Finally!!! PC Drivers for the Xbox One controller are available. No need for adapters

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
It's totally hassle free if you have the Play & charge kit which includes the USB cable. (no need for the wireless adapter)

I have two Xbox One controllers and I can't wait to play my PC games and emulators on this gamepad.

The Xbox One controller is in my opinion, one of the best gamepads yet made. Once you get used to it, even the X360 doesn't feel the same.

Compared to the X360 controller, I think only the LB and RB feel worse, everything else is better, imo.

Major Nelson has published the link to download the 32 bits and the 64 bits drivers for the controller.

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/p...-one-controller-available-now/?linkId=8424381

Driver isn't up on windows update yet?

Usually MS is good with stuff like that, you attach the peripheral and windows automatically downloads and installs the software for it.

Wooot, awesome, I've been SOOOOOOOO waiting for this.

And probably this fall/winter I'll update my HTPC to be better able to play the current/next gen games at medium quality at which point I'll get another Xbox One controller.

Driver isn't up on windows update yet?

Usually MS is good with stuff like that, you attach the peripheral and windows automatically downloads and installs the software for it.

Evidently they will be putting it into Windows Update soon. I'm guessing there's some process they have to go through to get it onto the update service. So this is just to get it out there ASAP.

Regards,
SB

And probably this fall/winter I'll update my HTPC to be better able to play the current/next gen games at medium quality at which point I'll get another Xbox One controller.

Don't really need a kickass HTPC for games, at least for Steam. The streaming works fantastic.

Don't really need a kickass HTPC for games, at least for Steam. The streaming works fantastic.

Yeah I had a brief play with this the other day between my desktop and laptop, impressive indeed. No real need for a HTPC at all, just a laptop that can video out into the TV and then stream to the laptop.

Well I still definitely need a HTPC dedicated to TV, movies etc. without having to use a laptop. I definitely wouldn't want cables going to the TV from my lap and I don't have WiDi or similar.

Just played 2 hours of Co-op Borderlands 2 with the Xbox One controller with the new PC Drivers.... really really nice, it's vast improvement over the 360 pad I was using before :)

its only wired or also wireless?

Also interested in this.

The community drivers for Dual Shock 4 are getting spectacular. We have bluetooth and wired support, X-Input and the controller's touchpad can even be used to emulate a laptop touchpad to navigate menus and inventories with a "mouse".

Also interested in this.

The community drivers for Dual Shock 4 are getting spectacular. We have bluetooth and wired support, X-Input and the controller's touchpad can even be used to emulate a laptop touchpad to navigate menus and inventories with a "mouse".

Point me to a link?

its only wired or also wireless?
As Grall pointed out already, it's just for wired controllers for now, since those are very early drivers.

I'd expect wireless support via Bluetooth or via an adapter later down the road.

Please don't make it need dongle again... Just release windows 8.1.1.1 to support wifi direct please...

It's fun to disassemble broken xbox 360 and salvage it's wireless dongle to be soldered with USB plug.. But it doesn't have bloody sync button :/ (use the broken xbox to sync)

And the game pad wireless USB dongle is not only expensive, but also no one selling it.

And the game pad wireless USB dongle is not only expensive, but also no one selling it.

There are loads of cheap 3rd party ones on Amazon. I'm using one atm, was only about a tenner and has been working perfectly for months now (after the official one stopped working).

If true then it's a complete fail compared to the original XB360 pad IMO.

Orignal had to use a special dongle because of the hardware security and encryption built into the X360 controller. I'd expect you'd need the same thing for the XB1 controller. I'd expect a special "PC" XB1 controller package (similar to the X360 pad) with a custom wireless dongle at some point in the future now that the drivers are done.

Regards,
SB

Orignal had to use a special dongle because of the hardware security and encryption built into the X360 controller. I'd expect you'd need the same thing for the XB1 controller. I'd expect a special "PC" XB1 controller package (similar to the X360 pad) with a custom wireless dongle at some point in the future now that the drivers are done.

Regards,
SB

Hopefully! :)

I never liked the 360-PC dongle, it was gigantic, PC-beige-ugly and hung on a cord. If it'd been a tiny plug like bluetooth transcievers typically are, then it'd been a different matter. If MS makes another dongle for xbone pad I hope it too isn't huge or hangs on a cord.

Back