Assassins Creed Unity [PS4, XO]

I'm playing Ryse maxed out on the PC at the moment and this still looks awesome to me, I've no idea what all the fuss is about.

Yeah I was exaggerating a little but it really isn't that nextgen looking by all means. Asset quality, reflection, shadows and iq fall well behind to a few other current gen titles both released and upcoming. I expect a game of 900p nature to offer something mind blowing in the graphics department but non can be found here.
Are those other games open world, support crowds of thousands of NPCs and have interiors for 1/4 of all the map buildings while having a fully dynamic lighting system?

Are those other games open world, support crowds of thousands of NPCs and have interiors for 1/4 of all the map buildings while having a fully dynamic lighting system?

There are no thousands of NPCs in any console screenshots I have seen. Not even hundreds. Dozens, yes.

Not very different of the cities population of AC4 from what I've seen so far.

There are no thousands of NPCs in any console screenshots I have seen. Not even hundreds. Dozens, yes.

Not very different of the cities population of AC4 from what I've seen so far.

Notre Dame's square in the video above looks very crowded.
Now Hitman Absolution showed very crowed levels but it wasn't open world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of annoying with the YT compression, but there is some sort of AO component I think to the character (more noticeable while climbing). Funny how the earlier screenshots don't exhibit this, or maybe it's too faint for the particular lighting condition.

Folks should wait for better quality feed.

Hundreds of persons working at Ubisoft for this game and not one noticed how blurry the game was? And how shocking the difference was compared to AC4 even versus XB1 version?

Hundreds of people and nobody is entitled to give a shit. I think UBI is on a path of making gigantic worlds with mediocre mechanics.

Hundreds of people and nobody is entitled to give a shit. I think UBI is on a path of making gigantic worlds with mediocre mechanics.

Now hold on there players :cool:

Remember the development pecking order. Low level grunt can't do much about it if they can't sell the idea to the higher ups who then sell it to even higher management. Ubi aimed too high and now they potentially pay the price. I still think no matter what problems game will have, won't prevent masses from buying this game. I'd buy it too but my current PC is not powerful enough to run it at max settings (way above console).

PS4 footage, Ubi will probably remove it from YT

It looks amazing on my iPhone at least. Beautiful and I took a tour in the ND, amazing to see it like that. And that really is a lot of people on that square. Framerates seems good too. I'd love native 1080p but other than that I am very impressed.

There looks like there may be hundreds of NPCs in that square from the leaked YT footage, it's just the player never steps back and tries to get them all in frame. E.g. look at this single frame which represents a single field of view and which is closing on a 100 NPCs - using some rudimentary counting

2014-11-02%20Frame%20from%20AC5%20leaked%20gameplay%20%28YT%29.jpg

It looks amazing on my iPhone at least. Beautiful and I took a tour in the ND, amazing to see it like that. And that really is a lot of people on that square. Framerates seems good too. I'd love native 1080p but other than that I am very impressed.

I can see myself getting this game. I'm a sucker for atmospheric environments and this game reeks of atmosphere. I'll wait for the reviews but as long as the missions are more varied and they've ditched lots of tailing missions, I think I may be in :yep2:

Tailing missions galore ! The dreaded tailing missions, the thing I hate th emost in ACs and the demo footage they released last had that very thing in there reminding me of all the painful times instantly :mad:

Tailing missions galore ! The dreaded tailing missions, the thing I hate th emost in ACs and the demo footage they released last had that very thing in there reminding me of all the painful times instantly :mad:
I like the way Black Flag asks you to rate each mission upon completion. I rated every tailing mission the lowest rating possible :yep2:

I still yearn for an Assassin's Creed game where the give you true open ended mission structures. E.g. you have to kill target X but know very little about the target other than where they live or work.

From there you can go head on or you can investigate their behaviour and movement patterns further by tailing/listening to friends and associations, bribing friends and associates, or stealthily stealing information about them. Then instead of trying to get them somewhere tricky you can get them somewhere they are more vulnerable. Or you can lure them places. Or boobytrap something they might use.

I want options. Open world games that are heavily scripted seem to defeat the purpose of the freedom open world games are supposed to offer.

no no, they need to tap other people's genetic memory. Its obvious that this test subject have bad genetic memory. He/she always late to remember stuff.

Calm down, it's build from the ground up for next gen systems.

Just a shame Next Gen systems aren't due for 4 or 5 years.

UBI are so far ahead of the game they should be applauded.

Back