Freeing up the Kinect Reservation *spawn*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cars and other objects in the circuit has dynamic shadows and none of those games that you named aren't 1080p with stable frame rate like FM5, if FM5 is running always at 60fps (without single frame drop) it's because that it's always rendering higher than 60fps, its minimum frame rate is 60fps while minimum frame rate of those games is around 40-50 fps and FM5 has it's own problem to solve (for example physics engine that running at 360fps).

As I said FM5 is a racing game with it's own problem to solve. It's not like every one can make a racing sim with FM5 visual fidelity that runs at lock 60fps @ 1080p (specially on XB1). .

Yes it's locked on 60fps at 1080p but it has low poly models (on par with last gen versions) and mediocre textures. It's a semi open world game and has dynamic shadows/lighting but MGS5:GZ doesn't seems really as a current gen title to me, it's a lunche cross-gen game.

I can't understand reasons behind comparing Resogun and Strider to FM5.

@Allandor
My bad. ;)

Low poly models is still 3D models when Forza 5 has 2D crowds.

MGS5 is still open world game with decent lighting and decent AA. It's the only console game doing that whatever how you spin it. And the game can be really beautifull on some areas and the lighting very impressive.

Forza 5 has good car models but pre-baked lighting and no AA or limited AA on some elements like cars (like the way Need for speed does it, MSAA only on some models). On many technical parts, Forza 5 is a full HD downgraded Forza 4.

I can't understand reasons behind comparing Resogun and Strider to FM5

Same for Forza 5. We can't undestand reasons behind comparing Resogun (tons of lighting, most impressive physics seen on a console game, good AA) and Forza 5: repetitive textures, jaggies fest, prebaked lighting, 2D crowds.

This 10% GPU boost will realistically mean that games that are 720p/900p or 792p/900p or 900p/1080p will now have their framerate/effects as good as the PS4, which is good news.

It wasn't the case for many multiplatform games: Battlefield 4, Watch_Dogs, Trials, Assassin's creed 4 where on top of the resolution gap, XB1 games had also worse framerates or more screen tearing or less AO versus PS4 games.
900p to 1080p is 44% more pixels.
720p to 900p is 56% more pixels.

Now, 720p + 10% would barely end up at 755p.
Would they keep the resolution the same and boost the effects or frame rate? I don't know, it would depend on the game I guess.

900p to 1080p is 44% more pixels.
720p to 900p is 56% more pixels.

Now, 720p + 10% would barely end up at 755p.
Would they keep the resolution the same and boost the effects or frame rate? I don't know, it would depend on the game I guess.
Globalisateur's post isn't claiming that the XB1 versions will have overall parity, it's claiming that in instances with a 720/900 or 900/1080 split the XB1 versions will likely consistently at least have framerate and effects parity.

Resogun too but as people now suddently don't count 'indies' as proper games...

This drives me particularly nuts, sure you may not be throwing millions of vertexes around but getting a frame out in under 16ms is non-trivial no matter how months someone worked on the coffee cups in your game.

Low poly models is still 3D models when Forza 5 has 2D crowds.

MGS5 is still open world game with decent lighting and decent AA. It's the only console game doing that whatever how you spin it. And the game can be really beautifull on some areas and the lighting very impressive.

Forza 5 has good car models but pre-baked lighting and no AA or limited AA on some elements like cars (like the way Need for speed does it, MSAA only on some models). On many technical parts, Forza 5 is a full HD downgraded Forza 4.

So, you are comparing a Full HD game that actually has minor differences to it's last gen version (some additional lighting which is decent in your opinion and higher res textures with same models) and it's last gen version is less impressive , visually, than MGS4 and is running at double framerate with FM5, and calling FM5 a Full HD FM4?! :LOL:

2D crowds made from polygons, too. So having hundreds of 2D crowds is better than having few zombie 3D crowds for a racing game or a low poly main character.

Last gen lighting
Decent current gen lighting
A last gen Full HD port

What kind of standard is this?!

Same for Forza 5. We can't undestand reasons behind comparing Resogun (tons of lighting, most impressive physics seen on a console game, good AA) and Forza 5: repetitive textures, jaggies fest, prebaked lighting, 2D crowds.

Repetitive textures what?! They pre-baked god rays, lens flare, car shadows, etc? Jaggies fest?!:LOL:

The whole point of Resogun is its physics based particles/cube, take that from Resogun and you have nothing to talk about any more. Also I can't see toooons of lighting in this game, there are some dynamic lighting that affect a really small environment of the game (oh, FM5 is at least open world compared to Resogun, I know you know that very well ;)).

And you know that the same developer that made Killer Instinct (an exclusive XB1 game) at 720p@60fps made Strider at 1080p@60fps, right?! It means Strider isn't even at as demanding as KI, if Strider was as demanding as KI then why they didn't make KI 1080p@60fps at first place?! Ok, I know your answer. KI is more demanding than FM5. :smile:

Really boring discussion. Spinning every thing in the way that you want and putting 2 key words (2D crowds and pre-baked) on top of each sentence won't do magic my friend.

Repetitive textures what?! They pre-baked god rays, lens flare, car shadows, etc? Jaggies fest?!:LOL:

Really boring discussion. Spinning every thing in the way that you want and putting 2 key words (2D crowds and pre-baked) on top of each sentence won't do magic my friend.

Those shots look great its a shame that you can't actually play the game in photo mode.

This is how it *actually looks* when you are playing.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/5/6/3/2/7.bmp.jpg/EG11/resize/1920x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/5/6/3/2/1.bmp.jpg/EG11/resize/1920x-1
http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/6/3/5/6/3/2/6.bmp.jpg/EG11/resize/1920x-1

Not sure why people are discussing 2D crowds. Pure geometry throughput is unlikely to be affected by this change and XBOX One has the highest throughput rate in the first place.

Not sure why people are discussing 2D crowds. Pure geometry throughput is unlikely to be affected by this change and XBOX One has the highest throughput rate in the first place.

You'd have to use much more textures assets on 3D crowds than 2d.

Textures at 60fps benefit from bandwidth so I assume that they would want to store them in the fast video memory, hence many environment textures are repetitive because of the 32MB limit. Not sure if F5 developers used memory tiling to be able to use more textures on the esram (and if they did, they were still limited because memory tiling is not free).

This game on some of those screenshots reminds me many PS2 games and their repetitive textures (and the weak or non-existent lighting applied to them).

Like this one which is really what I am talking about when I write "Full HD downgraded Forza 4":

1920x-1

That one picture has been spammed enough for months on Neogaf and here I think...

If you're saying forza 5 looks worse than other current gen racers and 30 fps ones at that, i think you're being disingenuous. Real gameplay screens can make any game look bad. And I can demonstrate this if you wish with any game, just name it. That's why screens always seem to be the weapon of choice. I advocate videos of real gameplay.

IMO Forza 5 is really good looking game Especially as a lunch title. Everything sets out to 1080p60, the game's use of depth-of-field, per-object and camera motion blur , improved lighting effects, impressive draw distances without LOD, material and reflections system is impressive too ...

Not sure how you com up with that. If you wanted to 3D model everything texture reuse can be quite high because you can mix up the assets to create more variety, and you'd increase the texture reuse.

Textures at 60fps benefit from bandwidth so I assume that they would want to store them in the fast video memory, hence many environment textures are repetitive because of the 32MB limit.
This is what standard texture caches are here for. Hit rate for reuse from cache is likely to already be very high. Texture bandwidth use doesn't necessarily scale with framerate, where fillrate will.

Ah, the smell of E3 in the morning ;)

seriously :LOL:. the lengths some go to and try and prove that their marginally more powerful console of choice is miles ahead by downplaying the competition is astounding.

Next week is going to be interesting indeed

/face palm

the fact that the "2D" crowd turns toward the camera means the "2D" are billboards, which is 2 triangles in 3D space. The fact that they use real photos probably take up more textures this way to trade for the reduction in triangles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back