Bardbarian on Steam - (Free Beta Keys!)

Sorry but make the time,
I cant for 1 minute believe you dont have half a day (even if the only option is editing an ini file)

That's an interesting idea. UI is the main issue here, reading the bindings from an external file could be a quick way to make it work :)

Oh btw, is the upgrade menu screen only accessible after death & before starting? And... do I always have to start at the beginning of a set of waves after quitting?

Oh btw, is the upgrade menu screen only accessible after death & before starting? And... do I always have to start at the beginning of a set of waves after quitting?

Yep the idea is that you have to reach each checkpoint (beat the boss) to unlock the next one.

I don't have Steam installed right now. I got 12 games there but ever since I migrated to Windows 8.1 from vanilla Windows 8 I didn't reinstall the thing. If that wasn't the case, I'd give it a try.

Any chance to see this game published at GoG when completed?

I don't have Steam installed right now. I got 12 games there but ever since I migrated to Windows 8.1 from vanilla Windows 8 I didn't reinstall the thing. If that wasn't the case, I'd give it a try.

Any chance to see this game published at GoG when completed?

Yep, we'll at least do Desura and GoG once Steam is launched and stable.

hm... maybe it's unintended, but when the crystal gets destroyed, I can still move around and kill the enemies on-screen even after the tally screen shows up. Not sure if it actually counts the gold pickups then though. :)

Do you support cloud saves? Haven't tried logging into another computer yet. :oops:

Unlocked a couple badges and achievements just now...

hm... maybe it's unintended, but when the crystal gets destroyed, I can still move around and kill the enemies on-screen even after the tally screen shows up. Not sure if it actually counts the gold pickups then though. :)

it was a bug that we decided to keep in cause it's fun :) Ya, it counts the gold.

Good question on cloud saves, I'll check into that.

Surprisingly fun.

I haven't run into anything major yet. Just as with others would like an easier way to rebind keys.

It seems the game would work quite well if it had mouse click movement (starcraft/diablo style). That would also make it work nicely on my Windows Tablet with touch controls, I'd imagine.

Regards,
SB

It seems the game would work quite well if it had mouse click movement (starcraft/diablo style). That would also make it work nicely on my Windows Tablet with touch controls, I'd imagine.
It does work well on my Windows tablet. Just place a thumb on the screen and use it as a virtual thumbstick (hold and drag).

The placement of the summons and the buffs makes it so that you'll need to support the tablet on a table or your lap, though; since it's pretty much impossible to reach those while maintaining a two-handed grip.

Works great on both my W8.1 and W7 PC's!

XBOX360 controller is great for this game, but better keyboard support would be nice :)

mm... For keyboard I find I preferred having the party summon keys above the powers since I usually shift up a row for lesser used keys (plus I like number = party member :p). So I configured 1-4 for party, qwer for powers.

I suppose I might try qwer for party, asdf for powers too.

Good question on cloud saves, I'll check into that.

Ah nice. It works. :)

Back