Arx Libertatis

swaaye

Entirely Suboptimal
Legend
Supporter
I just completed playing the open source rework of Arx Fatalis called Arx Libertatis. There were a few glitches/quirks but it never crashed and it runs much better than the original Arkane build.

What a cool game btw. So atmospheric, just like Arkane's other games. And the setting of a fantasy world taking refuge underground because their sun died is so interesting (or...did it die? It's a bit of a mystery.)

I liked arx hated the spell casting

Yeah it is annoying. I watched some YouTube videos and some people manage to get very good at it though.

I also have the Xbox version of the game and they changed spell casting for the better on there. It uses the dpad, or you can use an easy arcade casting mode as well. Xbox version also has a different audio mix, using everyone's favorite NV audio processor well, and it has pixel shaded water.

I noticed Arx Libertatis removed the curious "bump mapping". The official game build and the Xbox version use (I think) emboss bump mapping. It is weird. It looks kinda like detail texturing but I think the game looks better without it. Walls completely change their appearance as you approach for example.

Back