World Cup 2014

I think losing Neymar affected them too negatively and then after they conceded the1st goal they began collapsing and each goal made them collapse further.
That is it.
My viewpoint.
1- The team is in fragile psychological state. Too much emotion and tears.
2 - Felipe gambled trying to have a better and more open attack (high tempo and more technical).
3 - The team is locked, not light and fast.
4 - Come the first goal because of defensive failure.
5 - More defensive failure and come the second goal.
6 - The team feel they lost the game and the wold cup.
7 - Panic and colapse.
8 - 4 goals in a few minutes.
9 - Game and World Cup is over.

Lose to Germany is not a shame.
But the world´s most expensive team playing like that is total humiliation.

Kind of felt bad after last night. I never doubted that Germany would pull through - they're just too organized as a team and very offensive, yet at the same time very solid defence. Against an offensive team like Brazil, I expected them to do well. I also didn't think Brazil played all that convincing until the KO rounds. Was very impressed how they started the game though - they were on fire - and I was kind of wondering if my earlier prediction would prove untrue. Then that first goal kind of sealed the deal, similar to how it did against Argentina during the last world cup or against Portugal.

Feel sorry for the fans and Brazil. It would have been good for them to at least score a few goals, but going down 7-1 in a semi in front of your home crowd is just crazy. :(

I honestly don't think there's much stopping Germany from winning this years world cup. I think their style of game would be quite effective against Argentina. However if Netherlands pulls through, I think we could be in for a surprise. Netherlands are always good for surprise matches. Still think Germany is the favorite (if they don't let such a semi get into their heads that is).

I think that the victors in the other game will probably beat Germany. The German defence is greatly lacking in pace (as their group game against Ghana showed) and I think a better and quicker team than Brazil will cause them serious problems at the back. Of course, the Germans have some very skilful and clever midfielders and attackers so will always remain a threat.

In particular, I think Robben could cause havoc against the German defence. The question is whether or not they will get past Messi and Co? I'm not expecting a classic match tonight as I think it will be a tight game but hope we get an early goal to open things up a bit.

As for last night's match, one very telling stat that popped up on the screen after 65 minutes or so was the total distance run by each team. The German stat was almost 20% higher than that of the Brazil team which is absolutely remarkable at this level, given the occasion. Brazil can rarely have fielded such a pedestrian team with so little threat up front. It's become a bit of a joke in the UK media about how utterly useless Fred has been for Brazil this tournament and Hulk and the other forwards aren't too far ahead of him either.

I think Messi isn't playing tonight? EDIT: never mind, he is.

its not that bad 3rd most expensive
http://www.statista.com/statistics/268728/value-of-the-national-teams-at-the-2010-world-cup/
ignore the title its 2014 rates, brail making the semis is "what should of happened" now spain OTOH hahaha now thats an overvalued team
Maybe the value changed to lower.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/christinasettimi/2014/06/22/the-most-expensive-world-cup-teams/
...the Most Expensive World Cup Team valued at $718 million

But I bet you can buy this bunch of losers for $1

Never mind Neymar, yesterday proved the most important player on the brazilian team is Thiago Silva.

PSG paying £50M for David Luiz is a f*cking joke.

Cheers

10404195_778078245565648_9085192608344046154_n.png

It's interesting to note that Argentina is in the final after scoring only two goals in the knockout phase, excluding penalties. For a team with arguably the best striker in the world, that's a bit underwhelming. I guess they're efficient, though.

Wow, that was a pretty boring game. It really, really needed an early goal to open things up but as it stood, there was barely a shot on goal throughout all 120+ minutes.

I suppose the attacking options for the Dutch team were rather limited and, with Robben smothered, they really didn't have any other threat. Argentina on the other hand are a team less than the sum of their parts. Some excellent players never quite combining well enough.

I have to say that I worry the Final will be similar to last night. The Germans have more attacking options and creativity from midfield so perhaps they can be more of a threat but their defence is weaker than that of the Dutch so that could work against them.

The Third Place match might actually be a decent one this time as neither team has anything to lose and Brazil have a lot to prove.

Back