Nvidia's L33 FANS CONTEST

Uttar said:
The Baron said:
why must they use the term l33t... why, God, why...

I would go send off angry emails, but for now, I'm content to simply cry myself to sleep.

I know at least one person who has worked at NVIDIA and which seems to love the "l33t" term, too.
I suspect it might be sometype of strange cultural heritage, possibly mostly in their writer teams though.

Uttar
Well that makes a lot of sense to me. Leet speek always make me think the author is either a fanboy, poser, wanna-BBe, or some combination there of...I can see how that would fit some in nVidia's PR DePt... 8)

I have had some time to think about this and now realize this is going to SUCK!!.

All they are looking for is to get a butload of people who write in ATi hate mail and how bad they suck and why it caused them to Switch to Nvidia. Then they are going to post that crap all over the place.

Forget the fact that most of the Stuff will likely be over exagerated or flat made up just to try to Win or stand out.

Sad tactics b y Nvidia yet again.

Hellbinder said:
I have had some time to think about this and now realize this is going to SUCK!!.

All they are looking for is to get a butload of people who write in ATi hate mail and how bad they suck and why it caused them to Switch to Nvidia. Then they are going to post that crap all over the place.

Forget the fact that most of the Stuff will likely be over exagerated or flat made up just to try to Win or stand out.

I'll submit one stating how happy I am with my 9800XT and that I'm glad NVIDIA produced it. I mean, NVIDIA is the graphics leader so the 9800XT must have come from them, right? :D

-FUDie

FUDie said:
Hellbinder said:

I'll submit one stating how happy I am with my 9800XT and that I'm glad NVIDIA produced it. I mean, NVIDIA is the graphics leader so the 9800XT must have come from them, right? :D
-FUDie

nice one :)

If these people write in "l33t speak", then I almost wish they do that... I can't imagine what analysts would have to say if Nvidia made a Press Release about what their l33t f4nBas3 has to say...

"BUt teH R4d30n si d4 sUx0rZ !!! It si t3h 3v1l aNd iT bl3w uP mY m0niToR !!! AnD d4 Cat4lSyt drIv3rZ 3.8 dey sUx t00 and mY 0vArcl0cKeD Rad3oN meLt3D mY PC afTeR iNst4lLing Dem !!!"

l33t_cereal.jpg

CorwinB said:

If these people write in "l33t speak", then I almost wish they do that... I can't imagine what analysts would have to say if Nvidia made a Press Release about what their l33t f4nBas3 has to say...

"BUt teH R4d30n si d4 sUx0rZ !!! It si t3h 3v1l aNd iT bl3w uP mY m0niToR !!! AnD d4 Cat4lSyt drIv3rZ 3.8 dey sUx t00 and mY 0vArcl0cKeD Rad3oN meLt3D mY PC afTeR iNst4lLing Dem !!!"

l33t_cereal.jpg

Hehehe I made my desk shake I laughed so hard

:LOL:

FUDie said:

I guess Intel could have made it, seeing as they are nVidia's biggest competitor? ;)

It's amazing how every time Nvidia PR open their mouths, they make the whole company look like it's run by chimpanzees. This "l337" competition just shows how out of touch Nvidia still are. I bet it's been thought up by the same people who thought that the dustbuster and (it's associated jet engine noise) would be some kind of desireable badge of "l337-ness" by the buying public.

Jensun, if you're reading this, sack the whole PR and Marketing Department. Sack them right now. Every move they make just damages your company more and more. Every product you put out that is designed and driven by your Marketing Dept just puts another nail in your company's coffin.

Every product you put out that is designed and driven by your Marketing Dept just puts another nail in your company's coffin.

Most stores can't keep 5950's or 5700's on the shelf, I don't think so...old habits (consumer mindshare) never die especially seeing their logo on every PC title released.

Doomtrooper said:
Every product you put out that is designed and driven by your Marketing Dept just puts another nail in your company's coffin.

Most stores can't keep 5950's or 5700's on the shelf, I don't think so...old habits (consumer mindshare) never die especially seeing their logo on every PC title released.

Yes, mindshare gained before NV30 (before Nvidia became a marketing driven company) and slowly drifitng away since then, because of all the associated idiocy. This kind of mindshare has an inertia, and Nvidia have been drifting along on this ever decreasing brand loyalty for the last 18 months. Once it's gone and those loyal consumers start going to competitors (as has been happening since the disasterous NV30), there is just as much inertia holding midshare back.

Bear in mind that in order to try and keep a place in the market, Nvidia are accepting much lower margins on their products. Every NV3x they sell at minimal margins hurts Nvidia down the line, but subsidising these cards and relying on past goodwill seems to be the only thing they have in left in addition to whatever the next stupid idea from Burke and Perez is.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
in left in addition to whatever the next stupid idea from Burke and Perez is.
"Take a picture of yourself giving a wedgie to some ATi putz to win a shiny nVidia case badge!"

Hehehe, thanks Dave. I thought about sending off a 3000 word essay to nVIDIA to why I switched to Ati, just so I can see the reply I may get. :LOL:

NVIDIA said:
NVIDIA is looking for its L33T FANS!

...Contest is open to legal residents of the United States and Canada, who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.

So "l33t" fans over 18 years old... quite possibly the world's most sociologically retarded sub-culture.

MuFu.

Hellbinder said:
Surely you mean "5ad" tactics? :)

BTW Those who've been around a while probably remember the "jive" and "valspeak" text filters. I wonder if anyone has done one for the "l33t" stupidity :D

BeS7 Sw17ch StorY Ca¯|¯egory ? Wuz J00 o|\|(e 4 |_0y/-\l custOmer of 4 compet17or bUt s][nc3 w][Sed up /-\nd ma|)e t3H Switc|-|? 4re joo |\|Ow a s/-\T][sfi3D c(_)s70m3R @n|) w0nder why JoO evEr boTe|-|ReD wi¯|¯H a|\|y7hI|\|g 0TE|-|r 7|-|@N An |\|V1DI4-b4S3d Gr/-\p|-|iCS (@rd? !f ThIs Sounds |_i3k jOo, |_oLz, $Ubmit @ p|-|o+0 0f joo'ss3lF An|) An es$4y dESCr!b1ng Wu7 j0()'s e><peRieNc3 wuz L1e|< beF()re aN|) Af+eR joo m4d3 teH switC|-| ¯|¯o NV!D!4. W1NnerS w1l|_ Be cHO$3N b4seD ()|\| t3|-| f0llo\/\/][ng cR173r14: (60%) orig1nalI+y/cre4t1v1ty, L()|_z, (20%) "fit" wit|-| TeH ()veralL 7ehmE, LOLz, anD (20%) ()n |-|Ow welL joO 4rti(|_|L4¯|¯ed tEh $¯|¯0Ry. L1mIT 0ne pHo7o ? m1ni/\/\|_|M resoLu7][on 600x600, L0LZ, f1le s1zE Max!m(_)M l!m1t 1MB. Es$4y m@><i/\/\U/\/\ ch@Rac73rS 3000 w!¯|¯|-| sp4cEs.

Translated to leet by my program, Leet Speak 2.0a (which I still haven't posted on my web page yet, sorry.. I'll do that this afternoon.)

So, what's the alternative l33t name for "Beyond3D"?

I would suggest b3y0nDz2D (the typical l33t has problems counting up to 3...)

BTW, the strange thought occurs me that some times after ATI sponsors a "Write your DX9 shader" competition (together with b3y0nDz2D), Nvidia counters with a l33tspeak contest... Talk about improving the bottom line and knowing your customer base...

zsouthboy: j00r l337 15 1nc0n51573n7 w17h 1753lf. c0n51d3r r3wr1t1ng j00r tr4n5l4t0r, f00. j00r 7'5 l00k 35p3c14lly un-l337.

...my own brand. :)

Back