Tokyo Game Show 2014

n a report by VG 24/7, TECMO and Ninja Theory have confirmed that they are working on making next-gen games at the moment and those games could be Ninja Gaiden 4 and Dead or Alive 6.
They meant Team Ninja perhaps?

Which is somewhat weird, given the scope of TGS and XB1 launching in Japan soon. Maybe a few key speeches/notes on swaying gamers on Sony's/Nintendo's turf. Oh well...

XBO launches on Sept. 4 while TGS is Sept. 18.

If Microsoft does a massive marketing blitz for the launch there wouldn't be anything to announce at TGS really. So potentially better to use that money for the launch than for a press conference that won't reveal much.

Microsoft will still have a booth at TGS, so Japanese gamer's and press will still get to try upcoming games.

Regards,
SB

Microsoft will still have a booth at TGS, so Japanese gamer's and press will still get to try upcoming games.

We are ~3 weeks away from TGS and MS has not announce any Japanse-focused game. I don't know what will gamers and press be interested to play there.

We are ~3 weeks away from TGS and MS has not announce any Japanse-focused game. I don't know what will gamers and press be interested to play there.

Surely the market will be receptive to Titanfall? Games with mechs have done well there.

And it's not like Sony's console is well served in this respect either.

but i think japan prefer "cool mech" than "realistic and scary mech". gundam, pacific rim, are good. but mech such as on Titanfall and mechwarrior are not for their taste.

ah it will be awesome if MS suddenly announce game developed to cater japan market. Like what they done with Ace Combat and Lost Odyssey on X360. for its lifetime, X360 have rather good collection of japan game although it did not make it success in japan :/

Orangpelupa, what Japan really prefers is mechs that are driven by teenagers. Preferably girls whose boobs are free to experience all the sudden changes in inertia/gravity. :)

Surely the market will be receptive to Titanfall? Games with mechs have done well there.

And it's not like Sony's console is well served in this respect either.

Nothing will make consoles matter in Japan again. Nothing!

..except some kind of Sword Art Online VR game, imo :smile:

The problem with Titanfall is that it's a FPS, and it's purely a competitive game. I don't think that kind of game will sell consoles in Japan.

The problem with Titanfall is that it's a FPS, and it's purely a competitive game. I don't think that kind of game will sell consoles in Japan.

You may be surprised. One of the best profit generators for Square Enix Online in the past 5 years was localizing COD: BO for the Japanese market.

It likely won't be topping any sales charts. But it should generate some interest. Whether that will be enough to make a meaningful market for XBO in Japan, however, who knows...

Regards,
SB

But can Titanfall or even COD sell the console? I think trying to sell X1 in Japan in a large number is a lost cause. Probably the only chance to get a decent number is to make Monster Hunter exclusive for X1.

Try persuading Capcom- They're not even bringing Monster Hunter to PS3/4/V, due to a very clear exclusivity deal they did with Nintendo like 3~4 years ago. I doubt Microsoft with their lackluster presence will do much to sway that.

Try persuading Capcom- They're not even bringing Monster Hunter to PS3/4/V, due to a very clear exclusivity deal they did with Nintendo like 3~4 years ago. I doubt Microsoft with their lackluster presence will do much to sway that.
Didn't the 360 get a version of monster hunter?

man.. if MS suddenly announce proper SAO game (not that ps vita remaster), im sure it will get great attention in japan (and asia).
Previously they already done a few exclusive deal witn Bandai namco too.

maybe use cortana system to make the in-game fairy/child (who is her name?) to be an interactive AI that you can talk with.

although i prefer Aldnoah Zero game...

btw x360 exclusives like
eternal sonata
tales of vesperia
ace combat 6
lost odyssey

still not selling xbox 360 in japan.. i think MS do need to announce some anime-game tie-in.

Back