Metro Redux [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
If they are really "rock-solid" 60fps I wouldn't be surprised if they use dynamic resolution like "rock solid 60fps" Wolfenstein.

Both games could be then labelled 1080p like Wolf on both PS4 and XB1. I think it's a good solution in the future. It's much better for Wolf XB1 owners to have recurrent dynamic lower resolution than screen tearing like seen in Sniper Elite 3, right?

If they are really "rock-solid" 60fps I wouldn't be surprised if they use dynamic resolution like "rock solid 60fps" Wolfenstein.

Both games could be then labelled 1080p like Wolf on both PS4 and XB1. I think it's a good solution in the future. It's much better for Wolf XB1 owners to have recurrent dynamic lower resolution than screen tearing like seen in Sniper Elite 3, right?

That assumes it's a straight trade.

I just dont like the idea of dynamic res. Would prefer locked 900P over dynamic "1080P".

I've only played one 900P game on my X1 so far, Destiny, and it looked really good.

I pixel counted ~1080p vertically on one gamersyde screenshot but we all know it could mean a lot of things:

Dynamic resolution, horizontal resolution is not 1920, trailer is from PC or special marketing build, everything is possible...

Dat 60fps sacrifice. Dynamic res is honestly more annoying to me than screen tearing or slight fps drop, like one second you see a pristine looking imagery then turn around and stare into a world of jaggies and bluriness. But, if they keep 1080p 95% of time on PS4 then it's still acceptable. Will carefully read DF first before blind purchase.

They seem to be putting a LOT f rework in these titles. I would love to play Last Light again with these visuals, but, to be honest, the jaggies are too many in that trailer for my honeymoon with next gen.
But still, this is the way to do a remaster of a recent game ! This trailer really makes me get it. I will wait for the price to be announced for our store.

I interpreted it as: "I wouldn't be so sure about the 900p part.."
Which could mean that it's 872p

Hopefully this isn't a click-bait tactic... :LOL:

Anyhow, most sites (today) are reporting that the PS4 version is 1080p/60fps and the XB1 is 900p/60fps. What's even more hilarious, is that Eurogamer's Italian branch/office/website is reporting the same thing. We shall see soon...

Eurogamer have their Digital Foundry vs Metro Redux article up. I've also posted this in the Digital Foundry thread.

Having watched the video above I hadn't realised there were monsters (mutants?) in the game, I had assumed it was more human vs human. Am very much looking forward to this and I can see it's less than £30 on Amazon UK! :cool:

There's more than just monsters. Play the game,don't spoil it for yourself :smile: .

15 mins of 2033 gameplay:

Man, those new areas looks freaking ridiculous :D !They have gotten rid of the main immersion breaker of 2033: the disjointed levels. Levels don't end abruptly now and they have created new areas to connect the levels together !

Also, They have added options to play Last Light in 2033 style survival gameplay and 2033 in Last Light kindof action gameplay too :D ! Wow ! That means we can replay both games in a completely new way ! Definitely go for 2033 first , then.

Add to that realtime GI in both titles. Good job Devs !

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll cover like-for-like performance on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in a forthcoming pre-launch update, but we're going into that testing with the expectation of very close results. Differences kick in at the resolution level: PS4 hits its 60fps target at full 1080p, while Xbox One currently stands at a curious 912p native resolution - that would be something in the region of 1620x912 (assuming square pixels). The original plan for Xbox One was to ship at 900p, but the June XDK update (returning the Kinect GPU resources to developers) has allowed for a tiny resolution boost - our guess here is that 4A opted to bank the additional resource to help lock down that all-important frame-rate rather than really push the pixel-count. If so, that's the right trade.

There it is...

So the question is to what extent the game fails to hit its budget. On PlayStation 4 running Last Light, we see a solid 60fps from start to finish (screen-tear is only evident on FMV cinematics, curiously enough).

This is very good to hear... congratulations 4A games.

Okay, I'll eat my hat, they delivered: the resolution on the Xbox One is indeed higher than 900p!

I'd buy this even at 720P btw, amazing developer and a lot of effort went into making the games

Back