Digital Region Lock (ps4/x1)

@penguinjim so xone is completely region unlocked except for kinect voice command?

Or the voice commands are now region unlocked too? (register with Asia machine, Asia xbox live, set language to English)

Oh, I don't know, I don't have one. Useless machine for me. At least the PS4 has Resogun. Bah. Bad time to be a PC & console gamer, as there aren't any viable consoles this generation.

But I've tried to keep up-to-date with their region-locking, and haven't found anything to complain about yet (although - and I could be wrong - they do appear to have removed the ability to buy games from other regions using Paypal? I could do that a year ago on 360, but not this month, and I've read guides for buying from other regions on Xbone say that you can't use Paypal).

Better than the PS4 situation, where you need to match an account & DLC purchase to the region of your game disc (or game download, but I imagine that case wouldn't be much of a problem).

Better than the PC situation, where Deep Silver and Ubisoft (in particular) have started region-locking their games and game keys.

Better than the annoying situation on Wii U where they region-locked it like it's 1999 (I literally invested hours trying to understand the specifics of their region-locks earlier this year so that I could buy one... nope. Idiots), or the absolutely freaking ridiculousness of region-locking the hey-why-don't-you-travel-around-the-world-with-this-3DS-hey-now-don't-buy-anything-you-moron.

Hey, I guess we've discovered what the Xbone is best at. Region-freeness.

Except for Blu-Ray movies! /o\ SO... CLOSE...!

lol
X1 was announced as the most locked console and now its the most region-free console haha.

heck, even Sony still region lock the X/O button setting. (Asia console O as YES, US console O as NO). How hard it is just to add "Reverse XO button" setting?

the annoying thing is, Destiny ASIA region still use O as NO just like US games. So when i back and forth between dashboard and destiny, my mind completely messed up. This is very annoying in SHARE menu and Party invitation menu.

Back