Doom [2016]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Legend
Ok people, this time its for real. :D Beta codes were given away with the Wolfenstein: The New Order preorders, and game will be fully unveiled at Quakecon in a month.

Nice teaser, I presume it was made by Blur studios [Zenimax likes them].

Ok people, this time its for real. :D Beta codes were given away with the Wolfenstein: The New Order preorders, and game will be fully unveiled at Quakecon in a month.

Nice teaser, I presume it was made by Blur studios [Zenimax likes them].

yup, I am ready, all set up to download the beta on my PS4

This is just a CGI trailer. Any idea which engine they will use ? Another attempt to squeeze some more life out of ID Tech5 ?

I'm assuming idTech5 which means we'll be getting 2016 artwork and design with 1995 textures.

I'm assuming idTech5 which means we'll be getting 2016 artwork and design with 1995 textures.

Machine Games is smaller studio than iD, so I hope that even if they use iDTech5 they will have great texture work [i liked that they done with Rage].

However, Doom is a game that requires excellent atmospheric and dynamic lightning. That was something that was missing from both Rage and Wolfenstein.

We dont actually know what is achievable with Idtech5. Its hasnt been licensed out to everyone and their mother like past Idtech. We have only seen Rage and Wolfenstein.

Yes, I think the full potential of the iDTech hasn't been fully realised. Nice trailer, my favourite part is the door's sound. :smile2:

Tech5 should have no particular limitations technically to prevent dynamic/moody lighting - if Doom needs it, it should be able to have it. I really really doubt that D4 will get beaten lighting-wise by its ten year older sibling, that Cannot Happen. :p

AFAICR dynamic lighting was too expensive when Rage was being produced. With nextgen as the target who knows maybe they decided to include it and worked out some more efficiencies.

Rage targetted DX9, I'm sure post-ish DX11 in today's consoles (and generally, PCs too) has more flexibility in that regard.

Doom [not Doom 4] was unveiled few minutes ago at Quakecon [no videos outside of convention]. Game uses new IdTech 6, its fast paced, ultra gory, and full of action. :D

owbums.png

http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/17/5913883/doom-4-quakecon-reveal

Id tech 6? This the first time is been mentioned as actually being used or in a state useful for development?

WTF is the logic of showing a demo behind closed doors and then let all the journalists come outside and tell the world what they've seen in the demo but no one else will be seeing it?
They either sign an NDA in order to launch a piece at the same time as the video is released to the public or they release it to the public on day one.

Anyway, wasn't Doom 3 a reboot too, at least story-wise? This part sounded like something Zenimax demanded and not something id wanted to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back