Who 'won' E4 2014? *spawn

Although I am more of a PS/XB guy I will say that that Nintendo won this E3. They came with many surprises all of which were pretty decent. Surprises include third party exclusives, good Nintendo franchises returning like Star Fox and some new creative and fan ideas emerging. Not so big surprises but still delightful returns is Zelda which looks gorgeous and from how things appear it oozes quality
Sony and MS showed almost nothing we didnt expect if any.

Sony's conference disappointed me greatly compared to last year's. It was a terrible conference compared to MS's. I was really looking forward to seeing some reveals of new games or games coming down the pipeline. Nope. We get the multimedia crap. Has Sony learned nothing or did they let a bunch of morons plan their conference? I really want Cerny at the forefront from now on. That man knows how to articulate his vision in a passionate manner that is enjoyable to watch. These corporate drones Sony had were boring and lacking the personality and passion.

I assume that Sony have projects/titles which they'd rather announce after Morpheus is finalized and gets a release date.

In terms of personnel, in 2013 they were selling a dream, in 2014 they're selling a product - IMHO Cerny wouldn't be in his element... but if/when morpheus approaches launch they'll return to 'selling a dream' so we might see the tech guys rolled out again?

Surprisingly, i actually thought nobody embarrassed themselves this time thankfully. Nintendo had a great showing with bayonetta, zelda, smash and Xenoblade.

I liked the sony presser where we finally got to see project beasts, TLOU remaster and since a majority of the third party games im getting on ps4, exclusive count didnt really bother me.

and for microsoft, they had one of the best gaming deals for 60 dollars i ever saw, with halo collection(really, makes me angry i paid for halo anniversary and halo 4 both at full price), along with kamiya's new game, and project spark.

It really is a good time to be a gamer.

Sony, no question. Yeah they went on a bit about tv, but there was a ton of content at their conference that wasn't matched by the others. Also, the announcement regarding playing Far Cry 4 multiplayer for free is a very important one indeed.

He'll be delivering the keynote speech along with Andrew House at Develop 2014. I'm looking forward to it and hope it is available online.

With Andrew House on the same stage ? Then it may be high level corporate speak, and/or developer treatment. Would be more interesting if someone talk about how they made the U4 trailer, plus charts showing run-time states.

IMO the B3D mod team won. E3's boringness meant no controversial megatons, no influx of crazed noobs, and no manic management of exploding threads full of madness.

:mrgreen:

They may want to reserve some bullets for Amazon, Apple and Google's announcements in fall.

And Project Spark definitely has me interested. I'm going to be following up on this over the next few months. Thank you AzBat for piquing my interest in this title.

You're welcome! I can't wait to play with it myself. Tried it out on my wife's Win8 machine & it was way too slow to even play. Hopefully the 360 version will be out soon.

Tommy McClain

From a twitch streaming on Xbox account:

wkWoPqm.jpg

xD

Ori was my game of the show, what's yours?

Sunset Overdrive, I like it too much.

For me:

No Man's Sky

Bloodbourne

Ori and the Blind Forest

in no particular order.

Special Nod to MS for having a gaming focused conference, which convinced me to buy a X1 - they are back on track!

dumbo11, it matters not to me that Sony is selling the product. Cerny would have been a good choice because PS4 is his baby and him being on stage would likely have resulted in a better conference. The PS4 should still be marketed as a dream come reality and if they had that attitude at the conference it would have come off better. Just saying Sony should know better, and had better get better at this.

patsu, the subject matter of the speech will be the history of Playstation, gaming in general, and what the next 100 years will look like from I guess Sony's perspective. Every time I've seen Cerny in an interview or a speech the man makes me like him all the more. I have confidence this keynote will be no different and hopefully the half that is Cerny will be able to outshine the dullness of House. Who knows, maybe House won'tbe so boring or arrogant this time around. Here's a link to an article about it.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/12/5709130/develop-2014-sony-andrew-house-mark-cerny-ps4

Azbat, I've looked at more Project Spark content across different sites and after reading a few impressions I'm even more interested. I'll be getting this for the XB1. It looks awesome.

One other feeling that has vanished from me since seeing the MS conference is the feeling of being pissed off they dropped Kinect as part of the core machine. I'm not saddened by this and now think it was a good move on their part. If it means more systems in the hands of gamers then that means more games coming my way! If I hadn't already purchased an XB1 at launch last year then I'd be picking one up for sure now.

Sony's conference was bogged down with that nonsense TV stuff and the silly executive talk.

MS presented game after game, giving us a sense of giving us what we want and moved seamlessly

The Halo reveal was top peg stuff too especially that it's coming this year

I don't think we have winner this year. I mean all conferences are from good to ok, but content and big suprises were missing. Microsofts and EA's style for games, games and more games is way to go... but it really shows if one lags behind in development (EA basically got nothing new ready). Ubi had it's usual offbeat conference, but again, totally new games and IPs were lacking.

While I'm happy that GTA5 was announced in Sonys conference, I don't think it's enough for me to give 'em win.

Nintendo is default winner for not playing :cool:

For me:

No Man's Sky

Bloodbourne

Ori and the Blind Forest

in no particular order.

Special Nod to MS for having a gaming focused conference, which convinced me to buy a X1 - they are back on track!
No Man's Sky for me too. It looks amazing. I'm worried that the team is too small to make the game truly great though.

Microsoft's organisation was definitely the strongest, even if they haven't sold me an Xbox One yet.

ubisoft won E3 for me, followed by nintendo.

ACu, FC4, and epecially TD and R6s looks awesome.

i also blown away with zelda and squid-man-girl shooter

Back