Ryse 2 [XO/..?]

SlimJim

Banned
Seeing as it's not cancelled, and because talk of the franchise going multiplatform is not allowed in the current, Ryse1 thread. I thought I'd open up a new one.

I present a quote from the amazing Cevat Yerli; he is the boss of Crytek:

"As a launch title the trouble comes from the fact that there are – there are NDA-related materials I can't talk about – but the platform is being built at the same time we are building the game."

So, was it challenging? Definitely Ryse was one of the most challenging I have been involved in. And I have been involved from Far Cry forwards. It was a very tight development and definitely had its troubles. But are looking back at is a proud achievement.

Ryse was maybe not the best rated game, but what we achieved for launch was a great foundation for us to build up. I know there are a lot of gamers who are contacting me through different channels who want to see Ryse 2. There is a lot of positive feedback. We’re considering it.

We have a good relationship with Microsoft. We are constantly looking at what we can do together. We are not 100 per cent happy with Xbox One sales right now. So we want to wait till the current gen and next gen catches up. For Ryse 2, we aren't saying it's canceled. It's our IP. It just has to wait for the right timing. And the right timing means higher installed base across next-gen.

We can do whatever we want with it with whoever we want."

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15742-c...can-do-it-whoever-we-want-not-happy-xbox.html

I think Ryse2 will be amazing if they can tidy up the gameplay. 1080P would be awesome as well; the first one already had amazing image quality and that was at 900P.

Ryse1 is subtitled: "Son of Rome"; so for a sequel they could go anywhere.
I think "Ryse2: Father of Sparta" would be amazing; it could be every bit as bloody, if not more, and the Greek history is great as well.
Of course, the environments would not be as epic as Rome, that's for sure

Gameplay was not the problem with Ryse IMO, at least not the combat side. Sure, there was quite a slow learning curve for it, but once mastered, was very satisfying. It's a game that got knocked quite a bit I think unfairly. Really what it lacked, if trying to aspire to be an Arkham like game set during Roman times, were all the gadgets, abilities, and puzzles that provide a whole other layer or fun. Ryse actually bests Batman visually and in the straight up hand-to-hand combat areas, but falls way short on variety.

So unless they ditch the idea of a protagonist that is realistic in the sense that they are human with access to only the weapons and tech of the time, it severely limits the abilities of the player. Now if they start bringing in Gods to bestow special powers and gift items, then I think the game could do a lot more; but that type of fantasy strays pretty far from the realism they held to in Ryse 1.

I understand the point of the new thread, but the way it sounds we may have to wait till next gen to get a Ryse 2. As far as the premise of the next game they could really use any nation or empire that has a strong history of war. I could see it sort of taking the Assassins Creed route and switching time periods and countries with every release. I enjoyed Ryse alot it was beautiful as well as decent fun.
Hell it is the only Xbox One launch title I havent traded in because I still enjoy it.
I think Crytek has alot of things they have to get situated before they start work on a sequel.

Yeah, as cool as a sequel would be, it doesn't sound like Crytek is capable of making one right now.

It's probably better if they wait until the install base is much bigger. They really don't need to rush it. People will still remember Ryse two years from now. I think they should add more RPG elements into the sequel though.

I'd vote for them waiting. On top of that, it doesn't sound like they've started anything, and a sequel would take at least 2 years to develop and release.

It will be multiplatform for sure.
Most probably... People don't know what they are missing. I loved most of the game and the British Isles part is sooooo my favourite. Crazy good.

Ryse & Shyne!
I think this is the game with more potential of the new generation launch titles, by far.

The game is greater than it was credited for. We just need Crytek not to enter panic mode.

Back