loud

You mean your cat doesn't anymore mitigate the noise coming from the console like when it used to sleep on top of it? :LOL:

don't set it directly on the shelf, set it on a couple of 1cm thick slivers of styrofoam i, it should help with the noise.

thanks ^^

If I had a penny for every VCR that was written off due to cats I'd have around £3.63.

In a nut-shell your cat will kill your PS4, so make a choice...which do you love more!? :p

I had the same issues with my Wii which I put on the floor.

No need for an enclosed cabinet, just put it on something a feet or two above the floor. Cat shedding settles down quickly by gravity, and then you'll sweep it around the floor just by walking in the room. It's the worst possible place to put electronic equipment.

One of my planned DIY projects is to build a HEPA filter based entertainment center. I am currently working out the logistics like hardware, fan/exhaust placement and noise levels.

I just want to find a way to be able to keep my cabinets closed to avoid dust accumulation while not having to worry about my electronics melting.

I always find these dust stories curious, as I don't take any anti-dust precautions with any of my electronics yet they haven't suffered from dust abuse AFAIK. eg. When my old PS3 died and I opened it up, it wasn't full of dust despite a few years in a moderately dusty room.

The HEPA filter idea is an interesting one, but won't you impact airflow with that? That's possibly too fine a filter to be meaningful and you could just use a larger filter size. In my personal experience, it'd be more trouble than it's worth. Then again, maybe dust damage is affected by region? You'll have different types depending on location. Obviously cat hairs as per the OP have a significant choke on airflow, but for smaller particles, I guess location will affect how likely the particles are to adhere to surfaces, penetrate smaller cracks, etc.

Back