The Annual E3 Microsoft press conference thread, 2014 edition

So what was the
'Microsofts biggest surprise ever megaton' that was going to be shown at e3
I heard the explosion from here but cant find details of what caused it

So what was the
As I've said before, there are no such things as E3 megatons. E3's a damp squib.

I'm excited about Crackdown. What was the best thing shown though??

So what was the

The surprise is there isn't one this time.

Good show. All games all the time

Forza Horizon
Crackdown
Halo ce-4? 1080/60 100 maps mix and match multiplayer?

Crazy

Thank you!

so... it seems the only thing that surprises me in this MS E3 is the awesome indie games :D
other big budget game already revealed before E3 :/

I really liked the humble Microsoft at the beginning of the conference. The games were great as well: it was good advertisement for multi-platform games.
Timed exclusive content for almost every multi-platform game was a smart move as well.

Halo looked absolutely phenomenal. All the debris had me wondering is this game will use Cloud computing technology.
Sunset Overdrive had amazing graphics as well; the cutscene was borderline CGI, with animation that would not have looked out of place in a pixar movie.
The quality of my stream was pretty bad, but still, those 2 games shined through.

All in all a pretty solid conference. I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars

New Call of Duty looked interesting. More like Halo. Might get me to finally play COD game for the first time. Also like Sunset Overdrive, Assassin's Creed Unity, Project Spark, Halo Master Chief Collection($60 for 4 games, a Halo 5 beta & TV mini-series? Wow) & Crackdown. But nothing that will make me buy a new console this year. Too bad no Red Dead announcement. :( Also, wasn't excited about Phantom Dust or the exclusive from Platinum either. :/

BTW, there were other things that didn't get into the briefing...

Happy Wars for Xbox One & cross platform play with 360.
D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die(3rd Kinect game behind Fantasia & Dance Central: Spotlight)
new Achievements app for XB1
Crackdown is suppose to get city-wide destructable environments according to post-briefing

Tommy McClain

Good show. All games all the time

Forza Horizon
Crackdown
Halo ce-4? 1080/60 100 maps mix and match multiplayer?

Crazy

Thank you!
Forza Horizon 2 impressed me.

Forza 5 Nurburgring, 30 artists, 13000 hours work is also impressive. :smile:

The new game from the creator of Zelda... OH MY...

I only missed Rare, :unsure: gotta admit, but I think now that Kinect is not the focus they are switching priorities and will begin with their classics soon, that's for next year. :)

A decent conference overall.

um.... Halo 2?
My gosh, lots of memories are going to pile up in my head. It was my first game of my first console. :cry:

The online was loved by everyone, casuals -some of my friends, for instance- and core alike.

zed, I expected Microsoft to buy Sega. It isn't happening but dreaming is free.

MS pressconf was... little over average. Tons of expected [leaked] titles, a lot of CGIs, not a single megaton. They played it very safe.

Back