Forza Horizon 2 on the horizon! [XO,X360]

impressive draw distance I suppose?

lol not sure what to say, I don't think we saw anything at all.

Aliasing looks unchanged from FM5

forzahorizon4qzcmh.jpg

Sponges...LOL

Edit: No way that is real audio right?

Forza 5 for me just has horrible audio, so hoping Playground can/did tweak it. Need to hire some of the SimBin audio team. ;p

It's eerie how much it looks like DriveClub; the camera motion, viewports, the perspective: it's almost as if somebody took drive club and changed some of the settings, :p , creating a cartoony open world version in the process. It looks to be really fun, especially the off-round parts

It's eerie how much it looks like DriveClub; the camera motion, viewports, the perspective: it's almost as if somebody took drive club and changed some of the settings,
My first thought! :) They look more similar than they are different. Of course Horizon has off road which is a great addition and we don't really know how open DC's world is.

It's eerie how much it looks like DriveClub; the camera motion, viewports, the perspective: it's almost as if somebody took drive club and changed some of the settings, :p , creating a cartoony open world version in the process. It looks to be really fun, especially the off-round parts

DriveClub?! Did you ever played FH before? Also did you said cartoony?! :oops:

DriveClub?! Did you ever played FH before? Also did you said cartoony?! :oops:

I looked up some videos and indeed; it is drive club that looks like FH, aside from missing the open world aspect. With cartoony I meant stylised.. I guess? It's opposite of photo realistic.
I measure photo realism in games by the amount I need to squint before it looks like real life. Highly photo realistic games require only very little amount. When I am at maximum squint level, if the colours and lighting still look like a game; then I'd label it as cartoony.

Though this is in no way a disrespect to Forza Horizon; it a certain look that the developers carefully chose. Cartoony/stylised is in no way inferior or superior to high levels of photo realism, it's just a different visual style. And I think it fits this game really well.

Back