Bardbarian on Steam - (Free Beta Keys!)

Grabbed:.... Thanks :)

edit:

So far so good... Mouse movement was a bit funny at times, but I just moved onto keyboard anyway.

Is there a healing ability :?:

Is it only available in North-America? I don't seem to be able to find a way to get it? Don't see a place to stick a code in. I can't even find it in the steam program, only through the web link scooby gave, but can't do anything there.

Is it only available in North-America? I don't seem to be able to find a way to get it? Don't see a place to stick a code in. I can't even find it in the steam program, only through the web link scooby gave, but can't do anything there.

It doesn't show up cause it's not live in the store until Tuesday, but if you go Games > Activate a Product, it will allow you to unlock it.

A couple of quick comments.

Game mechanics are not entirely obvious to the player. Might need better tutorializing or a help screen. The shop descriptions helps for the city upgrades, but especially when it comes to the hero options and the notes/song stuff it is not so clear. Same with the mini-map, the existence of of the challenge modes, etc. On the PC, perhaps something as simple as a PDF-manual could help immensely?

Controls clearly designed for tablet. Does not translate very well to keyboard. A controller looks to work a bit better, but still not entirely natural. Then imagine my surprise when I tried it on my Z2760 tablet (that can hardly run anything) and found it to be most enjoyable. (Good stuff, even loads of other tablet originated games don't even work properly with touch controls on Windows.) Yet touch controls, which should obviously (IMHO) be preferable if they are an option, are not really indicated at all.

As for the game itself, it seems a bit too frantic for my tastes, but that impression may be colored by the less than stellar classic PC-controls I first tried it with. Will definitely give it a couple more spins on the tablet.

Game mechanics are not entirely obvious to the player.

I actually had no idea it was survival until the giant crystal got destroyed in Wave 1, but then I skimmed over the game description. :oops: I probably missed the part about only summoning 1 of each party member as opposed to multiple of the same (e.g. can't do 3 archers).

I also missed where the lightning bolt meter was (upper right), but I suppose that's more obvious on a tablet. XD

Will spend more time later today.

I did notice the background music didn't play the first time I loaded up the game. Not a big deal, but just something weird.

the less than stellar classic PC-controls I first tried it with.

What would you suggest to make it better on Keyboard?

We've mapped main summons to QWE and 1234, and Arrows for movement, not sure what alternatives would be better?

It's really far better on controller than it is on touch too, controller is really where it sings I think.

hm... odd. I seem to have lost my save. :s
Same here.
What would you suggest to make it better on Keyboard?
Don't know, really. I guess you can't please everybody with a single setup. For me it was mostly getting movement on my "wrong hand" making things very difficult in such an hectic game. Is configurability an option?

I noticed, though, that I could move the movement (so to speak) to my right (i.e. left) hand and use the mouse for buffs and summons (which worked better for me than keyboard only with the current controls), but in that case I think I would have preferred the summons/buffs controls to reside in the same location you have on the mobile versions (same for touch on the tablet, actually).

I'll try it with a controller some more too.

Same here.

Don't know, really. I guess you can't please everybody with a single setup. For me it was mostly getting movement on my "wrong hand" making things very difficult in such an hectic game. Is configurability an option?

That makes sense, we used to have WASD for movement as well, but took it out to map the summons there. Hmm... tough one

Just the one time. I think it was the 3rd or 4th time I loaded up the game overall. Previously, I was on wave 4, and quit/exited the game via the menus after dying. My party was a mix of 3 and 2 stars, upgraded health maybe twice, note generation once... IIRC.

Thought maybe there was an update that wiped it. :p

Same here.

We'd like to add configuration eventually, but don't have time right now.

We're thinking of switching it to:
Move: WASD or ARROWS
Summon: JKL
Powers: UIOP

At least that will let people move with either hand.

Back