Predictions for E3 2014

• Thread starter Deleted member 86764
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a prediction: One of the Xbox exclusives will be a sequel to State of Decay from Undead Labs, or they will announce that State of Decay will become available on Xbox One.

Yes, a DayZ exclusive or if State of Decay actually came out with an open world persistent survival game along the DayZ lines would be really big.

One would think it would be a perfect platform to demonstrate the benefits of Azure and leverage MS cloud abilities in direct contrast to Sony, but seeing as how everything so far has been unfulfilled promises, I am not particularly hopeful.

I just saw that State of Decay has new DLC coming out. It was published by Microsoft. I think it's a reasonable guess one of the 3rd party exclusives could be Undead Labs. An Xbox One version of the game is possible, but I think a straight next-gen port isn't as likely as a sequel.

Gamespots rumors E3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-rumors/1100-6419935/
NFC Figurines for Super Smash Bros.
Grand Theft Auto V comes to Current-gen
Dance Central 4
More PlayStation 4 HD Remakes
New Mortal Kombat
Big Third-Party Xbox One Exclusive
Halo: The Master Chief Collection
Halo 2: Anniversary Edition
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Collection for PS4 and Xbox One
Battlefield: Hardline (CONFIRMED)
Project Beast for the PS4

I'm still guessing Epic's Samaritan for the bolded.

There seems to be a lot swirling around MS though, including rumors of 2 or 3 third party exclusives.

Gamespots rumors E3

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2014-rumors/1100-6419935/

I'm still guessing Epic's Samaritan for the bolded.

There seems to be a lot swirling around MS though, including rumors of 2 or 3 third party exclusives.

I would caution a temperance of expectations regarding exclusive game reveals from all 3 this E3.

I certainly don't see Epic being interested in making AAA games. As for the past few years they've been increasingly critical of the profitability of the market, i.e. farmed out GeOW:J, rejected making a new GeOW and sold the rights to MS, have been making only iOS tripe, employees and PR folks have been pretty vocal about how much more profitable iOS and mobile is than AAA console gaming.

I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for an exclusive Epic game for any of the console vendors.

A Platinum Games game however has been rumoured for MS and is very likely;)

I would caution a temperance of expectations regarding exclusive game reveals from all 3 this E3.

I certainly don't see Epic being interested in making AAA games. As for the past few years they've been increasingly critical of the profitability of the market, i.e. farmed out GeOW:J, rejected making a new GeOW and sold the rights to MS, have been making only iOS tripe, employees and PR folks have been pretty vocal about how much more profitable iOS and mobile is than AAA console gaming.

I certainly wouldn't hold my breath for an exclusive Epic game for any of the console vendors.

A Platinum Games game however has been rumoured for MS and is very likely;)

Epic is working on one big budget, traditional graphics focused title along with their other stuff. They've said as much.

IIRC they said they wont be ready to talk about it for a long time though, at least as of a few weeks ago.

So yeah, I'm probably wrong :D

I just dont see a Platinum game as causing many ripples though, and the chatter seems to suggest megatons (but of course it can be wrong).

Exclusive also means first party right? So of course there will be more. It's widely expected at least Halo Collection and Forza Horizon 2 along with SO as the bare minimum.

Dragon Age would be a megaton imo, and I also wouldn't expect something that big to go exclusive. Or something from EA really, they're pretty much multiplat or die I think. Mad Max, alien, Evolve seem like much smaller less relevant titles.

So since Remedy said QB is 2015 and will debut at Gamescome, I guess we can scratch that one? Granted I've been expecting 15, but I figured we'd see footage at E3. Kind of makes one think MS lineup must be crazy stacked they seem to be bumping stuff left and right to make room.

Right, they already have a few indie games lined up for 2014, right?

Other than that one of, Mad Max, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Alien: Isolation, and Evolve could be in play for an exclusive.

Megaton would be Far Cry 4 but I have my doubts on that

He is very clear, he was asked about exclusive games, like Sunset Overdrive (not in another platform).

I bet one of the exclusive 3rd party MS games will be a 6 or 8 month timed exclusive. Fall out 4 perhaps.

Also hoping they funded HD verisions of Shenmue 1+2 and a new 3

I doubt they would get an exclusivity on a game that already has been announced multi-platform like Dragon Age, Evolve, or Far Cry 4 that already have pre-orders up for all platforms.

It's probably something unannounced that's still coming this year.

I doubt they would get an exclusivity on a game that already has been announced multi-platform like Dragon Age, Evolve, or Far Cry 4 that already have pre-orders up for all platforms.

It's probably something unannounced that's still coming this year.

To get something beyond an indie title for 2014, they'd have to go after something that's already announced. I mean the year is almost haf over.

The deal could have been done a long time ago, or maybe the contract discussion took just too long.

To get something beyond an indie title for 2014, they'd have to go after something that's already announced. I mean the year is almost haf over.

I dunno. I'm sure there are still several games that will be announced at E3 for this year. BF: Hardline was supposed to have been announced at E3 and it's coming this year, but it leaked 2 weeks early.

I'm going to guess that it may be a Sega or Capcom game, if there is a third party exclusive at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back