Games with Gold: Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition can be downloaded 4 free now!

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
I downloaded it yesterday, and I LOVE this new Street Fighter game. I am thinking about upgrading to the Ultra Edition, if my best XBL friend chooses to do so.

If that was the case, I wonder if I can play with all my friends or random people online if they have the Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition and I upgrade to the Ultra Edition.

Does anyone know?

I downloaded it a few days ago. I didn't play the previous version enough to really tell the differences between characters, although the additional 4 characters were fun. I don't have a main character, but have been thinking about going with either Yang or Evil Ryu.

Gamertag is Timberwolf25 if you want to get some games on if you see me online.

I don't think you can play against Arcade Edition vs Ultra. I hear that the Ultra does let you play the previous versions, but I don't think it cross plays to older versions....could be wrong though.

I also tried Charlie Murder. It's a really weird title. I don't know if I'll continue to play it even though I like hack and slash type games.

The art style is a turn off even though I don't mind the gore.

I downloaded it a few days ago. I didn't play the previous version enough to really tell the differences between characters, although the additional 4 characters were fun. I don't have a main character, but have been thinking about going with either Yang or Evil Ryu.

Gamertag is Timberwolf25 if you want to get some games on if you see me online.

I don't think you can play against Arcade Edition vs Ultra. I hear that the Ultra does let you play the previous versions, but I don't think it cross plays to older versions....could be wrong though.
I sent you a friend request already. As for cross-play, I am starting to think it's not possible.

To be honest, I like this game so much that I want the Ultra version badly, but if my best friend doesn't get it I am going to stay with Arcade Edition. If she decides otherwise, I will definitely get Ultra.

Azbat, I haven't downloaded that game yet. A friend of mine asked me to download Warface instead. I don't know that the game is about, actually.

I downloaded this and it told me I need the Super SF4 disc to play it (which I have somewhere but would have to dig out). Is that true? Or did I somehow download the wrong thing or something?

So far this thread makes it seem like it's just a stand alone game which would be much nicer.

I just tried it with both the SSFIV disc in and out. It worked either way for me.
I played it directly from the games tab after filtering my list to full games only.

Hoped it helped. Also, if you want to get some games on add my GT: Timberwolf25

I sent you a friend request already. As for cross-play, I am starting to think it's not possible.

To be honest, I like this game so much that I want the Ultra version badly, but if my best friend doesn't get it I am going to stay with Arcade Edition. If she decides otherwise, I will definitely get Ultra.

Azbat, I haven't downloaded that game yet. A friend of mine asked me to download Warface instead. I don't know that the game is about, actually.

I think it will cross-play with Super Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition. I don't think you can cross-play with Ultra edition.

Weird, I downloaded it the other night then shut the Xbox off. When I went to my games tile later, it wasn't there at all. I went back to the download page for it, it had a "play" tile where the download tile normally is, proving I had downloaded it (also Xbox.com showed it as "purchased"). When I played it from the play tile, it gave a "insert Super Streetfigher 4 disc" type error. I ended up pinning it, and just now it plays from the pin fine with no insert disc error. Much better.

Ahh well some goofy bug.

Weird, I downloaded it the other night then shut the Xbox off. When I went to my games tile later, it wasn't there at all. I went back to the download page for it, it had a "play" tile where the download tile normally is, proving I had downloaded it (also Xbox.com showed it as "purchased"). When I played it from the play tile, it gave a "insert Super Streetfigher 4 disc" type error. I ended up pinning it, and just now it plays from the pin fine with no insert disc error. Much better.

Ahh well some goofy bug.

Cool

I wish MS implements a MS points credit system where if you already own a game that is offered via Games with Gold you get X amount of points. Many of the games that is offered free I already own.

Ahh well some goofy bug.
Yup, one of the weirdest bugs I've seen that doesn't have to do with the game's code itself.

It never asked for a disc in my case.

I am totally addicted to this game. Lately it is the only thing I play. I need to make the most out of free time for the next days because by July time is going to be at a prime in order to play games.

I've been playing some ranked games. I'm about 50-50 with wins/losses.

If you are playing ranked, don't be too intimidated by the PP (Player Points) or BP (Battle Points) your opponent has (unless they have a ton). I've beaten players with double/triple my points and lost to others with a little over zero.

Most of my games have been fairly smooth, but I've only been playing players with all green bars for their connection.

Do you think Microsoft might also be using this feeling out the user base to see how popular Streetfighter can be and if a Capcom IP purchase or outright company purchase would be worth it?

Console fighting games used to be king of competitive console multiplayer in the 90s and remained very dominant up until Halo really, but since then have taken a backseat to console fps multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing some ranked games. I'm about 50-50 with wins/losses.

If you are playing ranked, don't be too intimidated by the PP (Player Points) or BP (Battle Points) your opponent has (unless they have a ton). I've beaten players with double/triple my points and lost to others with a little over zero.

Most of my games have been fairly smooth, but I've only been playing players with all green bars for their connection.
I lost all the ranked games I played, gotta admit. :smile: I've been playing about everything, from green to yellow, but well, people out there is really good.

Maybe the fact that I lost some sensitivity -consequence of a Very deep cut, I had to be operated- left hand's thumb has something to do with it, but I don't play bad, it's just that people know a lot of great combos.

I got SSFIV Ultra Edition, btw. I shall check if there is cross-play between versions.

Pixel, well... I have lots of fighting games -on the X360 I have about everything, from Neo Geo Collection to Darkstalkers, SF3, etc- and sometimes their brief stories and...

Those really interesting storylines and character background make me enjoy them more than a lot of FPSs.

DarkStalkers, SSFIV and BlazBlue come to mind.

I lost all the ranked games I played, gotta admit. :smile: I've been playing about everything, from green to yellow, but well, people out there is really good.

Maybe the fact that I lost some sensitivity -consequence of a Very deep cut, I had to be operated- left hand's thumb has something to do with it, but I don't play bad, it's just that people know a lot of great combos.

I got SSFIV Ultra Edition, btw. I shall check if there is cross-play between versions.

Most of the games I win usually result from recognizing patterns early on in their style of play. The really good players do a good job of mixing it up. The really really great players tend to put me into traps that I'm guessing or am in an unblock-able situation.

Yup, one of the weirdest bugs I've seen that doesn't have to do with the game's code itself.

It never asked for a disc in my case.

I am totally addicted to this game. Lately it is the only thing I play. I need to make the most out of free time for the next days because by July time is going to be at a prime in order to play games.

Thing is as of last check it still does this "insert disc" error if I play it from "my games". If I play it from my pins though, it plays fine.

I wonder if it has anything to do with that ages and ages ago, I never did the license transfer thing when I changed Xbox's. Now on maybe like my 4th 360 (usually just upgrading only one RROD) and never did it out of lazyness. The only benefit IIRC is being able to play your downloaded games when not logged in, which isn't an issue that comes up often.

I always get some weird error when I initiate a download from Xbox.com from my PC too. Something about it being the wrong Xbox (again I assume license transfer), just makes you manually confirm the download on the 360 (which kinda defeats the purpose of initiating from PC) then it works.

Back