Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Damn, really bugs me that won't they sell the campaign separately for a reduced price. Looks really awesome, but not 70€-for-7-hours kind of awesome.

Hmm... really not sure if I will be getting this. I probably will, but not sure if I will actually invest much time playing MP.... just not sure about the futuristic run & gun....

I will pretty much only play SP, like on most other games. So they better have a solid SP campaign that will be fun to be replayed if too short.

From the 60fps video I've seen posted on here, COD is hardly a rock solid 60fps kind of game.
Yeah, it might be a Chrome/YT issue, but the PS4 campaign video I saw plenty of sub-60fps drops, went back to the same spot and they repeated, so guess we'll have to wait for DF. First-hand accounts say "60fps locked" though, so who knows at this point. Really not impressed with the lighting.

It's annoying that Eurogamer will seemingly not even mention any aspects of graphics at all in game reviews if DF is scheduled to do a write-up. Just some mention with "More detailed analysis from DF to follow" would be nice.

The lighting is definitely an order of magnitude less sophisticated than in a game like Killzone, but if it is a locked 60fps game then it's understandable.

Now that I've been thinking about this a bit, I think the reason why I'm not too fond of the MP in this game is precisely the exo-suit thingy that makes it a bit more like Titanfall. I want more realistic battles - where players don't run around like on steroids. I think the jumping ability and move fast will make this game a dream for those that enjoy the Quake kind of multiplayer, but less those that prefer a more realistic battlefield - e.g. what I've become used to playing BF4.

The SP however, should be a blast, which is why I'll probably get this anyway. :cool:

IIRC, CoD games don't drop any faster than other games. But because they usually release just before the holidays, they usually goes on sale in November/December (at least in North America). I have my copy pre-ordered for $40.

In case you didnt know you can play the multiplayer against bots if you dont like playing online.

Robots taking jobs away from hard working human beings. Besides its not the same if your opponents are not shouting obscenities and calling you a cheater when you headshot them. :nope:

Based on reviews current C.o.D. seems to use many elements from past competition fps like bits of Killzone, crysis, etc

Only the lack of vehicles....it's still c.o.d. formula in multiplatform.

It looks pretty but I'm hearing PS3 and Xbox 360 are also very impressive.

Can't wait for the technology breakdown not just pixel resolution or frame rate.

I honestly expected 32 vs 32 online multiplayer for the current gen consoles but don't think that's happened or ever will.

Based on reviews current C.o.D. seems to use many elements from past competition fps like bits of Killzone, crysis, etc

Only the lack of vehicles....it's still c.o.d. formula in multiplatform.

It looks pretty but I'm hearing PS3 and Xbox 360 are also very impressive.

Can't wait for the technology breakdown not just pixel resolution or frame rate.

I honestly expected 32 vs 32 online multiplayer for the current gen consoles but don't think that's happened or ever will.

You are right it won't happen because that's not COD.

I don't like huge number of players, this is why I barely have any fun while playing on 64 player maps in BF4, too many players to keep track off and it's very easy to get killed, you could be getting shot at by 5 different players at one time. 12 vs 12 or 16 vs 16 modes are my favourites. 24 players have been the perfect spot in most MP games for me.

Also Advanced Warfare is basically Black Ops 2 with exo suits.

The graphics look underrated amazing in the IGN review. And nobody has really talked about it as a gfx monster but it sure looks like one, and without any resolution cheating like last gen (900+ on X1, 1080 on PS4) and at 60 FPS...

I don't think that suits COD gameplay. Works in Battlefield in some game modes, but I think COD is better off with a lower number.

Back