Resident Evil 1 Remake Remastered

Character shading looks great:

2LTWZ3a.jpg

So did they change the rotate-and-move movement controls of the original game? Resident Evil was the first game I played since Adventure on the Atari 2600 that scared me - I used to be afraid of the dragons :yes:

On Resident Evil I could move around and navigate fine.. until a zombie appeared then I was all fingers and thumbs in panic :runaway:

So did they change the rotate-and-move movement controls of the original game? Resident Evil was the first game I played since Adventure on the Atari 2600 that scared me - I used to be afraid of the dragons :yes:

On Resident Evil I could move around and navigate fine.. until a zombie appeared then I was all fingers and thumbs in panic :runaway:

The first time I saw this... I was like "OH SNAP!" "Let me get the fu** up out of here". :runaway:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ng8h0s3KeU">YouTube Link</a> The first time I saw this... I was like "OH SNAP!" "Let me get the fu** up out of here". :runaway:

Ha! Yeah, it was the first PlayStation game I had that had real FMV with actual actors and with horror that briefly shocked me, as in "wow.. are they allowed to sell this?!" I'd never seen anything like it before. It certainly changed how I thought about games.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner.

Ha! Yeah, it was the first PlayStation game I had that had real FMV with actual actors and with horror that briefly shocked me, as in "wow.. are they allowed to sell this?!" I'd never seen anything like it before. It certainly changed how I thought about games.

Agreed. I'm hoping for a Resident Evil Zero remake as well. That game was outright gorgeous and fun on the GameCube.

Me neither. Taking down that nasty fucker just took way too many bullets. Even on easy.
I'm kinda psyched fot this game actually. I still have it on the GC, but the video signal quality on that machine is simply godawful. Looks absolutely horrible on HDTVs. I guess I could look into buying component cables, but the things were never released in Europe officially and go for absurd second hand prices if you manage to get your hands on one.

Hope they'll do RE:Zero as well. I quite liked it back then. Probably not going to happen, though, because for some odd reason the Resident Evil fanbase seems to hate every RE game where the main characters are developed beyond being tough, having the ability to pick a lot/ to not play the piano or dropping stupid one liners every now and then.

I have the GC version, but i'll also get the PS4 version just to support this game. those pre-rendered backrounds are going to look sweet as all hell in 1080p

The screenshots imply that the background videos (they were videos) are upscaled using a (n oil-) paint-like upscaling method

D-': x100

edit: even if they use a higher base-quality; it's still super upscaled :(

Back