Metro Redux [PS4, XO]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
Did you watch the short clip in the tweet I posted? It shows a Metro Redux title screen, followed by the PS4 controller button layout screen, followed by the framerate counter displaying 60fps, followed by a short gameplay clip running at 60fps, with the caption: "Hmm... What could that number mean?" I'd say it's all but confirmed. :LOL:

edit: here's the direct link to the short teaser clip in the tweet:
https://vine.co/v/MHxqLe5107A

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe they just get there with console optimization? Factor of 2X? How much low hanging fruit is DX12 designed to address on PC, (Even if maybe much of it relates to weak CPU's) let alone console optimization?

Of course I'm sure it will not be EXACT to PC version, that's probably not technically possible. But the differences could be very minor.

This reminds, yet again, why it's good to have the powerful system. Just like 360 last gen, every dev wants to show PS4 version...

If that were true then every other game out there would be equalling Titan performance as well - which is clearly far from true with PS4 generally struggling to match the 7870.

And as you say, the low hanging fruit from DX12 is CPU based not GPU. Sure on the CPU front I don't doubt a 2x increase is possible in some games until the low level API's hit but evidence as well as previous statements from AndyTX suggest there is far less potential to eek out much more relative performance from the GPU's.

I suspect its much more likely they're just dropping all those 'Ultra' settings which gobble up performance for minimal visual impact. I expect the DF face off will clear things up in that department.

KZ had some nice muzzle and explosion shadows, personally I think they add a lot to the immersion. Devs should make sure they make it into final games more often.

Is MetroLL benchmark [that big fight] indicative of the performance of the gameplay? I somehow don't think that game has much areas where 100 people are fighting with countless explosion/fighting visual effects being active.

KZ had some nice muzzle and explosion shadows, personally I think they add a lot to the immersion. Devs should make sure they make it into final games more often.
Only the player muzzle flash is active in KZ, not NPCs, also not sure about explosions, don't think they cast shadows at all.

Is MetroLL benchmark [that big fight] indicative of the performance of the gameplay? I somehow don't think that game has much areas where 100 people are fighting with countless explosion/fighting visual effects being active.
Yes it is just a stress test, normal gameplay is far less taxing than the benchmark, though there are some outdoor scenes which come very close.

Ok thanks.

I just browsed through YouTube and this vid shows M:LL being played on 7870 on Ultra [unknown AA] with "Min-36 Average-40 Max-59".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZNW6VG80zk

more 7870 stats @
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH3EupPytdA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pE5nf9vk5eg

All in all, I dont thing 4A will have much problems bringing M:LL to 60fps. They will most probably use something around V.High and they will tweak tessalation and other demanding effects to their liking.

4A Games and Deep Silver are bringing the iconic Metro series to the next generation. METRO REDUX features fully re-mastered and improved versions of both METRO 2033 and METRO: LAST LIGHT, creating the most compelling Metro experience ever.

With re-worked next-gen visuals, smooth 60FPS gameplay on console, as well as new and improved content and features, METRO REDUX is much more than a simple HD upgrade.

For the REDUX edition, Metro 2033 has been completely overhauled:
The original game has been rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine, bringing all the graphical and gameplay improvements from Last Light to Metro 2033 Redux
Enjoy completely re-mastered visuals: advanced lighting, dynamic weather, more detailed characters with improved animation, more dynamic destruction and improved smoke, fire and particle effects
Experience radically improved gameplay: advanced enemy AI, improved combat and stealth mechanics, superior weapon handling and more responsive, intuitive controls plus signature features from Last Light such as the atmospheric ‘mask wipe’ mechanic, weapon customization, and silent kills and takedowns

Metro: Last Light Redux has also received a graphical facelift and gameplay improvements that carry across both titles, including new melee animations, and the fan-requested ‘Check Watch’ and ‘Check Inventory’ features. It also includes all previously released Season Pass add-on content – a further 10 hours of single-player gameplay.

Upon release, Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux will each be available separately as a digital download for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and PC a suggested $24.99 / €19.99 / £15.99.

Alongside the digital release, a boxed compilation containing both games, titled METRO REDUX will be available at retail for a suggested $49.99 / €39.99 / £34.99.

Metro 2033 Redux, Metro: Last Light Redux and the compilation Metro Redux are scheduled for release this Summer for Xbox One, PlayStation, and Windows PC.

Dedicated Linux and SteamOS versions will also release later this year.
http://enterthemetro.com/us/news/game_information/return_to_post_apocalyptic_moscow_us/

Beynon said the console versions are expected to run at 60 frames per second. The PS4 version will run at 1080p resolution, with the Xbox One running at 900p.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/22/5739550/metro-redux-trailer-2033-last-light

So improvements to every single part of the game [visuals, gameplay, AI...] with great price. 4A and Deep Silver did a good job here.

Its worth to mention that steam will give discounts to individual Redux titles and whole package to anyone who already owns old games. :)

I was astounded by the technical accomplishment of the PS3 version of Metro: last light. The game was excellent, too.

Those developers really know how to optimize different consoles. This game really could be the new technical reference among multiplatform games, beating Tomb raider DE.

I was astounded by the technical accomplishment of the PS3 version of Metro: last light. The game was excellent, too.

Those developers really know how to optimize different consoles. This game really could be the new technical reference among multiplatform games, beating Tomb raider DE.

Agreed. 4A games really did a great job on 2023 for the 360. They did an even better job on Last Light for both the 360 and Ps3. The fact that they now have both games coming to the Ps4/X1 with improved assets and double the framerate at 900p/1080p is quite amazing.

These games still bring high dollar gaming Pcs trouble. 4A's engine and dev skills are highly over looked. You would think some large publishers would be fighting tooth and nail to have these guys to themselves.

I think these games are arguably pretty ugly/rough in a lot of ways TBH. Always have. They're just super unoptimized on PC. Consider they are basically low budget projects.

The pricing strategy is interesting, 24.99 each, digital download only?

They are doing good with a summer release. The release slate is really dead between Watch Dogs and Destiny. If these were fall they would be utterly buried, but in summer, they can get some attention.

I was playing Last Light on PC at some point, mean to get back to it. But it couldn't hold my attention. One problem is it takes like 3 solid minutes to actually get into the game through the 17 lengthy unskippable splash screens. Hate that.

Not sure whether to be disappointed or pleased at 900P on Xboy.

wtf low budget projects!? Last light really? everbody splooging themselves over the PC version last year over a low budget ugly and rough project? Come on. Come on.

wtf low budget projects!? Last light really? everbody splooging themselves over the PC version last year over a low budget ugly and rough project? Come on. Come on.

Yes it's very buggy and so forth. already ran into one gamestopper bug where I couldn't progress for no reason but that I accidentally bypassed one of the game's script triggers.

Maybe it's better if I get back to it...but I heard it best described as a Triple A title in todays fashion, basically very linear shooter.

It's not a typical linear console style shooter?

I assume I've played about 1/3-1/2 the game on PC and, welp...

What about the bug part? That really happened. The game isn't polished.

This is speaking of Last Light, Haven't played 2033.

I might enjoy it more on console, just cause I tend to enjoy the console experience more, but it still strikes me as a pretty ordinary game. The graphics aren't even great imo. The atmosphere could be cool, and is, but the outdoor graphics dont really realize the potential for being one of the most demanding games on PC.

You are entitled to your opinion Rangers and I rarely ever disagree with you,but I love the way both metro games look and play. Ive only played them on the 360 though.

Back