Until Dawn [PS4]

So apparently this game is now running on the Killzone Shadowfall engine.

Looks mighty impressive.

Day One for me. Love this kind of game.

Oh yes please, the models and lighting look so life like they're really giving me that CG feel. This could be the American version of Siren but with more boobs and gores.

Doesn't grab me. The same old teen movie theme.
Have their been any teen movie video games? Looks interesting but like P.T. this isn't hugely appealing to me. But I could be wrong. Again (like Rime and The Tomorrow Children) it's difficult to judge the gameplay.

Eternal Darkness, Heavy Rain, I Know What You Did Last Summer, and the Saw films, put them all into a blender and it'll spit out Until Dawn, a third-person adventure-horror game running on the Killzone: Shadow Fall engine. This a cinematic thriller that jump-scared me no fewer than three times during a 20-minute playable demo, and I thank it for that.

Until Dawn for PS4 bears no resemblance to the game first shown two years ago. That's because developer Supermassive Games threw out what they had and brought in Hollywood writers to re-do the story, which, based on what's in the trailer and in the middle-of-the-game segment I played, revolves around a group of eight teenage friends who've started to go missing in the creepy bowels of a cabin during the winter.

131407764157jpg-0d2ab0_610w.jpg

271407764159jpg-0d2ab1_610w.jpg

The pics at IGN look good... damn good.

Animation is rough, it really breaks the immersion, Especially with such good graphics.
Though facial animations look promising.

Woooooow! I am starting to really dig this game!

^ must watch in 1080p

Beautiful beautiful visuals, nice gameplay, fast-pace movement, good tension. Even the characters are well done [for a game that is definetley not recieving top of the line budget]. Facial movement is not perfect, but I don't expect it to be. Wonky animation is there, but its rare and it does not matter much in grand scheme of things. Every adventure fan needs to check this 20min video out, It really puts the game into a new perspective.

I will play this, and hopefully Capcom will take notice of it. They could make absolutely kickass Resident Evil game with this style of gameplay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woooooow! I am starting to really dig this game!

Based on the reveal trailer at the Sony conference this did not appeal to me in the least but having watched the 24 min gameplay this is looking very interesting and a possible buy.

But that animation. :cry:

Wow the gameplay looks very pretty indeed, shame the animation isn't quite on par yet so hopefully it gets improved on release. I really like the Heavy Rain style interaction, it makes me feel more intimate and involved. A nice surprise Hayden Panettiere is in it too so I wouldn't worry too much about performance as long as the story is interesting. Yep a definite buy for me.

Yeah, poly count seems very high on the models and the lighting looks sublime. Makes me wonder what other improvements GG has made with their engine for their new ip.

thought the order had the best textile texture, but boy this is easily as good if you look at the fur shading on the hats and clothes, its even better than the order.

Lighting and shadows look great as well, also curious about what type of ao they are using, looks really good. I just hope the framerate holds up. GG engine looking good so far, hyping me up for Horizon even more :D

Back