The Annual E3 Nintendo Non-Event press conference thread, 2014 edition

OH MY GOD Nintendo, i never though i will be this excited with Nintendo games. It was an awesome show and wow crazy opening.

and that new zelda! awesome graphic, then it also have X...

omg i never imagined that Nintendo's E3 that make me so hyped.
nice intro, nice "documentary style", awesome game offers.

that zelda graphic!

Going by EG's highlights, the majority of announcements were for 2015. Is this true? Is there really nothing much of worth headed for Wii U this year?

yes. "2015" for all games except smash bros i think...
and the funny thing is, in the end of 2014 Wii U will already be pirated :/

sure it will boost hardware sale but i hope it did not heavily kill game sales.

So there's literally no point in buying a Wii U in 2014. Not even Nintendo are supplying games to it. And then Nintendo hope there'll be a Wii U install base to buy these games in 2015??

wiiu_zelda_scrn01_e3uausf.png

:oops:

So there's literally no point in buying a Wii U in 2014. Not even Nintendo are supplying games to it. And then Nintendo hope there'll be a Wii U install base to buy these games in 2015??

We are already half way through 2014 and SSB and Mario Kart are pretty desireable including the already solid library. Best E3 conference for me and I'm a Sony guy.

Very pretty. Has an SotC vibe, before the alien death thing arrives! Grass is impressive. I presume that's a fancy shader. Models otherwise aren't amazing. It's a shame Nintendo persist in running outdated tech. Think how truly awesome they'd look on good hardware!

yeah when i saw that zelda trailer in nintendo's E3 video, i quickly imagined what if they made it for multiplatform. how beautiful it will be.

even Zelda on Wii already looks like a "moving" painting on PC.

Very pretty. Has an SotC vibe, before the alien death thing arrives! Grass is impressive. I presume that's a fancy shader. Models otherwise aren't amazing. It's a shame Nintendo persist in running outdated tech. Think how truly awesome they'd look on good hardware!
I hate to say this, but going 3rd party would be a boost for them. That is amazing!

The new zelda looks really good but just like everyone else I wonder what
Nintendo could do if their team had the hardware CD Projekt Red is working with.

Btw does all zelda game always follow the same-ey story?

i think i payed zelda something something on NDS and zelda skyward on Wii, and i felt de-ja-vu with the story. Its like Zelda and Link is trapped in a parallel universe that keeps repeating.

I'll probably end up getting Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Smash Bros, and maybe Bayonetta 2 this year.

New Zelda looks great. Mario Maker looks like it could be fun.

The new zelda looks really good but just like everyone else I wonder what
Nintendo could do if their team had the hardware CD Projekt Red is working with.

How much experience would those team members have with such hardware? These are folks that are generally used to much lower-end systems and not used to working with massive bandwidth, memory and shader power?

Btw the kid icarus anime by shaft is really trolling me. I thought they will release new kid icarus game but noooooo, it just palutena in smash bros

I think it were amazing games. Is it possible that Nintendo will cost reduce/redesign the Wii U for a 2015 re-launch as a small, super cheap system with amazing games??

Btw reading zelda-formula comments:
I just created this scenario for a Zelda game;
You start to play as a grown link-like looking character in normal clothes, he has a family and is a good dad, going hunting for food in a kind of darkish setting... you fight criminals and defeat them (but it's not clear for the player that he is actually killing or even devouring them) so after a while, out of nowhere a small boy comes and attacks you.. so the twist is.. you were playing as a proto- ganondorf all along! and the boy is link who is trying to kill you :p

Just to please the critics and to mix the formula up.

Btw the kid icarus anime by shaft is really trolling me. I thought they will release new kid icarus game but noooooo, it just palutena in smash bros
I kind of suspected it was smash-related as soon as Link got involved. He wouldn't be in a Kid Icarus game.

Thought I read somewhere on the internets there would be a Star Fox announcement, but Reggie eye-lasered that neckbeard heckler who asked about it, and I saw nothing else Starfox-related (other than maybe some SF character appearing in a smashbros melee somewhere), so what's up with that really?

Zelda - best Nintendo game shown, no contest. Hyrule Warriors: totally unimpressive, looks like a bad early xbox/PS3 game. Even the characters are barely average and the background levels themselves look terrible. Blocky, uninspiring geometry and blurry textures. Bad, bad, bad overall, this game needs a visual overhaul immediately, but it launches this autumn, so not much hope of that I think.

Bayonetta looks good, but the rapid cuts in all the demos they've shown of it makes it hard to judge exactly how good or how well the game might play. Bit annoying I must say! Mecha game looks good, not AS good as bayonetta perhaps (scope may be bigger though, they're not exactly the same genre so it might be a poor comparison).

Yoshi game looks great and cute and shit, not my style of game though so I'll never play it. The sound effects are fairly hilarious until you get tired of them I suppose and then you want to start smashing things around you every time you hear them... :p (Or maybe that's just me? Heh.)

Toad game was unexpected, but...hey. Looks nice, much like that new Mario World/Galaxy whatever, I can't tell 'em apart anymore. The levels have that dyed ceramic/plastic type look about them, kind of looks like food in a way, makes me want to break off chunks and eat them. :p Design is very solid, gameplay looks solid. Again, not my type of game so won't play. I REALLY REALLY wish Nintendo would make some fucking mature games - and no, I don't mean simply blood and guts flying everywhere, but ANYthing where you don't play cuddly fairy tale creatures/stuffed toys, with just normal, realistic-looking graphics.

They have the technical skill, but the will is lacking. It's like they've decided that comicbook style graphics and gameplay is all they do, ever. Makes me sad.

No Metroid Prime re-make announced also makes me sad. Would be THE best thing ever, together with the Gamecube controller adapter (which they didn't show off either.) No indie presentation. Weren't they lauded for their indie-friendlyness? So maybe should have talked some about what's coming this year, then. It's not as if they had a shitload of announcements lined up themselves...

The introduction made me facepalm somewhat by the way. I can see their angle though; so the wuu took it on the chin sales-wise, company profits tanked. Not sure that's the best time to go all self-deprecating-humor in the biggest announcement video of the year though, but whatever. I'm just one guy on the internet so it doesn't really matter. Maybe others enjoyed it, and it WAS very un-Nintendo-like anyway, so hey... Maybe they are trying to change after all. Some of the animated intermissions made me LOL IRL anyway, so perhaps I'm just a big ole hypocrite... :LOL:

Back